BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Alan shearer way

I just get really annoyed seeing ex players, especially from the title winning team talk about rovers like a stepping stone. Shearer is Mr Newcastle, Sutton bangs on about Celtic, Sherwood was spurs, batty was Leeds and Newcastle. Le saux Chelsea and so on.All interviews and autobiographies etc focus on the other teams with a passing mention of " oh and I won the league at Blackburn ". The ones I mentioned ( with the exception of le saux I think) never got close to achieving anything as amazing as that. I'm pretty confident if the street he grew up in or outside st James park was named Alan shearer way he would be welling up and gushing with pride. Really annoyed me

Sutton was very complimentary towards Rovers, Blackburn and the fans in his Auto bio to be fair. Obviously papped on about Celtic but he went on the have good success , one of the only Rovers who did from that era so understandable i suppose. It's all about selling many books as well B)

3 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Tonight on play to the whistle Mr shearer described having the street named after him as embarrassing and he wasn't being modest. Does anyone else think that reaction is abit ungrateful or is it just me..... Discuss

Yep, and the montage of his goals were all Newcastle, and where when hed lost a bit of hair etc......Everyone seems to forget we had his prime, think he does too.....ungrateful

I always say to my Newcastle supporting mates you only saw shearer on the back of 2 pretty serious knee injuries. We saw him with pace as well. Imagine that. 

As for the street thing I know it's only the mirror but here he said he's "hugely honoured" http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/alan-shearer-hugely-honoured-after-7012216.amp. Plus it's not so much what recipients think that matters it's how we honour them for ourselves that's important. For all he did for us then and even as recently by publicly criticising the Venkys shearer can do no wrong in my eyes.  

Archived