BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venkys To Buy Another Club?

From that article. Will suit venkys down to a tee:

"For Romanian football fans, it’s harrowing to have witnessed the fall from grace from the 1980s and mid-1990s to now. With decrepit, empty stadiums and a lack of talent on show, it’s almost impossible to attract younger fans as the best talent continues to leave the country at the earliest opportunity. The problems are compounded further by club’s having to use the money generated from player sales to simply survive. Signing players for significant sums is almost unheard of in Romania now."

I believe a lot of random Brazilians pop up in Eastern Europe, and their leagues are more or less owned by all sorts of dodgy 3rd party groups. The average wage for a player there is something like £300 p/m, so many players go to any European, Arab or Asian league to get a decent wage. Perhaps that could be an avenue to wash some dirty money, agents to get a few percent and all that sort of thing.

Dinamo Bucharest should be a good fit for that lot if you use their running (with the suspicions of wrong doings) of Rovers as the yardstick. In 1995 I was appointed as a match official on their UEFA Cup match with Trabzonspor. We were looked after by the son of the club president who was as shifty as anyone I ever met. In a nutshell the team of officials were, in the most unsubtle way offered bribes in the form of women. We politely declined and we reported this to the FA. I don't know what happened from there. We were told of all manner of corruption in the country and Dinamo are allegedly the team of the secret police and Steaua are the army team which we were told lead to both clubs getting away with pretty much what they wanted.

Dinamo Bucharest should be a good fit for that lot if you use their running (with the suspicions of wrong doings) of Rovers as the yardstick. In 1995 I was appointed as a match official on their UEFA Cup match with Trabzonspor. We were looked after by the son of the club president who was as shifty as anyone I ever met. In a nutshell the team of officials were, in the most unsubtle way offered bribes in the form of women. We politely declined and we reported this to the FA. I don't know what happened from there. We were told of all manner of corruption in the country and Dinamo are allegedly the team of the secret police and Steaua are the army team which we were told lead to both clubs getting away with pretty much what they wanted.

That's just right up this lot and their collection of scoundrels street. The only real bad advice they received when looking for a club was buy one in England.

That's where tantric, Kean oh and the trust come into it again as if it wasn't for those desperadoes the Cresendo/Venky partnership would surely have gone fo something else along the lines of Dinamo !

Dinamo Bucharest should be a good fit for that lot if you use their running (with the suspicions of wrong doings) of Rovers as the yardstick. In 1995 I was appointed as a match official on their UEFA Cup match with Trabzonspor. We were looked after by the son of the club president who was as shifty as anyone I ever met. In a nutshell the team of officials were, in the most unsubtle way offered bribes in the form of women.

How does one go about becoming a match official?

Without wanting to sound like a xenophobic brexit type, I think its fair to say the eastern european approach to 'football administration' is a little bit different to here.

Well..............maybe. Our corruption is much more polite and doesn't involve scary men knocking on your door or some sort of government minister running off with £400m of the country's budget.

Archived