BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn End

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's issues here, though. I (like most in the Darwen End) enjoy having my ST in there as I can stand freely and am surrounded by like minded people who want to make noise. Now, there are undoubtedly a vocal element in the Blackburn End, most notably in N01. However, most people are only going to agree with the idea if there's a guarantee they can stand. I have the feeling that if they do shut the Darwen End, fans will instead move to the Riverside/JW corners rather than run the risk of getting a seat where there might be a family, or someone who wants to sit sat behind. Failing that, some might not even bother, as they would have lost the freedom of unreserved seating where they can meet their mates and congregate.

Today I sat in N05 and moved somewhere where I could stand rather than sit in my allocated seat - if I had to sit down every week I probably wouldn't renew my season ticket as it massively decreases my enjoyment. I know some will say 'well get a seat at the top then', which works for the odd person, but there will be 300-400 in the Darwen End who will all be vying for these seats where they can stand (if they even move to the BBE), and in all likelihood it will lead to them being scattered across the stand. And that is the entire reason people moved to the Darwen End in the first place!

I see Lambert's idea, but I saw a Facebook poll where most Darwen Enders said they would buy season tickets in the Riverside/JW ahead of the Blackburn End.

Agree with him, it's not working anymore and something else should be tried.

Perhaps true, although I don't think it's as simple as shutting the Darwen End and just expect the fans to return to the Blackburn End. They need to do a little more imo to engage said supporters and address their concerns.

• Backroom

Absolutely Sambo, it's not a decision that should be taken likely and Mr Myers should take on board the views of a wide selection of fans but after the behaviour of some at the last widely open event I doubt he's too keen!

Stuart the aim should be to fill Ewood with four fifths Rovers fans by building and employing a successful side.

Scousers out !

As Sambo said... I would be one of the people who would move to one of the corners.

Lambert needs to concentrate on the team, not come in after 2 mins and start telling people to move seats.

The club in general should be putting their efforts into tempting back the missing 10,000 or so missing fans instead of upsetting the loyal 12,000 they have left.

I do have it on good authority though that the Darwen End will NOT be closing next season following representations from various fans currently in there.

Stuart the aim should be to fill Ewood with four fifths Rovers fans by building and employing a successful side.

Scousers out !

That is the aim.

When will you start to do your bit and go to Ewood, JAL?

Because it starts with us.

In the meantime the Ewood Swiss Cheese fanbase cannot continue and hope to generate any real support. Lambert wants a throbbing BBE by selling it out. I say we should back him. Maybe that even means moving other people from the JW or Riverside but as far as I'm concerned we have a split/diluted set of fans behind each goal and this needs to be addressed.

And sambo, you are not able to stand freely in any part of the ground...

That is the aim.

In the meantime the Ewood Swiss Cheese fanbase cannot continue and hope to generate any real support. Lambert wants a throbbing BBE by selling it out. I say we should back him. Maybe that even means moving other people from the JW or Riverside but as far as I'm concerned we have a split/diluted set of fans behind each goal and this needs to be addressed.

And sambo, you are not able to stand freely in any part of the ground...

You can stand freely though - like in away sections, everyone else stands up and I'm not inconveniencing anybody by standing up.

If I had to sit (rather than stand) in the Blackburn End, there's no way I'd get a season ticket in there. I'd join other Darwen Enders and stand elsewhere.

I like that Lambert is trying to tackle it, but it needs to be a bit more inventively.

You can stand freely though - like in away sections, everyone else stands up and I'm not inconveniencing anybody by standing up.

If I had to sit (rather than stand) in the Blackburn End, there's no way I'd get a season ticket in there. I'd join other Darwen Enders and stand elsewhere.

I like that Lambert is trying to tackle it, but it needs to be a bit more inventively.

Somebody is turning a blind eye to it, probably because of the away fans always standing. But the club could be fined because of it.

Somebody is turning a blind eye to it, probably because of the away fans always standing. But the club could be fined because of it.

If Rovers were fined, pretty much every other club would be fined - it happens at every single ground up and down the country.

• Backroom

Hopefully this won't be taken the wrong way by anybody, but if the Darwen Enders don't want to move then that should be the end of it surely!

Only if they own the stand surely?

As you said it isn't happening but it should, along with other options be considered. Maybe there isn't a solution and I imagine nothing will change anytime.

• Backroom

Nothing to do with owning the stand.... but why upset/inconvenience upto 1,000 of the loyal supporters that haven't jumped ship like 10,000 others have?

Because the team will benefit (in theory).

I dont get this "darwen enders" crap, seriously how long have home fans been able to buy season tickets for that end, im sure its less than 10 years yet they bang on like theyve been sitting/standing there all their lives and its a long tradition.

Im bet its the brag/whatever they're called now cronies that are pulling the strings in that end

I dont get this "darwen enders" crap, seriously how long have home fans been able to buy season tkickets for that end, im sure its less than 10 years yet they bang on like theyve been sitting/standing there all their lives and its a long tradition

It's been 7 years I think, but it was possible for the majority of the 1990s as well I think. It's more to do with the decline of the BBE that started in the 2000's - people wouldn't have moved/there wouldn't have been a need if the BBE was what it had been in the past.

• Backroom

and at the other end you would have 200 MK Dons fans on a Tuesday night in a 8,000 seat stand. Better to have Rovers fans in there when we are attacking that goal imo

To me, that's exactly the point. Imagine the psychological blow to the away side, either attacking a wall of Rovers or a smattering of their precious few.

Better still, shove them upstairs with an assortment of Rovers flags and banners below.

To me, that's exactly the point. Imagine the psychological blow to the away side, either attacking a wall of Rovers or a smattering of their precious few.

Better still, shove them upstairs with an assortment of Rovers flags and banners below.

absolutely, totally agree

That is the aim.

No it doesn't start with us Stuart far from it.

The fans need to see a side on the up, a team going places, if Lambert can achieve this goal the fans will come back and the atmosphere will improve, its very simple, we're no different to any other set of supporters in the country.

Lambert needs to tread carefully though, I feel its a bit early in his tenure to be telling the fans how to support the club, even if he means well. I dread to think of the backlash had 20k home fans done what he asked and turned out for the Wham game and watched his under strength team toil for 90 minutes and get hammered.

Give us a decent side to support and the fans will be back, both in numbers and vocally

Alan Myers confirmed this week that there are no plans to close the Darwen End and rightly so.

pretty much confirms to me my earlier thoughts regarding brag,

all that bunch have ever done is divide the fan base(even though they may do it inadvertently they still do it)

Archived