BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brentford Away 19.03.2016

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hardly vitriolic Stuart. And if Rhodes wasn't relevant you ahouldn't have raised him.

As for your last point, he may well stay as top-scorer but if the goals are shared around more why should anyone care?

Hardly vitriolic Stuart. And if Rhodes wasn't relevant you ahouldn't have raised him.

As for your last point, he may well stay as top-scorer but if the goals are shared around more why should anyone care?

What are you on about? You butted in when the discussion was goalscoring as a flair. He was perfectly relevant to the point. You've then turned a tongue in cheek comment into a petty point scoring attempt. I didn't even mention his name - which was the joke!

You mean in the flesh or on TV Al ? In my world nobody is beyond constructive criticism. I don't have blue and white eyes, I find they get in the way of objectivity. I started out when De Stefano and Puskas ruled the TV. From what I saw then and later on both were better. There's been lots better over the years since then.

Both, Of course Shearer was mostly in the flesh and the foreign ones on TV. The trouble with seeing the foreign ones on TV is that you mainly see highlights and therefore only their best bits which gives you an augmented idea of their ability. At Rovers we saw Shearer warts and all which is why I say that he was the best centre forward I have seen and I have been watching football for 68 years.

What are you on about? You butted in when the discussion was goalscoring as a flair. He was perfectly relevant to the point. You've then turned a tongue in cheek comment into a petty point scoring attempt. I didn't even mention his name - which was the joke!

So, if I make a comment, I'm "butting in"! On a Message Board???

You mentioned Rhodes, I responded, nothing petty about it.

If its all a joke, why throw in that you expect him to be top goal scorer? Or is that a joke?

I usually like your posts Stuart but I've heard enough about the non-scoring Rhodes to last a lifetime.

If you don't mention him,I happily won't.

Both, Of course Shearer was mostly in the flesh and the foreign ones on TV. The trouble with seeing the foreign ones on TV is that you mainly see highlights and therefore only their best bits which gives you an augmented idea of their ability. At Rovers we saw Shearer warts and all which is why I say that he was the best centre forward I have seen and I have been watching football for 68 years.

Don't think it was fair to say I criticised him for not being an exceptional dribbler like original Ronaldo. If I called you a useless rocket scientist would you take that as criticism?

Certainly I've had issues with Shearer in the past and still do. He's an exceptional case though so never really was an advocate of booing him. I have also expressed my opinion that he would be a lousy manager.

If its all a joke, why throw in that you expect him to be top goal scorer? Or is that a joke?

I usually like your posts Stuart but I've heard enough about the non-scoring Rhodes to last a lifetime.

The irony is that you've mentioned him (twice) and I've not mentioned him at all. :)

Let's just see if we are scoring more (or even as many) goals without him as we did with.

Non scoring Rhodes ?

Think you have mistaken him for the prolific Brown

The irony is that you've mentioned him (twice) and I've not mentioned him at all. :)

Let's just see if we are scoring more (or even as many) goals without him as we did with.

You haven't mentioned him at all!! Right! Who's "him" then?

You're a bit tetchy today Stuart, I'll leave it there.

You not been watching since he left Stuart?

We regularly had the debate when he'd been absent again, with his fans arguing that he didn't get any service. Well now we've got a centre forward who actually gives service to his teammates. Because of that the huge gap between the front players and midfield has disappeared and were now dominating (not every game because we're not Barcelona yet) possession. I'm pretty sure we have scored more goals without him, than we were doing with him. The argument from his supporters was that we wouldn't score goals without him, which is what 47er put to you. The proof is right in front of your eyes. We now have a proper centre forward who plays for his teammates. In Graham we have got a better footballer than Rhodes will ever be and he's available for free. We've got a player who leads from the front and who makes us into a much, much better side. And before you say that we should be playing Rhodes alongside him, managers know Jordan Rhodes restricts performances. How much more evidence do you want than seeing how we've improved since we replaced him with Graham?

Apart from his Uncle, every other manager knows that's the case.

Non scoring Rhodes ?

Think you have mistaken him for the prolific Brown

I'm no fan of Brown's talents Abbey but at least he always gives his all.

The goals of that player I'm not allowed to mention had dried up and still have. He's gone because he wanted to and I'm looking forward to a real partnership between Watt and Graham.

I'm no fan of Brown's talents Abbey but at least he always gives his all.

The goals of that player I'm not allowed to mention had dried up and still have. He's gone because he wanted to and I'm looking forward to a real partnership between Watt and Graham.

You're not allowed to mention - ha!

And you've summed up our difference of opinion nicely. Defending the indefensible Brown while somebody who actually contributed where it mattered is dismissed.

It's worth pointing out that Brown's goals have long since dried up too and Brown's Rovers' goals aren't even a thing. But still at least he tries hard. Bless.

It must be a tad tough being one if those who insisted till blue in the face that we wouldn't score any goals once Rhodes left, to see us scoring just as many, if not more, now the 'superstar' has gone. Who would have thought? Apart from loads on here of course.

Shearer had tons of flair. He was so skillful he made it look easy. Hence the less informed thinking he was workmanlike. And as he proved time and time again, if you can shoot like he could, simply shift it and hit it. I wouldn't have swapped him for anyone, including Ronaldo.

Brilliant result at Brentford with 10 men.

You're not allowed to mention - ha!

And you've summed up our difference of opinion nicely. Defending the indefensible Brown while somebody who actually contributed where it mattered is dismissed.

It's worth pointing out that Brown's goals have long since dried up too and Brown's Rovers' goals aren't even a thing. But still at least he tries hard. Bless.

Poor post Stuart. I'm no fan of Brown as I said.

You should ask yourself why Watt was playing for his country this week and your man wasn't.

See, I've not mentioned him again!

Poor post Stuart. I'm no fan of Brown as I said.

You should ask yourself why Watt was playing for his country this week and your man wasn't.

See, I've not mentioned him again!

Because Strachan doesn't like him? Because he's not Scottish? Because they don't need goals to qualify for the Euros? Oh wait, that's right Strachan's Scotland didn't qualify.

He's a confidence player and he's pretty much had it knocked out of him. I feel a bit sorry for the lad. Except when I look at his pay check.

And I didn't say you were a Brown fan just that you were defending him. By all means tell me that Danny Graham is a better forward (not goalscorer) but don't tell me that you'd rather have Brown because he's a tryer.

Well I added it up as the team got 24 goals in the 25 league games he played in this season (0.96 goals per game). There have been 13 goals for us in the 11 games since he left (1.18 goals per game). Thoughts?

Don't think it was fair to say I criticised him for not being an exceptional dribbler like original Ronaldo. If I called you a useless rocket scientist would you take that as criticism?

Certainly I've had issues with Shearer in the past and still do. He's an exceptional case though so never really was an advocate of booing him. I have also expressed my opinion that he would be a lousy manager.

How many matches did you attend that Ronaldo featured in? I would contend that if you did not see at least ten full matches you are not qualified to compare him to Shearer. Highlights don't do it.

And I didn't say you were a Brown fan just that you were defending him. By all means tell me that Danny Graham is a better forward (not goalscorer) but don't tell me that you'd rather have Brown because he's a tryer.

As you know, I never said that at all.

Well I added it up as the team got 24 goals in the 25 league games he played in this season (0.96 goals per game). There have been 13 goals for us in the 11 games since he left (1.18 goals per game). Thoughts?

Things are going the right way!

Archived