BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nottingham Forest 'Fans United' Protest

Neal

Will be interesting to see if Pompey agree to sell to the American Disney bloke.

Its only a few years since they were on the brink of liquidation due to a succession of foreign owners. Their supporters and local backers rallied round and managed to save the club from extinction, with them becoming a fan controlled club. Many people have pointed to them as an example of how there could be a future of fan controlled clubs in England. Does this mean that fan ownership isn't all it has been made out to be?

Dare I say it might be a tad hypocritical if within a few years of fan ownership they decide to sell themselves to an American pensioner with no connection to the club. Presumably he's offering to invest big cash and get them up the leagues again, but Portsmouth know better than most what a risky game that is.

I'd have thought that having fought so hard to sort out their finances and get control back into Portsmouth supporters' hands that they would be very resistant to handing over the keys to a foreigner promising riches.

Get this pinned, anyone off here wanting to go il get the BRFCS coach sorted by Monday if enough numbers on here are up for it?

Chaddy, Blueboy & Co?

We protest and join forces with Forest against the party FA who've let us drown for 7 years.

Inside for 90 minutes no nastiness no negativity, we go in there, sing our hearts outs and get behind the boys. 

25 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Get this pinned, anyone off here wanting to go il get the BRFCS coach sorted by Monday if enough numbers on here are up for it?

Chaddy, Blueboy & Co?

We protest and join forces with Forest against the party FA who've let us drown for 7 years.

Inside for 90 minutes no nastiness no negativity, we go in there, sing our hearts outs and get behind the boys. 

Don't be surprised if a lot of Forest fans want nothing to do with it after today. They will sweep their problems under the carpet and bask in the joy of avoiding relegation. Protests far from their minds.

55 minutes ago, Neal said:

Due to Forest change of manager and their safety in the championship almost secure the protest will not take place. 

Well done on your efforts though.

We need something planning last game of the season although i'm sure it will be a free for all like the Wigan game.

Or will it end up as a wimper? 

50 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Well done on your efforts though.

We need something planning last game of the season although i'm sure it will be a free for all like the Wigan game.

Or will it end up as a wimper? 

Cheers pal. Had everything in place too but hey ho.

Wimper most likely. 

Just now, Neal said:

Cheers pal. Had everything in place too but hey ho.

Wimper most likely. 

Got to keep doing what you believe in, I know your helping others with all sorts at the minute and I bet you ain't getting much sleep with the new arrival! Congratulations by the way

I've said it before, Rovers fans are no different than anyone else. Lost count of how many times I've read 'if this was x they'd be rioting in the streets etc etc'.

Forest get a couple of wins and protests are cancelled. Coventry's protests are usually a few hundred of their hardcore.

You'll never get mass participation in pre/post match protests, so just concentrate on getting the message out.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

I've said it before, Rovers fans are no different than anyone else. Lost count of how many times I've read 'if this was x they'd be rioting in the streets etc etc'.

Forest get a couple of wins and protests are cancelled. Coventry's protests are usually a few hundred of their hardcore.

You'll never get mass participation in pre/post match protests, so just concentrate on getting the message out.

What's the message, Matty: "Happy to bend over"?

Seriously though it's a real problem that there is no unity between clubs' supporters. It means that only clubs with their own large fanbase have any lobbying power with the authorities or the potential to be rescued. I'm thinking Liverpool with Hicks and Gillette, and City with Shinawatra. A club with 8,000 fans and falling has no chance. Such clubs need to join forces to have any voice. I'd argue that a coalition of Rovers-Forest-Villa-Coventry-Charlton-Newcastle-United-Liverpool-Bolton all demanding tighter ownership rules would frighten the life out of the FA. Sadly, it's I'm alright jack. As long as your team gets that play-off spot or beats relegation, or has a day out at Wembley the owners are a necessary evil. Lose a few too many, get relegated, ignore fans, make excuses every transfer window and there'll be a few complaints, for a bit. But if the owners don't have a reputation to preserve in England then they can ride it out by ignoring that tedious buzzing sound.

I'll ask the question again in all seriousness though: what message should Rovers fans be trying to get out?

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Seen Charlton fans recently protesting in Belgium? 

2 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Got to keep doing what you believe in, I know your helping others with all sorts at the minute and I bet you ain't getting much sleep with the new arrival! Congratulations by the way

Cheers fella!

Archived