BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Your Final Straw?

Good point. That being said, should it not be possible to work out the minimum number of midweek games?

Let's say a 9 month season. So there'd be 37 Saturday's give or take, meaning a minimum of 9 midweek games. Potentially 5 being away and 4 at home. Then factor in cup exits in round 2 (proper), displacing another 4 Saturday's, assume 2 of which affect home games? So up to 6. Then Sky who might show us twice (a Friday game and a lunchtime Saturday). So 7.

Early kick offs then. The local untelevised derbies (home only obviously due to police relationship with the club) so Preston, Wigan, equals 2. Big games (away followings) so Leeds, Villa, Sunderland or Newcastle. Total 6, including the random Sky lunchtime home showing (they rarely televised our away fixtures).

So next season could see, conservatively speaking:

10 Saturday 3pm games (9 if Bumley stay down)

6 or 7 Saturday 12:30 games

7 midweek Tues/Weds/Fri games

What a crap division. Plus the whim Sky and our local police budget. :(

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I struggle sometimes with midweek games but they have always been part and parcel of this league so it goes with the turf. Early kick offs are awkward as well so basically if they start with that caper regularly again next season they can shove it. That Leeds game was a farce with the half empty away end.. There's just no need for it apart from TV games and Bumley if they're still around.

I think I might have reached the final straw yesterday in terms of renewing my season ticket, if not in terms of attending matches. I went to Sale sharks today. Least supported premiership team, but they run free coaches from the Trafford Centre and back, have pre-match live entertainment, play decent rugby and won against bath today. They are unbeaten in the league at home so the fans get pleasure from home matches. You can drink in the stands. There is good humoured banter with the away teams subs who warm up in front of you, and it was a pleasure to be there. If I get a season ticket for anywhere next season I think it might be Sale

Close the club down and start again if the verminous scum still own the club next Christmas. Start a new club with Seneca and the fans trust in charge. Blackburn Rovers is nearly dead and there will be nothing left in 2 or 3 years.

It's drastic, and probably unpopular but would you rather have some say in matters or be eternally f--cked and left for dead by a gang in Pune.

Close the club down and start again if the verminous scum still own the club next Christmas. Start a new club with Seneca and the fans trust in charge. Blackburn Rovers is nearly dead and there will be nothing left in 2 or 3 years.

It's drastic, and probably unpopular but would you rather have some say in matters or be eternally f--cked and left for dead by a gang in Pune.

Better still,

terminate the lunes

Yes, but I don't want to advocate torture, murder or terrorism online. You can get into trouble for saying you'd like to cut off Barry White's face and turn it into a posing pouch. Or that you'd love to recreate the Hannibal Lecter escape scene with the other two.

That would be an outrageous thing to say.

Trouble is that we would be Wimbledon Mk2 (at best) or FCOM (at worst), starting literally at the bottom. Venkys would still have the Blackburn Rovers' football league share and we wouldn't qualify as a phoenix club.

Out of interest, what would you call this new team? Given the issues with Blackburn and the lack of supporters for our league club, with its massive stadium and very decent facilities, would you still maintain a Blackburn team or would you broaden your reach, say, to Lancashire...?

It may sound very drastic but we may end up further down the pyramid than we envisage at this moment possibly like Darlington who commendably are really on the track back through the divisions

Because of the huge financial deficit as it's already been stated if Venkys wipe the slate clean and give the club away we'd still need around 40 millions in running costs for the next two seasons alone to remain at this level then there's also the external debt to service

Archived