BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Qpr Vs Rovers Fa Cup

Agents and who cares ?

We care because the flaming club is in its arse because of them ....

Footballers have agents. If you want to have footballers in a football club then you are going to have agents. The two go together. I really don't care who Tomlinson's agent is. I really don't. I care if he is good enough to improve our team.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I care if There is something sinister behind it but the poster is now trolling with it.

If he knows who the agent is then come out and say it rather than throw the same comments at someone who would have no reason to know.

Now is not the time to be coy surely, if you have a sinister plot then spill the beans

Footballers have agents. If you want to have footballers in a football club then you are going to have agents. The two go together. I really don't care who Tomlinson's agent is. I really don't. I care if he is good enough to improve our team.

Why do you stick up for agents and totally ignore /forget or which looks more and more likely condone what Anderson has done ?

I care if There is something sinister behind it but the poster is now trolling with it.

If he knows who the agent is then come out and say it rather than throw the same comments at someone who would have no reason to know.

Now is not the time to be coy surely, if you have a sinister plot then spill the beans

That last sentence tom , really pal ?

There are a lot of beans to spill from many who are cowards and allegedly taken the hush blood money .

• Backroom

Why do you stick up for agents and totally ignore /forget or which looks more and more likely condone what Anderson has done ?

That last sentence tom , really pal ?

There are a lot of beans to spill from many who are cowards and allegedly taken the hush blood money .

Not you abbey but JAL is hinting constantly that he knows something untoward, I feel it would be good if that was out in the open!

But maybe he can't maybe he can , I have no idea but when the likes of ex players , managers and executives remain schtumm there's no hope what so ever .

You only need to look at how sllardyce as quickly white washed his going ons and got a top job again to see how it works

But maybe he can't maybe he can , I have no idea but when the likes of ex players , managers and executives remain schtumm there's no hope what so ever .

You only need to look at how sllardyce as quickly white washed his going ons and got a top job again to see how it works

On one side you complain about the FA, yet you would be amongst the first to get him at Blackburn as a manager if you could. DOUBLE STANDARDS.

I don't stick up for agents Abbey, I just accept that they are part and parcel of the game in this day and age.

Parson, if you accept that they are "part and parcel of the game", and we know that they have a vested interest, then you are condoning that vested interest and their influence on the game.

These agents are in there for the main chance, and that is their wallet.

It's a bit like politicians and their "expenses". Write your own ticket.....

On one side you complain about the FA, yet you would be amongst the first to get him at Blackburn as a manager if you could. DOUBLE STANDARDS.

PR, if you've got something to say, say it to those that reside in your town.

They are the ones that started this debacle.

As though they would rehire someone they sacked.

Indians are renowned for not admitting their mistakes.

To you, I would say that well known fact,

that one era creates a business,

era two builds on it and

era three spends it and ruins it.

Guess where we are with Venkys?

The Venky's name is starting to smell around the world

Parson, if you accept that they are "part and parcel of the game", and we know that they have a vested interest, then you are condoning that vested interest and their influence on the game.

These agents are in there for the main chance, and that is their wallet.

It's a bit like politicians and their "expenses". Write your own ticket.....

Players use agents to represent them, to get the best deal possible for themselves throughout their career. Football is a career for players and naturally they will want to make the most money they can during what is, a relatively short and unpredictable career. The regulations with regard to payment of agents is perhaps what needs to be addressed. However, whilst players want representation then agents will be around in football as they are in other industries.

Players use agents to represent them, to get the best deal possible for themselves throughout their career. Football is a career for players and naturally they will want to make the most money they can during what is, a relatively short and unpredictable career. The regulations with regard to payment of agents is perhaps what needs to be addressed. However, whilst players want representation then agents will be around in football as they are in other industries.

Anderson ignored again

Parson, if you think agents care about players, then you are living in la la land.

Their interest stops abruptly when the players are no longer producing an income for them.

The "short and unpredictable career" is just a blip in the "career" of a football agent. A player gets an Career ending injury and he's dropped like a pack of spuds.

Regulations, as we have seen throughout the FA stand for nought.

I'd be interested to hear about the influence agents have in other "industries" btw.. There might be an opening for a smart old fella like me.....

Parson, if you think agents care about players, then you are living in la la land.

Their interest stops abruptly when the players are no longer producing an income for them.

The "short and unpredictable career" is just a blip in the "career" of a football agent. A player gets an Career ending injury and he's dropped like a pack of spuds.

I'd be interested to hear about the influence agents have in other "industries" btw.. There might be an opening for a smart old fella like me.....

There is a reason the likes of Brad Friedel, Brain McBride, Paul Scholes and others in the past have never had an agent.

Most agents are like most recruiters, leaches/parasites. Pray on the naïve make a commission on them, hawk them round again 12 months later to repeat the process behind the business or clubs and employees backs. I know a lad who played league 2 and the conference a few years ago, he once dumped an agent as his manager found out he was being hawked around other clubs without any knowledge.

There is some merit in having one agent at a club with a majority of players as his client, keeps all the eggs in one basket and a certain degree of trust. We know however picking the wrong one is deadly.

Ryan Nelsen funnily enough is now one.

The relationship between player and agent is obviously a professional one. By getting the best deal for their client they get the best deal for themselves. At the end of the day, like all professions, there will be good and bad. My only point about agents is that they are firmly ensconced in the game and whilst some might want to do a 'King Canute' they aren't going to go away. Ultimately, you have to deal with them as best you can.

The relationship between player and agent is obviously a professional one. By getting the best deal for their client they get the best deal for themselves. At the end of the day, like all professions, there will be good and bad. My only point about agents is that they are firmly ensconced in the game and whilst some might want to do a 'King Canute' they aren't going to go away. Ultimately, you have to deal with them as best you can.

yet agin no comment on what anderson has done here ....why?

An agent probably does get the best deal he can for the player but why in God's name do they expect the club to pay them?

An agent probably does get the best deal he can for the player but why in God's name do they expect the club to pay them?

Exactly clubs are actually down on last year's expected revenues due to new bumper pay deals, bigger the weekly pay the higher than 10% cut becomes.

That is where the money from the TV deal is going. Easily remedied by making an agents fee standardised ensuring clubs have revenue growth year on year and avoiding clubs breaking the bank for ever increasing fees and salaries to cover agents and actually lessering the chances of Portsmouth, Blackburn MK2 happening.

You could also bet it would free up more money to distribute to the lower leagues too.

Parson, if the FA wanted to get rid of them they could do so with the stroke of a pen, similarly with the Government, make it illegal, problem solved.

Either that, or limit their reach to one contract, which had to be made public at each event.

Professional contracts that affect public interest should be made public.

Getting the best interests for their players is OK, but who should pay?

Why shouldn't the player pay? (yes there are the obvious answer as to loading it into the contract)

Why should it all be shrouded in secrecy?

Just what do they bring to the game? How do they enhance it?

To me, it takes millions out of the game, brings it into disrepute (with some of the dodgy dealings).

and, as Abbey says "what has Anderson done here?"

Archived