BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Glen Mullan's Blogs

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No it isn't. In that same vein the point of this blog isn't to become an iconic literary piece. It's an easy way for Glen to get the information out to as many people as possible clearly and therefore stopping the need to answer a million questions about what he knows.

I am more than sure that any approach to journalists has been and will be done in a far more professional way than a blog.

Well let's wait and see. The whole point of my concern is, as I made pretty explicitly clear the first time, is that no external sources might take anything seriously from a bloke who can't differentiate between "were" and "was."

A bit like saying you "was manager of Microsoft" on your CV.

It's basic common sense to get two/three people to validate something. It's not about wanting things not to be true, it's about trying to get more credibility for statements.

Sorry but I do not believe it. Glen has already said he kept the original message on his phone and he would not say WW was sitting next to him if he wasn't when this could be so easily denied. Glen is telling the truth, face it.

Nice of all his doubters to want to get proof for him though!

It's basic common sense to get two/three people to validate something. It's not about wanting things not to be true, it's about trying to get more credibility for statements.

I have to say this sort of comment is deeply irritating given the professionalism with which so many people have worked voluntarily on these matters.

Do you think Scudamore, the four local MPs, the Minister of Sport, the FA and innumerable journalists have held meetings and become involved on the basis of insubstantiated uncorroborated evidence?

You think you are being clever and superior posting stuff like that.

All I can say is either save your breath or do something practical and get involved.

Sorry but I do not believe it. Glen has already said he kept the original message on his phone and he would not say WW was sitting next to him if he wasn't when this could be so easily denied. Glen is telling the truth, face it.

Nice of all his doubters to want to get proof for him though!

He could tell you the moon was made of cheese and that would be enough for you.

It's all about getting the media/governing bodies to believe it, they will want more than Glen's word on it. It's a simple/basic concept.

Did our owner know of "the noise" all along?

The owner's advisor might have done.

It's all about getting the media/governing bodies to believe it, they will want more than Glen's word on it. It's a simple/basic concept.

No **** Sherlock.

We had never thought of that.

I have to say this sort of comment is deeply irritating given the professionalism with which so many people have worked voluntarily on these matters.

Do you think Scudamore, the four local MPs, the Minister of Sport, the FA and innumerable journalists have held meetings and become involved on the basis of insubstantiated uncorroborated evidence?

You think you are being clever and superior posting stuff like that.

All I can say is either save your breath or do something practical and get involved.

Cheers. I was responding to a comment about why someone was asking Wayne Wild on Twitter about the Jerome Anderson phone call, as he was supposed to be there as well. Which, i thought was a perfectly reasonable thing to do.

The owner's advisor might have done.

No **** Sherlock.

We had never thought of that.

Well maybe you can explain to 47er then, he hasn't grasped this concept.

Cheers. I was responding to a comment about why someone was asking Wayne Wild on Twitter about the Jerome Anderson phone call, as he was supposed to be there as well. Which, i thought was a perfectly reasonable thing to do.

It's a perfectly naive thing to do.

Right now, as we cannot find a single thing to unite the fanbase, there is a lot of politics going on.

It looks to me as though Glen has gone beyond the point where the information he has can actually deliver change - by itself - and is now putting out everything he has into the public domain. Maybe he hopes people will read and understand, maybe he's hoping to encourage somebody else to do similar, or maybe he has lost faith in his fellow fans and just finds it cathartic, Glen will have to say which. But Mr Wild isn't going to start getting into public discussion about the same. Certainly not at this stage but more likely not ever. They have very different approaches and styles. To expect a response is naive. To pose the question knowing there wouldn't be a response is mischievous.

Instead, the WAR group (aka the RoversTrust and co) are quietly planning - although there is every chance that their procrastinating day job constraints mean that the ship has sailed. Certainly the 18/75 protest is without any coordination - regardless of results this could have been gaining momentum and isn't (despite volunteers coming forward). A cynic might say that WAR have hoovered up all of the energy under the auspices of coordination when in reality they just don't have the time or resource but want to be seen as a figurehead. Let's hope the time they are taking will reveal a new, clever plan that hasn't been previously thought of.

We alreadyhave the very quiet and dignified Seneca - presumably keeping their powder dry as opposed to losing interest and moving on.

We have the RoversTrust who put out quarterly statements in response to fan feeling rather than driving any kind of agenda - at least not in public. I cannot see them having the credibility to join the club any time soon. On a minor note, the sharing of logos between the Trust and WAR is a big miss. If it is meant to signify something else then it's not obvious.

The Action Group and Friends who want to do something and are now under the umbrella of WAR and unless they break ranks are now waiting further direction. Poor Birdy who stuck his neck out and has had very little public backing must be quite pee'd off right now.

The RoversTrust should have been brokering between the groups to ensure everyone could contribute, all singing from the same hymn sheet and all facing the same way.

