BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venkys To Buy Another Club?

Could this be significant for us?

Building their football 'empire' or looking to offload us once they've bought another club?

Could be interpreted in 2 ways. The first is that they are completely undeterred by what has happened at Rovers and are pushing ahead with further expansion looking to grow their activities in football rather than end them. If they were bad when they only had Rovers to occupy them then I dread to think how bad they will be with another club on the go. In which case we are probably heading for non-league.

Alternatively they could be moving on to a different project having lost interest in Rovers and have thrown in the towel by shifting their attentions elsewhere and the need to fund another club could be the beginning of the end for their time at Rovers. They can then seamlessly shift their activities into another club before pulling out of Rovers.

If there's any truth to this I'd be banking on the former rather than the latter.

Could this be significant for us?

Building their football 'empire' or looking to offload us once they've bought another club?

They've spent 6 years perfecting their modus operandi and now they are ready to take on the world.

So instead of reinvesting what they've pilfered from Rovers they might go and buy another club with it ? Well if it means they're gone then good riddance they're welcome to it !

Would be the best end all round but sadly if it is them involved i think it'll be part of a wider scheme to maybe get cheap or suspiciously owned players in there then loan them over here to put value in them then flog them across Europe. Knowing those involved in all this SEM/Kentaro, Cresendo, Tantric, Raos stuff at Rovers it's a frightening thought they may spread the net whilst all still having tentacles in BRFC.

Like a more dodgy less successful Watford model ! Kean will be back in business on the touchline though for sure.

Operation asset strip Dinamo !

Outrageous when you think about it. If there is ever a world more dodgy than Romanian football it is the world in which the Venkys mingle.

All of this in my opinion points to a global machine washer. I've said since all this trouble began that I believe Rovers have been used to wash some serious dirty money perhaps with the current furore on corruption in English football they've realised it would be best to move on.

Allegedly. Supposedly. Blah blah blah blah. Venky scum.

Watford's model is looking pretty dodgy at the moment, currently under investigation for fraud after a falsified document from HSBC has been discovered. Looking likely they will be in trouble with both the FA/PL and the fraud squad. Again shows how lax the fit and proper tests are, nobody at the FA/PL thought to get the HSBC document checked.

Watford's model is looking pretty dodgy at the moment, currently under investigation for fraud after a falsified document from HSBC has been discovered. Looking likely they will be in trouble with both the FA/PL and the fraud squad. Again shows how lax the fit and proper tests are, nobody at the FA/PL thought to get the HSBC document checked.

If they are found guilty of this then it will be very interesting to see what course of action the authorities take. I'd argue that a significant points deduction/demotion would be the appropriate course if they have gone to such lengths as to knowingly commit fraud.

As the authorities aren't fit for purpose it is always enjoyable watching them squirm as they try as hard as they can to brush serious issues under the carpet. The more serious they become the more difficult it becomes to paper over them and pretend they don't exist.

Still waiting for an outcome of the QPR/Leicester/Bournemouth FFP shambles. What a pathetic and inadequate group of people run our national game.

I it's true then hopefully their fans get wind of it and kick off good style. 'No To Venkys & Partners' protests over there wouldn't do any harm !

About time we maybe visited their forums, anyone speak Romanian ?

Could be interpreted in 2 ways. The first is that they are completely undeterred by what has happened at Rovers and are pushing ahead with further expansion looking to grow their activities in football rather than end them. If they were bad when they only had Rovers to occupy them then I dread to think how bad they will be with another club on the go. In which case we are probably heading for non-league.

Alternatively they could be moving on to a different project having lost interest in Rovers and have thrown in the towel by shifting their attentions elsewhere and the need to fund another club could be the beginning of the end for their time at Rovers. They can then seamlessly shift their activities into another club before pulling out of Rovers.

If there's any truth to this I'd be banking on the former rather than the latter.

or thirdly they made that much from the last club they bought so why not

If they are found guilty of this then it will be very interesting to see what course of action the authorities take. I'd argue that a significant points deduction/demotion would be the appropriate course if they have gone to such lengths as to knowingly commit fraud.

As the authorities aren't fit for purpose it is always enjoyable watching them squirm as they try as hard as they can to brush serious issues under the carpet. The more serious they become the more difficult it becomes to paper over them and pretend they don't exist.

Still waiting for an outcome of the QPR/Leicester/Bournemouth FFP shambles. What a pathetic and inadequate group of people run our national game.

Didn't QPR get a "massive" £8m fine?

Pretty sure they received a sell on clause or tribunal fee around the same time, which covered it straight away.

Makes perfect business sense. It's what 'private equity' firms do.

Buy a struggling company, sell anything of value, reduce outgoings, pocket the profit then call in the receivers and look for another victim.

Some call it asset stripping !

Please, please make them go away and let us start again.

Archived