BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Your Final Straw?

Understand all the other views, I knew quite a few fans that knocked it on the head in 2012 and all in all about 8000 had gone by August 2012.

'I'll be back when Kean goes' they said, the stats say not many did.

For whatever noble reason people decide to 'boycott', once folk get out of the habit of going it is fiendishly difficult to get them back.

For me, bad times are part of being a fan, if we do recover we have that badge of honour that says 'we were there', if we don't we can be at the vanguard starting a 'Phoenix club' or whatever it takes.

There has been many examples of good, traditional clubs being badly run, often with quite appalling owners and falling to the third or fourth tier, but they have all maintained a decent level of support- why should we abandon our life's passion?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Tough decision for me in summer

I'm convinced Lambert won't be here but I need some hope of support from the owners. The reaction to lander leaving will be interesting you would think Irvine or Johnson would be odds on.

Can't shake the feeling win or lose, stay up or go down what does it matter we're doomed as a club. A manager who probably wants out, talentless mercenaries "playing" week in week out, owners who are destroying the club slowly by being here but can destroy it quickly by leaving a fan base dying a death by 1000 cuts. We have no future, nothing to look forward to.

I still love the away day crack but can't be arsed with the drudgery of the 90 mins. As for home games forget it not interested.

Probably links to season ticket prices for me.

At the moment it's a no brainer as they are still a great price.

Should we have a 'significant' increase and were still a team in turmoil, and it felt like I was now beginning to have to pay for their mistakes, I may bail out.

I've reached final straw several times but it's the hope that kills me. I keep coming back. I didn't renew when relegation was followed not by Keans sacking but by his looking as solidly placed as ever, but I did renew when he left. I didn't renew at the start of this season but I started attending as soon as Bowyer went. What might push me over the edge this next year? I don't know. Perhaps the continued lack of any sensible structure at boardroom level because it seems to me that that threatens the club more than most things. I will wait and see what transpires. It will depend on a large number of things, including personal circumstances, likelihood of attending matches and so on and so forth.

I've reached final straw several times but it's the hope that kills me. I keep coming back. I didn't renew when relegation was followed not by Keans sacking but by his looking as solidly placed as ever, but I did renew when he left. I didn't renew at the start of this season but I started attending as soon as Bowyer went. What might push me over the edge this next year? I don't know. Perhaps the continued lack of any sensible structure at boardroom level because it seems to me that that threatens the club more than most things. I will wait and see what transpires. It will depend on a large number of things, including personal circumstances, likelihood of attending matches and so on and so forth.

Like looking in a mirror!

I'll tell you what threatens the club more than most things gumboots, other than the obvious crass idiocy / ignorance of our owners; it's no beggar going.

Which prospective new owners in their right might would ever give us a second glance with gates below 10k and our debts?

Yet we have "fans" on here patting themselves on the back for not going just in case Chris Brown is sat on the bench. Lets all hope the magic money pixie turns up and makes everything all better again for everyone. Failing that, another Jack Walker. Otherwise we're just back to the mid 80s and most Blackburn folk falling over each other in their zest to tell you how sh1t it all is and what a mug you are for turning up.

1 without question. I hope they stick with Lambert and give him the cash needed to turn it around, but whatever I'll renew home and away. After fifty odd years it's too much to contemplate not doing so.

I am getting back to that point of view.

I really struggled with anger and angst over SK, the V's, Shebby and relegation. We were shafted.

However a team is for life and I cannot, and will not, give up my support for the team I have loved and agonised over for many years.

So the ST will be bought and I expect a few more away games under the belt next season.....and it will continue for as long as I can get to games regardless of the league we are in.

1) because I love the Club.

Couldn't care less if Lambert is still manager or not, in fact at the moment I think I'd prefer it if he was replaced by another experienced older head. He's the one that's reduced us to Brown and Jackson as striking options.

Damn you Lambert for making Graham and Watt get injured!!

Damn you Lambert for making Graham and Watt get injured!!

Well someone was possiblyy at fault for Watt (either himself, the medics and possibly Lambert) and its about time that question was answered. Of course it partly depends on whether the clear warmup injury worsened after starting the game. Or it didn't do any significant further damage but just proved he shouldn't have started to begin with. Which is still a display of extreme incompetence/stupidity.

Does appear though that Watt didn't try to hide it as he signaled to the trainer.

6. I hold my hands up and admit I will be renewing out of habit and it's a time were all the family are together and that's a reason to go more than the football.

Since the buffoons have held the reins my love of football on the whole has severely diminished. I've always watched lots of football on TV and known what's going on across the divisions now I have very little idea, I now never watch any live football on TV except maybe England.

