BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers And Burnley Fans On Judge Rinder!

I have just seen a video on Facebook of this. Absolutely hilarious. It was posted yesterday so I can only assume it is recent and has only been broadcast for the first time.

For those who are unaware Judge Rinder is the British equivalent of Judge Judy. Rovers fans have tried to sue a Burnley fan who is a cake maker. Rovers fans wanted a Rovers birthday cake. Burnley fan delivered a shell of a Rovers cake but did the inside filling in claret and blue as a prank! Rovers fan was quite rightly appalled! Judge Rinder dismissed the claim and described it as the stupidest case he has ever dealt with!

I haven't got a link to the video - you have to watch it to believe it.

It is funny. The two clips I saw didn't get to the verdict but I'm guessing that they lost any legal argument when they didn't specify the requirements for inside the cake. Although I'd have argued that 'sponge' cake is a very traditional colour and would always be the familiar yellow colour.

The only downside it's that it creates another Bumley legend and means to have a poke but, ignoring my personal tribalism for a second, I thought it was a great prank.

The outside of the cake wasn't of a great standard though. Accurate but messy. I'm not convinced there was every any real suing going on though despite educating the Jeremy Kyle watchers about how the law works - it's a mock up court, no?

• Moderation Lead

The whole thing was in the LT a while back, surprised anyone would be daft enough to seek to embarrass themselves on national TV with it like....

It was in the local press just after it happened.It's the last case on, you might have to set up an account and not available outside UK.

http://www.itv.com/hub/judge-rinder/2a3290a0119

I've just read it was in the local press last year. Is that the first time it has been broadcast on Rinder or is it a repeat?

He's not actually a judge (he's an ex-barrister) and it's not a real court. The "contestants" sign an agreement beforehand to say they will go with Robert Rinder's decision.

A lot of people don't realize that all of the judgements on Judge Judy are covered by the show, on top of the appearance fee people get for going on there. So the whole thing's effectively pointless.

A lot of people don't realize that all of the judgements on Judge Judy are covered by the show, on top of the appearance fee people get for going on there. So the whole thing's effectively pointless.

Thanks for pointing that out I'd forgot about that. All the judgements on Rinder are covered by the show, not the defendants. So like Amarillo said about JJ, it's pointless. And when you see them ranting afterwards about having to pay such and such it's all staged BS.

Been done before. There was a Celtic Rangers equivalent of this all over the Scottish press a few weeks back. Presumably programme is for entertainment and the whole thing is just made up then.

The Burnley/Rovers trick preceded the Rangers/Celtic one by a good few months mate.

Archived