Meanwhile, the club suits are laughing their socks off, safe in the knowledge that they were right all along and their jobs are safe as houses. Fans only really care about results. Venkys can have no concerns about their plans being disrupted.

But, no, what's really important is to fact check Glen's published blogs. Not rumour, not hearsay, but published. Then once those fact are provided work can start on discrediting them as fake or somesuch.

We have two enemies here: Venkys and ourselves.

Well maybe you can explain to 47er then, he hasn't grasped this concept.

These type of comments annoy me, at what point have I said WW was present during the Jerome Anderson call? It's comments like this which turn a fact into total nonsense .

FYI the Anderson call was made public 18 months ago which I'm sure someone like Perth blue will validate as he has also heard the call

I assume the travel issue was with Paul Astley (not Paul Agnew) who used to run lots of away travel trips and most were very good. Paul passed away a few years ago. To be fair most seasoned fans would know this. However, if this is the case, it does bring in to question the validity of the leads which the AG were raising. Things like this damage any campaign as it leaves doubts, big doubts.

Leads ??? This was pointing to something non related to the meeting , and was more about humour and mistaken identity.

Regarding campaign , which campaign would this be??

For 5 years the Action Group have without doubt been the most consistent in fighting for the future of our club and have done so for free

These type of comments annoy me, at what point have I said WW was present during the Jerome Anderson call? It's comments like this which turn a fact into total nonsense .

FYI the Anderson call was made public 18 months ago which I'm sure someone like Perth blue will validate as he has also heard the call

No need I've heard the call.

Always thought it sounded like Jerome made it from his house.

Is there anyone else who can come on here and authenticate what you're saying? You implicate various people but, as far as I've seen, it's only you putting this stuff forward on here.

Clearly you're now at odds but will Wayne Wild come on here and admit he was sat next to you when 'those' texts were sent?

It's my blog, my eye witness story , you either believe it or not. At no point have I asked or implied that someone would verify what I write. I do wonder sometimes why I bother

Glen

Please ignore all the constructive criticism on here.

Just keep writing your blogs and get the info out there.

Just winds me up, you would think I get paid for sharing what I know

For 5 years people have been demanding that any information is shared.

So after trying all routes to get it out there , I decide the only option is to write a blog with things I have personally witnessed rather than put hear say out.

I have never claimed to be a writer, I'm a football supporter , nothing more , nothing less.

No wonder the club is still a mess, because those who try to do sonething about it are still getting the same grief today that they were getting 5 years ago.

As my blog highlights throughout the 10 parts to date , I should of walked away from this at day 1 as I genuinely have better things to do with my time

To Speedie Dived;

For a start it wasn't your argument, I directed my post to a specific post of JBizz. Please don't pretend you are trying to protect Glen or ensure that the media believe it all. It would go against all your previous posts on the whole issue of Venky ownership.

After the thousands of hours that guy has put in for the benefit of the rest of us its utterly embarrassing to see the likes of you and Bizz pretending you support him in his endeavours and hoping he can't validate his story.

JBizz trying to contact Wild to ask him to verify it? WTF?

What's your aim? To get Glen so Keaned off he thinks its not worth carrying on with it anymore? A great service to the club that would be eh? I say "the club" I don't mean the owners.

As no one told you , I just make these things up ?

Im going for a record of the most libel claims against one person

dont let the @#/?s grind you down pal

For a start it wasn't your argument, I directed my post to a specific post of JBizz. Please don't pretend you are trying to protect Glen or ensure that the media believe it all. After the thousands of hours that guy has put in for the benefit of the rest of us its utterly embarrassing to see the likes of you and Bizz pretending you support him in his endeavours and hoping he can't validate his story.

JBizz trying to contact Wild to ask him to verify it? WTF?

What's your aim? To get Glen so Keaned off he thinks its not worth carrying on with it anymore? A great service to the club that would be eh? I say "the club" I don't mean the owners.

wayne wild soon comes out and has a pop if you question him

And you continue to undermine. Why?

Someone asked how many views the blog has received ?

Each chapter has had views ranging from 2500 to 6300, which I think is quite good as its only really put out on twitter and BRFCS

Was me. Thanks Glen. Pretty good.

I think we should be getting links to it on other clubs forums.

Genuine footy fans will read and be shocked regardless what they think of Rovers.

You don't need to be a Utd fan to be interested in reading Alex Ferguson's book.

Links in comments sections on LT, Indian press, national press?

Make it accessible to more and more people.

If we have a big push on promoting your blogs online and you keep writing...

That is not my intention at all. I am asking valid questions and giving opinions on elements of the blog, as the info is highly interesting, staggering and if this gets to a wider audience it could get picked apart.

Why not just PM Glen if you have issues with the information rather than stir up a hornets nest? Most Rovers fans are clinging to anything that might help get rid of the Indians and in my opinion these blogs are grist to the mill.

Keep the information flowing Glen as for some of us it strengthens our resolve.

Archived