BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn End

80% of chants are about Bumley eg "What do you think of Bumley?........" and away from home even worse.

That's one reason I support a Drummer cos its simpler chants and pro-Rovers.

A(more) successful team and 50% of the problem would be flushed away.

And we need more youth/local players - who can ever forget Phil Jones effect on the crowd in his first game!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

80% of chants are about Bumley eg "What do you think of Bumley?........" and away from home even worse.

That's one reason I support a Drummer cos its simpler chants and pro-Rovers.

A(more) successful team and 50% of the problem would be flushed away.

And we need more youth/local players - who can ever forget Phil Jones effect on the crowd in his first game!

Indeed! Those 3 tackles in quick succession to Drogba, Anelka, and Lampard. Great debut, second only to Emerton's.

I am indeed but mass vomitting aye ok .

On a side note .. Why are the off topic posts not being deleted ? It's ok to post vomit stuff off topic but woe be tied anyone who asks a venky employee something. :):);) just saying

• Moderation Lead

That's not true at all Abbey. It's already all been explained, not quite sure why it's being brought up again to be honest.

Whoops, another thread off topic ;-)

Why even have a designated "family stand" its just the same as anywhere else and adults can buy single tickets up there.

Kids probably would be less impressed by the Riverside though so certainly wouldn't move it there.

Can't say I ever cared about asking someone to scribble their name on a bit of paper.

the family stand originally was for all families with kids, home or away, and once you turned 16 they wouldn't sell you a ticket there. My elder son had to sit by himself in the jw upper when he turned 16 and my younger daughter found a friend to sit with her in the bbe lower when she turned 16. She hated it because in those days it wasn't a no smoking area - the only non smoking area was the family stand. Nowadays that's not the same problem as it was before. Personally I just hate being in a crowd. I buy theatre tickets on the aisle and move if anyone sits next to me in the cinema. I get panicky in crowds and sitting in the family stand means I get more space than if I had to move to another stand. I don't like watching from the side so the jw isn't really an option.

I really find it hard to watch a game from the ends to be honest. One of reasons why at away games i always find it hard to see what's fully going on.

Give me centre(almost) back of the riverside over any part of the ground! Home.

the family stand originally was for all families with kids, home or away, and once you turned 16 they wouldn't sell you a ticket there. My elder son had to sit by himself in the jw upper when he turned 16 and my younger daughter found a friend to sit with her in the bbe lower when she turned 16. She hated it because in those days it wasn't a no smoking area - the only non smoking area was the family stand. Nowadays that's not the same problem as it was before. Personally I just hate being in a crowd. I buy theatre tickets on the aisle and move if anyone sits next to me in the cinema. I get panicky in crowds and sitting in the family stand means I get more space than if I had to move to another stand. I don't like watching from the side so the jw isn't really an option.

Yes I remember. Anyone recall which season that changed?

I also like space and an end seat got social anxiety too. Made an exception for the 3 game series (and Fulham when someone was sitting in my seat anyway) couldn't buy those online.

I know of a couple who have been in the family stand for since it opened ,the club let them stay even when their kids where over 16 only thing they asked was if it got full with family season tickets they would move to another area

Here is the Dortmund Home end signing you'll never walk alone after a fan passed away in the 1st half due to a heart attack

They then went onto pay tribute to the fan singing "You'll Never Walk Alone." #BVB https://t.co/b7ZiVbeivZ

IMO, this is what Rovers/Lambert wants Ewood Park to be like espically the Blackburn end

Here is the Dortmund Home end signing you'll never walk alone after a fan passed away in the 1st half due to a heart attack

They then went onto pay tribute to the fan singing "You'll Never Walk Alone." #BVB https://t.co/b7ZiVbeivZ

IMO, this is what Rovers/Lambert wants Ewood Park to be like espically the Blackburn end

Imo as in in my opinion because he's publically come out and said it? Unfortunately it wasn't like that when we won the league, it won't ever be like that.

