BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Your Final Straw?

• Backroom

With all due respect DE the first paragraph is absolute bunkum.

You look at what's happened previously to gauge how things will take shape in the future. For the most part it's been 100% accurate under Venkys, in Lamberts case the whole support were shocked.

So whilst I supported Bowyer, and realised he was never taking us up, I was happy for him to continue as I never thought we'd appoint anyone better.

So it's not as black and white as you make it sound.

You've just said you were only happy for him to continue because you didn't think we would get anybody better... which is exactly what my first paragraph says. By the bitter end it was that simple. There were plenty saying they wanted Bowyer gone and that even if we appointed worse it would be better to roll the dice than sleepwalk to guaranteed relegation under GB.

Am I saying Venky's would appoint another proven manager if Lambert left? No. I'd expect the opposite. My point was only that IF Venky's got the cash out again, experienced managers would be interested. Cash is the name of the game - why do you think talented footballers are playing in places like China or Dubai? It's certainly not for their reputations.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's really really not.

A trip down memory lane, but it really is. Still hasn't dawned on some that there are no "bowyer" supporters only Blackburn rovers fans. "Excuses" to be "clinged" to is "bunkum" , some just saw things differently.

A trip down memory lane, but it really is. Still hasn't dawned on some that there are no "bowyer" supporters only Blackburn rovers fans. "Excuses" to be "clinged" to is "bunkum" , some just saw things differently.

Here we go again. In the end, the only defence of Bowyer as Rovers manager was that we could not hope for better.

Not sure that 'clinged' is even a word by the way.

We only have to look at Bolton for the managerial situation as they managed to get a 'name' in with Lennon despite things not looking to rosey. No doubt they promised him things then he was very unhappy to find he had no real backing whatsoever once the ink was dry on his contract. They probably got him in hoping to get the best out of what they already had but the gamble didn't work.

I bet they've got some decent applicants applying now despite the prospect still they'll end up in admin sooner or later even under this new gang. I bet they end up with a decent appointment unless of course the new owners want a pal of theirs in.

We'll still attract a decent gaffer if Lambert walks, perish the thought, but we will. It would just depend whether the paymasters would ok it or not or as is likely return to some bland yes man cheap coach from somewhere.

We only have to look at Bolton for the managerial situation as they managed to get a 'name' in with Lennon despite things not looking to rosey. No doubt they promised him things then he was very unhappy to find he had no real backing whatsoever once the ink was dry on his contract. They probably got him in hoping to get the best out of what they already had but the gamble didn't work.

I bet they've got some decent applicants applying now despite the prospect still they'll end up in admin sooner or later even under this new gang. I bet they end up with a decent appointment unless of course the new owners want a pal of theirs in.

We'll still attract a decent gaffer if Lambert walks, perish the thought, but we will. It would just depend whether the paymasters would ok it or not or as is likely return to some bland yes man cheap coach from somewhere.

It really is so frustrating.

Yes man/cheap deal /coach = failure........ But we all knew that years ago.

Attract decent applications you mean. I'm surprised Villa have only had around 100 thought there would be far more chancers applying. Goodness knows how many there must have been sent directly to Venkys aside from the decent names. The Soccerdome coaches were probably sending their cvs in...

"Madame I work long hours, I'm talented at my job and most evidently I work well with skillful young players. Which is important."

Reportedly Bolton have had more than 50 applications for the manager job. No idea of the quality of course.

Attract decent applications you mean. I'm surprised Villa have only had around 100 thought there would be far more chancers applying. Goodness knows how many there must have been sent directly to Venkys aside from the decent names. The Soccerdome coaches were probably sending their cvs in...

"Madame I work long hours, I'm talented at my job and most evidently I work well with skillful young players. Which is important."

Decent applications for sure and out of those we'd be able to pick a decent one IF it that's what those selecting wanted. They won't though so lets pray it doesn't come to that again.

Anyway Irvine would be a shoe in and I doubt he'd say no if he had PL's blessing. Frightening thought.

Decent applications for sure and out of those we'd be able to pick a decent one IF it that's what those selecting wanted. They won't though so lets pray it doesn't come to that again.

Anyway Irvine would be a shoe in and I doubt he'd say no if he had PL's blessing. Frightening thought.

Not the most frightening as I said to you on twitter recently! :)

Can't say Irvine cared much about the reaction of West Brom fans.

