BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Qpr Vs Rovers Fa Cup

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I expect Raya, Wharton, Travis, Stokes will start

Can't see Travis starting. Possibly Mahoney.

They'll keep Mulgrew, Conway and Evans out of the way to rest/recover.

Wharton will only start if the bean counters and contract people allow Coyle to pick him.

Stokes has done a disappearing act so this is the perfect chance for him to impress and make a claim for a starting position in the league.

Wonder if Marshall has got over his illness yet?

Question marks over Bennett's availability. Like Stokes this should be a good chance for him to come into the team and try to make a statement, but if rumours are to be believed he's being touted around to save some money so they probably won't want to risk him.

Likewise Guthrie. After some decent performances earlier this season he's returning to being a forgotten man.

I predict:

Raya

Nyambe

Greer

Wharton

Williams

Feeney

Lowe

Akpan

Bennett

Stokes

Graham

• Backroom

I'd give Graham the week off myself, he had twin boys the day before New Year's Eve and deserves some time with them.

Get him back in training next Monday

Raya Nyambe Brown Wharton Williams Feeney Akpan Lowe Mahoney Stokes Gallagher

Jesus - I really don't want to see the Akpan-Lowe combination ever again.

I'd play one alongside someone who can pass a ball. Guthrie, Tomlinson, maybe take Mulgrew out of defence and put him in the middle?

Jesus - I really don't want to see the Akpan-Lowe combination ever again.

I'd play one alongside someone who can pass a ball. Guthrie, Tomlinson, maybe take Mulgrew out of defence and put him in the middle?

Agree with this except for Mulgrew; he needs to be fit for our league games. Pointless risking him in a match like this when he's our most important player.

If we rest those squad members who are injury prone, need a rest or just cant handle 90 minutes can we get 11 onto the field? Its bloody tough work earning thousands of pounds a week.

Quite right, the FA Cup, since the advent of the Premier League, has become a sham. Third Round day used to be a great occasion, one where you would play your strongest eleven because you genuinely wanted to progress to the next round. The team was up for it, as were the fans. Now, they may as well toss a coin up until the quarter final stage.

From LT Rovers reporter

Owen Coyle revealed today Willem Tomlinson will be among the #Rovers youngsters travelling to QPR.

Conway, Evans, Lenihan all out.

Whatever happened to the Hardcastle fella that you seemed to be championing last year or the year before.

Who's Tomlinson agent chaddy ?

I'm going to this for my sins. Was originally planning to have a night out with a friend who lives down there with the match as a footnote but unfortunately ongoing car troubles mean I'll have to travel straight down and straight back.

Hope I don't see an Academy side walloped 4 or 5 nil. If Tomlinson plays he'll probably score a wonder goal and be banished forever more for having the temerity to cross the half way line like he was under Bowyer.

Archived