BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Glen Mullan's Blogs

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The credibility is as much in the content as it is with the grammar. I've read some blogs/columns/articles that have been excellently written but the content has left a lot to be desired. I couldn't care less if he scribbled it down on the back of a betting slip so long as I am receiving the information.

Glen isn't pretending it to be a masterpiece and isn't painting himself to be a literary genius. Let's move on from that.

The credibility is as much in the content as it is with the grammar. I've read some blogs/columns/articles that have been excellently written but the content has left a lot to be desired. I couldn't careless if he scribbled it down on the back of a betting slip so long as I am receiving the information.

Glen isn't pretending it to be a masterpiece and isn't painting himself to be a literary genius. Let's move on from that.

Nobody could care less whether or not you care less. That's not my point, is it?

Good work on the blogs Glen, keep it up.

Few questions on the last one:

- How did Agnew get to Director level if he was slagging the owners off a year earlier?

- When Agnew got to Director level, why did he suddenly turn against the fans and not want to clean up the club (being a "life-long fan")?

- How come Singh got away with being anti-Kean if he was appointed by the owners? Were they happy with Kean?

- Are there any really suspect team selections that Bilaji picked? (Apart from the obvious Edihno Junior playing upfront on his own vs Leicester)

I don't personally think that there is a massive issue with the way it is written (what's the issue with a couple of was and were in the wrong context?? This is a real person talking, not an automated ghost writer) . Above all, it's the story/facts that are important. Good on you for taking your time to do it Glen and thanks for lifting the lid.

Glen, just a quick thought...has anyone ever raised the potenial of doing a print on demand publication of your blog?

If as you say you have evidence backing up your claims then there shouldn't be any problem with legal claims against it (could do with double checking before it's printed though), there wouldn't be any costs that you'd have to pay up front (as people just log on to whatever print on demand website you choose to use and order it directly from them)...you can set the price for the publication yourself and then the website will take X amount from each copy to cover print costs and a little for themselves, and then the profit could be used to fund the protests or adverts in India?

I've never previously used print on demand services but know plenty of people who have, and the digital publication I edit is looking at potentially doing a print run using a pod service in future...it's a tool that's increasingly being used by self-publishers and is becoming a recognised publishing practice in its own right.

As I say, could be worth looking into as you could just spell check and then copy and paste it into the website and then your publication is good to go, so wouldn't take too much work. Would be happy to help out if people think it's worth doing!

Glen, just a quick thought...has anyone ever raised the potenial of doing a print on demand publication of your blog?

If as you say you have evidence backing up your claims then there shouldn't be any problem with legal claims against it (could do with double checking before it's printed though), there wouldn't be any costs that you'd have to pay up front (as people just log on to whatever print on demand website you choose to use and order it directly from them)...you can set the price for the publication yourself and then the website will take X amount from each copy to cover print costs and a little for themselves, and then the profit could be used to fund the protests or adverts in India?

I've never previously used print on demand services but know plenty of people who have, and the digital publication I edit is looking at potentially doing a print run using a pod service in future...it's a tool that's increasingly being used by self-publishers and is becoming a recognised publishing practice in its own right.

As I say, could be worth looking into as you could just spell check and then copy and paste it into the website and then your publication is good to go, so wouldn't take too much work. Would be happy to help out if people think it's worth doing!

Donate to view the blog is a good idea but may restrict things in terms of audience.

Nobody could care less whether or not you care less. That's not my point, is it?

No it isn't. In that same vein the point of this blog isn't to become an iconic literary piece. It's an easy way for Glen to get the information out to as many people as possible clearly and therefore stopping the need to answer a million questions about what he knows.

I am more than sure that any approach to journalists has been and will be done in a far more professional way than a blog.

- How did Agnew get to Director level if he was slagging the owners off a year earlier? There was a crescendo of noise

- When Agnew got to Director level, why did he suddenly turn against the fans and not want to clean up the club (being a "life-long fan")? It was the crescendo of his career

- Are there any really suspect team selections that Bilaji picked? (Apart from the obvious Edihno Junior playing upfront on his own vs Leicester) Some seriously odd performances

I'm not doubting the veracity of what's written in the blog post, but I don't get why the owners would both want to play Football Manager with the team as well as allowing agents to use it as a way to inflate the value of mediocre players. Surely it's one or the other?

• Backroom

Im not stupid enough to risk my business , home and assets by writing complete lies and bunkum. Come on give me some credit, I have nothing to gain by writing these memoirs, it would be much easier just to remain silent and live happily ever after.

Its good there is a mixed reaction, debate , this is what gets people thinking.

