BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brentford Away 19.03.2016

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That goal made a pretty drab affair until then worthwhile (also, shout out to the fan some 3 rows above my group whose constant, and I mean constant, shouting/singing really added to the atmosphere. Hilarious).

Might've been a case of Brentford being more poor at home than Rovers being poor away. Lots of hoofball going on, which pretty much took Jordi Gomez out of the game. He was anonymous and didn't help himself, but seemed like we were playing a style more suited for a simple 4-4-2.

Graham battled for a lot of headers, though didn't make much of the balls lobbed at him. Seems he can get into battles with the referee more than the defenders around him. Either way, I think he set the stage for Watt's entrance nicely.

Duffy was excellent all game and truly class finish. Hanley seemed a little rough today. Was surprised at his sending off, but I guess it was one going by the book and he just happened to have already picked up a chintzy yellow. Spurr almost got turned around one too many times for my liking. Akpan, Bennett... nothing going on with either all game really. Lenihan was an excellent destroyer DM, though not much offensive acumen in that lad of which I could tell.

Conway made some attempts at runs... but I'm starting to worry he's lost a step. Doesn't get separation like he used to.

The team was pretty anonymous overall, which wasn't necessarily a bad idea in a drab away match. Would've been okay with a 0-0, especially after the sending off, but that goal as just a great, great moment.

Superb scrappy win love it! Cracking crowd jump as well.

Nice to relax a bit as we look pretty much safe in lower mid table.

I'd like to get a few reports from the game, Radio Rovers not happy about the Gomez non performance. Not sure what is happening there.

Watt did great to bring it down and sensible pass for the goal.

Roll on Preston, really really want to beat that lot...

• Backroom

Hanley seemed a little rough today. Was surprised at his sending off, but I guess it was one going by the book and he just happened to have already picked up a chintzy yellow.

He struggled on Tuesday as well. Might do him good to have a game out to rest and regroup. He's had an excellent season so far.

Watt certainly has a bit of quality when it's tight in the box, the lad needs to keep playing.

If Norwich get relegated it wouldn't surprise me if they retain him, they can probably offer him a very nice deal for an extra year.

Adam AND Hoolahan would be unreal... Top 6 for sure.

Poor game but a very solid performance. Lenihan, Marshall and Graham were all decent. Never felt confident when Spurr got near the ball but Brentford never really looked like scoring. Good atmosphere and it hit the roof when Duffy scored. Great piece of play by Watt to set it up.

A win 1-0 away from home with 10 men. Can't complain. Good day out.

Fell asleep for the second half! What a great result to wake up to! You have to love Duffy's passion. Not seen a celebration like that for a long time. Hope that he and Hanley have another year together in blue and white.

Well dobe rovers.

Now for abeer or 3 and some froggy bashing.

Is that Hanley playing number 3 for France?

Well, Ive been driving around today. Only managed to log on to the MB just as Hanley was sent off, so left it at that! So only just catching up.

Sounded like a poor performance but a good result, which you would take all day long at this stage of the season and a much needed nudge up the table.

A clever but simple lay off from Watt and a great finish from Duffy. So Old Ten Bob Head has a left foot on him, nice! And what a celebration, mutual passion like that (and Burnley away) from players and supporters will have a galvanising effect. Looked like a decent following as well. Hats off to the travelling Blues :tu:

One question, were Venkys at the game?

Did anyone who went to the game please give us a summary of the game

Who was Rovers best players today?

Did Rovers improve after Hanley was sent off?

Scrappy, poor first half. both teams looked like they had no confidence.

Gomez looked awful today but today wasn't the type of game where he can do his thing. Im still bemused as to how Akpan made it to the level he has, when Lowe is fit he will be straight in the team for H.A. IMO.

Conway looks very rusty. continuously gave the ball away and didnt have the beating of a single brentford man. He got the ball in a good position in the second half and tried to play a long back pass to Marshall and nearly cost a goal which summed up his game.

Graham battled all game and gave a hell of a fight to their defence, good game from him. he tired late on but one of the better performances.

Bennet played well, good energy. Got up and down well and played some good football. Good player at this level.

Watt was impressive when he came on and you can see his class, really need to make his move permanent in the summer. Has a good nasty streak about him too which you would never have got from rhodes which was shown by him tripping their player deep into injury time to stop him running at the rovers defence. Him and Graham will be a 30 goal a season partnership if we can get a good midfield next season.

All in all it was a poor game that we didnt deserve to win. Neither team did. The ref seemed like his was on commission to give out yellows to rovers players so it was brilliant to grab a winner when down to 10 men playing against 12.

Did anyone notice if the Venks were there today. I couldn't see anyone from where i was sitting but id be surprised if they sat out in that cold all game.

There are still too many Average Joes in the team.

Someone like Conway has had his day. There's a reason he's never played in the Premier League.

I hope thats not true, on his day he can be a good winger but has gone off the boil recently. I trust Lamberts judgement to give him a new contract. Could jus be me being glass half full.

As usual some downright embarrassing in-play comments on here! Terrific win today under the circumstances, well done Rovers!

Hilarious to read the comments immediately before Duffy scored and immediately after! One more win will do it but I think we are safe now really.

Colin (I can't stand him) has done great things with Rotherham it has to be said.

Archived