BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Eu Referendum, In Or Out - Looks Like Blackburn Wants Out !

How will you vote on June 23rd  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or Leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union
    • Leave the European Union

I would love to see the look on her face if Westminster said, OK leave the UK NOW

I think she'd be fine with it to be honest. Takes the decision out of her hands, gets what she wants without having to take the blame.

Ps. what intrigues me is the option of Scotland and NI staying in the EU while England and Wales leave. Sounds mental and probably wont happen, but there is a precedent of the sub division of countries within the EU. Greenland is part of Denmark however is not a part of the EU while the rest of Denmark is.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is only a number of the bigger unions who are affiliated and pay monies to the Labour Party; unions like Unite, Unison, CWU, GMB and RMT. You have to opt out of paying the political levy (IE. Money to help fund Labour). If you pay the political level then you are a "Labour Affiliate" but may not realise it and you have a vote in Leadership contests.

My union s non party political and when we survey members the feedback back is that they vote in many different ways.

Unite had a survey of members after the last but one General Election but kept the results secret when they found out 50% of their members told them they voted Conservative. So much for the pressure McClusky is trying to put on Labour MP's to support JC.

Yes, I was a member of NALGO (which became Unison) so that fits in with how I remembered it. Thanks PB.

Yes you digress Gav. Not for the first time ;-)

Don't wind me up again :P

I had to go for a run earlier, fuming again bloody politics, not been running for a longtime Mike, almost died, embarrassing, pathetic attempt, still knackered now :blush:

Don't wind me up again :P

I had to go for a run earlier, fuming again bloody politics, not been running for a longtime Mike, almost died, embarrassing, pathetic attempt, still knackered now :blush:

Get a pint down you lad. Leave bloody running for Cameron.

She's the leader of the Scottish Nationalist Party. She is doing exactly what she and her party were given an overwhelming mandate to do in the General Election. Then she got a clear message from the Scottish people in the EU referendum.

You are entitled to dislike her for whatever reason, but she has a darn sight more credibility than any politician England can muster at the moment.

To trot out the phrase du jour on this thread - the (Scottish) people spoke, or do you not believe in democracy?

Yes I do believe in democracy and as far as I am aware the British people voted to leave the EU. There was no separate vote for Scotland. If Sturgeon cannot accept that it is she and not me who does not believe in democracy and from your post it appears that neither do you. Please accept the will of the British people.

A female bbc reporter on twitter complaining(and rightfully so if true) because she claims somebody has called her a "p#k#" in the last few days in her home town, the support and comments she's received back are absolutely bloody pathetic, you'd think she was strung up and beaten half to death by a gang neo nazis or something by some of the replies she's had back.

really annoying me the way the 'remainers' and most of the media are trying to make out that the majority of those that voted leave are basically just racists, yes there undoubtedly is a proportion of 'leave' voters that are just bigoted twits(and likely ukip supporters) but i really dont believe that it was a large proportion, that said i thinks its fair to say that without that proportion of ukip supporting types then remain would likely have won the vote(but still only by a small margin)

It is only a number of the bigger unions who are affiliated and pay monies to the Labour Party; unions like Unite, Unison, CWU, GMB and RMT. You have to opt out of paying the political levy (IE. Money to help fund Labour). If you pay the political level then you are a "Labour Affiliate" but may not realise it and you have a vote in Leadership contests.

My union s non party political and when we survey members the feedback back is that they vote in many different ways.

Unite had a survey of members after the last but one General Election but kept the results secret when they found out 50% of their members told them they voted Conservative. So much for the pressure McClusky is trying to put on Labour MP's to support JC.

Thanks PB. I was a member of the ETU, remember them? Now they're part of unite.

I was a member of the MSF at one stage many moons ago, sold us down the river, never been in a union since and never will be again.

But we digress

We do digress. However, I was able to finish work with a pension due to the companies pension scheme. A pension scheme that probably no employer would have provided without the workers unions. They're not all bad.

She's the leader of the Scottish Nationalist Party. She is doing exactly what she and her party were given an overwhelming mandate to do in the General Election. Then she got a clear message from the Scottish people in the EU referendum.

You are entitled to dislike her for whatever reason, but she has a darn sight more credibility than any politician England can muster at the moment.

To trot out the phrase du jour on this thread - the (Scottish) people spoke, or do you not believe in democracy?

Has she not been on the losing side in 2 referendums, why has she not resigned

A female bbc reporter on twitter complaining(and rightfully so if true) because she claims somebody has called her a "p#k#" in the last few days in her home town, the support and comments she's received back are absolutely bloody pathetic, you'd think she was strung up and beaten half to death by a gang neo nazis or something by some of the replies she's had back.

really annoying me the way the 'remainers' and most of the media are trying to make out that the majority of those that voted leave are basically just racists, yes there undoubtedly is a proportion of 'leave' voters that are just bigoted twits(and likely ukip supporters) but i really dont believe that it was a large proportion, that said i thinks its fair to say that without that proportion of ukip supporting types then remain would likely have won the vote(but still only by a small margin)

I just wish all these "racist" spotters had been 1% as vigilant about the grooming gangs

Has she not been on the losing side in 2 referendums, why has she not resigned

Believe the other half of the Krankies does not want to do any more TV work or touring, so it's the only job she has got

Regarding the story from the Polish TV station posted a few pages back

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/683739/EU-referendum-German-French-European-superstate-Brexit

Re Corbyn, he was elected to lead the party, most of his parliamentary colleagues have resigned saying he cannot lead. In the workplace he would be removed from his position, therefore IMO he has lost his mandate.

How many of his shadow cabinet are left? been very hard keeping up at work.

Re Corbyn, he was elected to lead the party, most of his parliamentary colleagues have resigned saying he cannot lead. In the workplace he would be removed from his position, therefore IMO he has lost his mandate.

How many of his shadow cabinet are left? been very hard keeping up at work.

No way I can go for another run Baz, in fact I'll not be able to walk tomorrow so I'm going to take a few deep breaths instead of replying :blink:

No way I can go for another run Baz, in fact I'll not be able to walk tomorrow so I'm going to take a few deep breaths instead of replying :blink:

Maybe just a warm-down stroll, or an ice-bath?

Archived