If anyone would like to copy and paste the blog articles , proof read them, tidy them up and email them back to me? Then feel free , I will gladly amend them

If you like Glen, you can email me your typings and I will proof-read them for spelling and grammar before you publish. Anything I can do to help :)

I'm not doubting the veracity of what's written in the blog post, but I don't get why the owners would both want to play Football Manager with the team as well as allowing agents to use it as a way to inflate the value of mediocre players. Surely it's one or the other?

I have no idea either.

Other people bet in places like this https://www.marathonbet.com/en/betting/Football/ and that is a legal one...

- How did Agnew get to Director level if he was slagging the owners off a year earlier? There was a crescendo of noise

- When Agnew got to Director level, why did he suddenly turn against the fans and not want to clean up the club (being a "life-long fan")? It was the crescendo of his career

- Are there any really suspect team selections that Bilaji picked? (Apart from the obvious Edihno Junior playing upfront on his own vs Leicester) Some seriously odd performances

Did our owner know of "the noise" all along?

Im not stupid enough to risk my business , home and assets by writing complete lies and bunkum. Come on give me some credit, I have nothing to gain by writing these memoirs, it would be much easier just to remain silent and live happily ever after.

Is there anyone else who can come on here and authenticate what you're saying? You implicate various people but, as far as I've seen, it's only you putting this stuff forward on here.

Clearly you're now at odds but will Wayne Wild come on here and admit he was sat next to you when 'those' texts were sent?

Is there anyone else who can come on here and authenticate what you're saying? You implicate various people but, as far as I've seen, it's only you putting this stuff forward on here.

Clearly you're now at odds but will Wayne Wild come on here and admit he was sat next to you when 'those' texts were sent?

I asked WW for clarification on Twitter, no answer as of yet.

I asked you a question and no answer.

Wasn't relevant to the thread. I want the same as you, a football club I can be proud of. Questioning the authenticity of these blogs makes no difference to that. Sorry for ignoring but I'm so used to people on the wind up that many decent questions might slip through.

I assume the travel issue was with Paul Astley (not Paul Agnew) who used to run lots of away travel trips and most were very good. Paul passed away a few years ago. To be fair most seasoned fans would know this. However, if this is the case, it does bring in to question the validity of the leads which the AG were raising. Things like this damage any campaign as it leaves doubts, big doubts.

I will happily authenticate the veracity of everything Glen writes about things I know and was present at. I have no reason whatsoever to doubt anything on these blogs and I believe there are more witnesses than just Wayne Wild to the event you are questioning.

Besides which texts are texts and form a permanent electronic record so there is a primary source- and before you ask- will not be divulged on here.

• Backroom

Glen do you know how many hits you are getting on the blogs?

Madon

Venkysout.com needs updating, only goes up to 7

This is a good portal to read the series.

How many hits is the site getting?

Just thinking if this can be published to a wider audience of football fans. The same people who read the back pages, listen to 606, watch SSN, who will all be concerned if betting controls our beloved game.

Imagine if in 10 years we discover Leicester won the title due to betting / fixing....

We all must know fans of other clubs

How about getting it linked onto other club's message boards?

Even if they hate rovers, football fans will read out of curiosity, will be shocked and start to think about their own clubs...

Stan Collymore

Robbie Savage

Indian press

Sorry, I've had a super busy week and unfortunately the website has been at the back of a list of 'to do'

I'll be adding the rest of the blog's later today.

I assume the travel issue was with Paul Astley (not Paul Agnew) who used to run lots of away travel trips and most were very good. Paul passed away a few years ago. To be fair most seasoned fans would know this. However, if this is the case, it does bring in to question the validity of the leads which the AG were raising. Things like this damage any campaign as it leaves doubts, big doubts.

There's no campaign to damage.

Glen has published these things in the public domain. If they are untrue or can't be proven they leave him open to legal action.

Others happily, and anonymously, do their best to undermine anything the guy says.

Anyway, protests are once again the 'enemy' in many eyes. Rovers have won back to back in the league so all is well. The goldfish-like memories of fans did exactly the same with Kean and with Bowyer: a couple of results and the clock is reset for another 6 weeks.

Meanwhile Venkys latest scheme - creating a job spec which limited the realistic applicants to one - is now in motion, with talk of yet more cost cutting. How does that - and their previous record - stack up with long-term success for Rovers?

Our upturn in form has coincided with the trawler-sized, recruitment net fluking Emnes. With the form he is in, will we be able to afford to compete to put an extended loan bid in? The very fact Venkys are bringing in Pasha says that they still aren't taking things seriously.

Archived