So thank you Venkys for ruining my love and passion for the game on the whole. I do understand why people stop going as well, I've found other things that don't stress me out to do at weekends now rather than away games and it is enjoyable. Lots of fans have now got out of the habit of going to matches and there isn't much on show to bring them back.

I'll tell you what threatens the club more than most things gumboots, other than the obvious crass idiocy / ignorance of our owners; it's no beggar going.

Which prospective new owners in their right might would ever give us a second glance with gates below 10k and our debts?

Yet we have "fans" on here patting themselves on the back for not going just in case Chris Brown is sat on the bench. Lets all hope the magic money pixie turns up and makes everything all better again for everyone. Failing that, another Jack Walker. Otherwise we're just back to the mid 80s and most Blackburn folk falling over each other in their zest to tell you how sh1t it all is and what a mug you are for turning up.

as I said, I keep coming back. I tell myself I won't. I tell myself it's a good idea just to walk away and forget all about it but I haven't managed it yet. There must be a combination of factors that will eventually keep me away for good if they all coincide but they haven't yet. That's why I'll wait and see. I can't say yet that I'll buy a season ticket. I can say with reasonable certainty that I'll be there at some matches next season.

For me it is 6 - need to get a job before I can commit to a season ticket.

Irrespective of what the owners have done - not turning up won't change who owns us - if anything it will just make them more reticent to continue to prop up the club. For some (not all) I fear that the Venky's are just an excuse for not going - far easier and cheaper to watch Man Utd, Arsenal etc on Sky - but still claim to be a true Rover's fan who would still attend if they hadn't ruined the club you love etc etc. Of course this fan would still attend when we play Liverpool in the FA Cup - but then disappear when we get back to the more mundane Rotherham's of this world (no disrespect to Rotherham). I am not necessarily calling those fans who no longer attend, it is after all a choice - I just wish some would be a little more honest about their reasons.

6. I hold my hands up and admit I will be renewing out of habit and it's a time were all the family are together and that's a reason to go more than the football.

Since the buffoons have held the reins my love of football on the whole has severely diminished. I've always watched lots of football on TV and known what's going on across the divisions now I have very little idea, I now never watch any live football on TV except maybe England.

So thank you Venkys for ruining my love and passion for the game on the whole. I do understand why people stop going as well, I've found other things that don't stress me out to do at weekends now rather than away games and it is enjoyable. Lots of fans have now got out of the habit of going to matches and there isn't much on show to bring them back.

I suppose football was my first love and it's one of the few constants that have stayed with me all my life. I've never watched so little football as I do now. When the World Cup was on in Mexico all those years ago I remember staying up while 2.00 am to watch England play live. Now I can't even be bothered flicking the remote to put our national team on my TV.

At this moment I still hold out some hope for Rovers but I don't really know why. The level of incompetence of our owners is truly staggering. You couldn't make it up could you. They won't invest because Lambert may bail out and Lambert may bail out because of their incompetence. Round and round and round we go again.

It's a wonder anybody buys a season ticket at all.

For me it is 6 - need to get a job before I can commit to a season ticket.

Irrespective of what the owners have done - not turning up won't change who owns us - if anything it will just make them more reticent to continue to prop up the club. For some (not all) I fear that the Venky's are just an excuse for not going - far easier and cheaper to watch Man Utd, Arsenal etc on Sky - but still claim to be a true Rover's fan who would still attend if they hadn't ruined the club you love etc etc. Of course this fan would still attend when we play Liverpool in the FA Cup - but then disappear when we get back to the more mundane Rotherham's of this world (no disrespect to Rotherham). I am not necessarily calling those fans who no longer attend, it is after all a choice - I just wish some would be a little more honest about their reasons.

Nah, wouldn't want to rob the super fans of their halos.

I don't think anything on this thread should be aimed at the deserters, part timers, fickle mob or the genuine boycotters. What we are talking about here is the loyal hardcore of us who've stuck with it whether it be every week or not and asking how much is enough ?

For me I can tolerate poor football, the odd dud manager and indifferent players a bit longer IF there is a genuine reason for it. What I'm sick to the back teeth of is the morons owning & running the show and their blatant disrespect of what it's all about, finances or no finances. If I stopped it would be about finally making a stand against these cretins.

Blackburn Rovers is a soulless vessel these days. There has to be a point to turning up every week and if the football is crap and your going nowhere then you console yourself with the loyalty of your support and doing your bit to help keep the club going. That's not even really the case here is it as they are keeping it going but don't seem to give a toss whether the ground is empty or not nor if the club sits in the lower reaches of the championship for the next decade it seems.

Archived