Chaddy, I know you meant well but that is in very poor taste.

It's also pretty stupid to compare Ewood to Westfallonstadion. 10,000 Rovers fans compared to 80,000 Dortmund fans.

I know of a couple who have been in the family stand for since it opened ,the club let them stay even when their kids where over 16 only thing they asked was if it got full with family season tickets they would move to another area

my husband and I have never moved out either

Can you not see the backwards logic in this?

I would argue that advocating the closure of the Darwen End to fill the Blackburn End is backwards logic.

Surely the aim should be to get more fans in the Blackburn End and at the same time get more fans in the Darwen End?

How is this achieved?

- As I've said on another thread replicate Huddersfield and charge £170 in these areas for adult season tickets. Kids should be a nominal charge.

- Myers should launch some sort of initiative to sell season tickets, namely the last 5 years have been awful, but we are all firing in the right direction, we are going to give this a "right good go" (that phrase again) and we need the fans!

- Venkys need to financially back Lambert in the summer. A couple of eye catching signings will demonstrate a real statement of intent.

- Rovers need a decent finish to the season.

Surely a combination of these factors can result in another 4000 or so season ticket sales? Sam Allardyce wanted fans in the Darwen End as he believed giving it all to the away fans created a disadvantage. I still agree with this.

I am sick of reading negative suggestions such as closing the Darwen End, or putting flags on empty seats.

Chaddy, I know you meant well but that is in very poor taste.

It's also pretty stupid to compare Ewood to Westfallonstadion. 10,000 Rovers fans compared to 80,000 Dortmund fans.

My point is Rovers fans should be trying to create a good atmosphere within Ewood Park.

Hopefully Rovers get more fans coming through the gate and start getting behind Lambert and the team. IMO, prices are cheap enough this season and hopefully they remain roughly the same.

I also think its great that the way acted after a fan pass away during the game

Why even have a designated "family stand" its just the same as anywhere else and adults can buy single tickets up there.

Kids probably would be less impressed by the Riverside though so certainly wouldn't move it there.

Can't say I ever cared about asking someone to scribble their name on a bit of paper.

I agree, the "family stand" idea is now pretty pointless, im surethat initially the main benefit of the family stand was that it was non-smoking, but now everywhere's non smoking what's the point.

i think the darwen enders would be better suited in the jw lower.outer tier(close enough to the away fans to get at them and also closer to the dugout to get at them when we need a kick up the arse) The club needs to lower the tkt prices for the jw outer tiers so that they are the same price as the riverside & darwen end

My point is Rovers fans should be trying to create a good atmosphere within Ewood Park.

Hopefully Rovers get more fans coming through the gate and start getting behind Lambert and the team. IMO, prices are cheap enough this season and hopefully they remain roughly the same.

I also think its great that the way acted after a fan pass away during the game

I'd had hoped for a retraction chaddy so that's poor again from you.

What you saw at Dortmund was not a 'good atmosphere' for Rovers fans to aspire to, it was a spontaneous response to a tragic event.

Responding to your actual point sandwiched between inappropriate tasteless ones...

I highly doubt that simply freezing this season's prices (whilst a good deal) will bring the crowds rushing back. Possibly a modest increase with new fans coming of age and current ones dropping out through natural attrition. I'm more inclined to go with the other suggestion of £170 season tickets. The only problem is that it does devalue the product and relies on getting to the PL sooner rather than later to mask the losses.

• Moderation Lead

As much as I understand what people are saying re dropping the prices, I definitely think it devalues the product though. Tickets are cheap enough as it is and if we want the club to get anywhere we need to bring more money in! I saw another post about the JW upper prices being the same as other areas which I don't think is right! Views from there are the best in the ground.

When home fans from the DE have moved to the JW lower that has been good for atmosphere and the banter etc. That's always sparsely populated otherwise.

Archived