BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brentford Away 19.03.2016

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm, tricky one. On paper I think we should edge it, but we can't seem to buy a win on the road. I'm hoping for a reaction after the last couple of games and I can see goals. I predict there'll be some goals in this game.

Oh yes, call me the mystic one.

I am of course jubilant about our brilliant victory.

I am also thoroughly sick of Lambert's approach away from home.

With the possible exception of the Burnley game, we haven't played well in a single away game since the arrival of our management team.

We don't appear to have gone into any away fixture with the definite intention of really going for it.

I believe a more positive approach would have produced at least 6 more away points as our quality-lite, long ball, don't lose philosophy has abjectly failed to reap sufficient rewards.

I know we haven't had the personnel to play the same team every week but we could have chosen to play more of a passing, on the deck, patient style, rather than the aimless, clearing, punt it up approach.

Yes, I know, bad timing, but facts are facts, just ask the poor souls that have been to all 14 or 15 games.

Right, back to my celebrations.

Woo-hoo! Dufffffyyyyy!!!!

Preston game will be a cracker, esp without our captain.

COYB.

• Backroom

One Shane Duffy! there's only one Shane Duffy! Come on JAL, sing along!

Oh mate... No cash out?

'Suspended' when I tried :/ gutted.

At least we won, mind :) would be worse being let down by Rovers!

'Suspended' when I tried :/ gutted.

At least we won, mind :) would be worse being let down by Rovers!

Sneaky. It really does my nut in when they suspend it, you should be able to cash out at any point whilst the ball is in play... When they suspend it in the last few minutes is infuriating. Needed Wolves to score again for £100 myself.

I am of course jubilant about our brilliant victory.

I am also thoroughly sick of Lambert's approach away from home.

With the possible exception of the Burnley game, we haven't played well in a single away game since the arrival of our management team.

We don't appear to have gone into any away fixture with the definite intention of really going for it.

I believe a more positive approach would have produced at least 6 more away points as our quality-lite, long ball, don't lose philosophy has abjectly failed to reap sufficient rewards.

I know we haven't had the personnel to play the same team every week but we could have chosen to play more of a passing, on the deck, patient style, rather than the aimless, clearing, punt it up approach.

Yes, I know, bad timing, but facts are facts, just ask the poor souls that have been to all 14 or 15 games.

Right, back to my celebrations.

Woo-hoo! Dufffffyyyyy!!!!

Preston game will be a cracker, esp without our captain.

COYB.

We didn't play well at boro?And although not brilliant we won and deserved to win at Preston?Nearly everyone on here concedes that we need a rebuild of the squad..we can't expect Lambert to work a miracle.Next season when he has his own player's will be the time to judge.I'm confident with backing Lambert will get us challenging for the play offs.The signs are positive,we don't have good enough players to steam roll teams away from home

Be nice to get a top half finish this season, shame QPR drew because finishing above Preston would be nice. At least the game against them now will be a game will give us something a little more to play for.

I would've had £1215 off £1 if the Burnley @#/?s had held on :'(

Tough one to take - such is football's unpredictability.

Buy a Lotto ticket tonight - fate works in surprising and mysterious ways !

• Backroom

Indeed he did. I wonder what's up with him? He's been a passenger in recent games that I've listened to.

We may be seeing why he can't get a game at Sunderland and why there wasn't any major competition for his signature in January. We desperately need a creative player and he's had his moments, but over the course of the season I'm not sure we can afford a luxury player in the salary bracket Gomez will likely be a part of.

Archived