It's really really not.

I don't really want to argue the point, it's gone now, but I was genuinely worried we'd get worse than Bowyer should he be sacked. That assumption was based on Venkys track record so far.

I myself was never using it as an excuse, others may have, but I didn't.

:rolleyes:

That's the internet though everyone gets to voice an opinion.

Maybe they should make Abbey first team coach as well. Though I will say this for Abbey he would never take money from Venkys. Unlike Dunn who predictably went right to the golden tap (no not a pub though he's been in so many I wouldn't be surprised if he's been in one called the golden tap) after Oldham kicked him out.

Seriously if they make Dunn manager I will walk out again. That would be more of an embarrassment than relegation to League 2.

Dunny for manager then. It's a small price to pay. :xmas:

I don't really want to argue the point, it's gone now, but I was genuinely worried we'd get worse than Bowyer should he be sacked. That assumption was based on Venkys track record so far.

I myself was never using it as an excuse, others may have, but I didn't.

I don't want to get involved with this but Stuart leaves no choice with such point scoring!

Excuses? Me neither. The thing is Gav, that Stuart and others are forgetting how many times it was pointed out that real changes in the way we are run would need to be made before we can move forward. That, regardless of who the manager is.

It's no coincidence that fans are on the brink of the meltdown again because of the owners. It's almost ironic that anyone who thought that the big problems would only be solved via new owners or a proper CEO, would be still described as "defending" or "excusing" bowyer"

I don't want to get involved with this but Stuart leaves no choice with such point scoring!

Excuses? Me neither. The thing is Gav, that Stuart and others are forgetting how many times it was pointed out that real changes in the way we are run would need to be made before we can move forward. That, regardless of who the manager is.

It's no coincidence that fans are on the brink of the meltdown again because of the owners. It's almost ironic that anyone who thought that the big problems would only be solved via new owners or a proper CEO, would be still described as "defending" or "excusing" bowyer"

Change history and move the goalposts all you like, Joe. You are simply perpetuating the cliché. The discussion was that "Venkys would not employ a better manager" as the last remaining reason for backing him. The "Venkys are idiots" argument is moot.

Good to see you taking the moral high ground and not point scoring or anything though. :rolleyes:

Venky's will be gone eventually.

Final straw for me after 50 years would be a change of club name, change of club strip and a change of ground name and/or move away from Ewood.

In fact, that's 3 straws

Final straw for me after 50 years would be a change of club name, change of club strip and a change of ground name and/or move away from Ewood.

In fact, that's 3 straws

Pretty big ones though. All three or just one of...?

In fact, that's 3 straws

If somebody offered 2/3 million a season to call it the Xcompany Ewood Park stadium, surely it wouldn't make any difference apart from money in the bank would it? Everybody that it mattered to would still refer to it as Ewood.

Might be a different train of thought if Ewood Park was not in the title though or dare I say had Venky's in it

I think I will wait till the fixture list is released.

If we have a significant number of home mid week matches, which I often miss for work reasons, then it will probably be the tipping point.

If there was actually any glimmer of hope, quality or application from the players then even missing games wouldn't be an influence. But there isn't, it's now becoming a chore to go. A 100 mile round trip for zero entertainment is getting wearisome even at weekends.

Picking matches on an ad hoc basis might make it seem a bit more special.

I think I will wait till the fixture list is released.

If we have a significant number of home mid week matches, which I often miss for work reasons, then it will probably be the tipping point.

If there was actually any glimmer of hope, quality or application from the players then even missing games wouldn't be an influence. But there isn't, it's now becoming a chore to go. A 100 mile round trip for zero entertainment is getting wearisome even at weekends.

Picking matches on an ad hoc basis might make it seem a bit more special.

I thought that the initial fixture list was all Saturdays and they were moved as the season progressed?

I thought that the initial fixture list was all Saturdays and they were moved as the season progressed?

There are a certain number of midweek games issued to all clubs with the initial fixture list. Usually you play the same clubs home and away in midweek. Thus this season the initial fixture list gave us Cardiff City, QPR, Derby, Birmingham and Nottingham Forest - home and away and Sheffield Wednesday away. Then television comes in a selects games and, of course, the Christmas fixtures will involve one or more midweek games. In the Championship the only free F.A. Cup date is the third round, if you progress beyond that Saturday League games are moved to midweek to accommodate Cup-ties.

Archived