BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nottingham Forest 'Fans United' Protest

Neal

I speak daily with a group of Forest fans, all seemingly good passionate fans. Forest find themselves in a similar situation to ours, their owner has done his best to run the club into the ground and he doesn't show his face either... Sound familiar? I could go into specifics about the depths of Mr Fawaz incompetence but the information is out there if you want to find out more.

In these times where owners like Fawaz, Oyston, Sisu and Venkys are allowed to gain control of historic football clubs, almost destroy their communities and disrespect their history for egotistical and possible financial gains... The F.A. remain clean, no dirt on their hands and have no intention to get them dirty either. Before this thread turns into a debate about what the governing body of our game can or can't do, I'm sure we can all agree they should be made accountable and should be doing more to safeguard the clubs that gave them their purpose in the first place. 

Protesting against Venkys has only gotten us so far, in my view, fans from all clubs need to come together to make their voices heard and make the issue bigger than incompetent owners... So this is why I'm proposing a 'Fans United' protest with the Nottingham Forest fans. There are a group of them that are keen to make this happen but it will only happen if there are enough of us willing to commit to it. Some of you are of the opinion that protests should not occur in the current relegation battle we're in and I somewhat understand that... This is why I'm proposing this protest should be focused on the F.A. and it will NOT continue inside the ground, it will be a simple march from an agreed meeting place to the ground.

If you are interested then please PM me on here so I can start tallying numbers to report back to my comrades in Nottingham.

Together we're stronger. Fans United. Venkys Out.

TMBWA

4 hours ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

It would be good if the FA cup Final could be protested as a national demo against the FA but that would be difficult. 

Check out the NW division of Football Supporters Federation:

From the last meeting:

“The People’s March on Wembley 2017”

The meeting voted unanimously for a People’s March on Wembley during FA Cup Final Day May 27th 2017 from midday onwards. The PMOW2017 is a grassroots protest which encourages football supporters from all clubs to mobilise and voice their anger against the inadequacies of the FA at the gates of the national Wembley stadium. Whilst we applaud the EDM motion carried by the House of Commons in February the NW-FSF has no confidence that the FA has either the ability or the desire to relinquish power and reform.

The FA is an elitist, ageist, non-diverse group which is at the beck and call of corporate sponsors and demonstrates time and again it is not fit for purpose. Their inability to protect the interests of supporters and clubs against the actions of selfish and predatory owners coupled with the recent revelations about vile child abuse scandals which have taken place ‘on their watch’ – made us conclude that they are not ‘fit and proper’ persons to preside over our game. The FA is defunct and we are re-claiming our game. Politics is too important to be left to the politicians and FA bureaucrats. Football and its surrounding culture has been created and sustained by supporters for decades and we have little or no say in the corporatisation of the sport or the structures which control it – this needs to change.

All fan’s and supporter’s representatives were requested to go back to their clubs and supporters and to start preparing for what could be one of the biggest football protests in history.

6 hours ago, PeteJD13 said:

Sadly it wont happen we couldn't muster decent numbers when blackpool came to town and we wont for this a few decent results and heads get buried again

My own learning is that the actual numbers who walk in the rain don't matter, as much as the media stuff in the build up. ....as long, as the absence of fans is not so significant, as to be embarrassing and undermine the cause.

Solidarity between groups of fans will play very well in the media and is an opportunity not to be missed.

It is not beyond the wit of man to protest, yet to get behind the lads in the match ( FFS lol)

Good news for long suffering Portsmouth fans.

Michael Eisner, the former chief executive of Disney, is in advanced talks to buy Portsmouth football club. The 75-year-old American is said to be in the final stages of takeover talks through his media investment vehicle. 

41 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Michael Eisner, the former chief executive of Disney, is in advanced talks to buy Portsmouth football club. The 75-year-old American is said to be in the final stages of takeover talks through his media investment vehicle. 

You'd think they'd be fed up with Mickey Mouse owners.

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Why on earth is he buying portsmouth?

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

New theme park? I've no idea but Eisner said on Twitter today : “Exciting times! Looking forward to coming over and meeting you all. Good luck against Newport County on Saturday!!”

At least Pompey fans have some hope. 

10 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Take the dilapidated Fratton Park out of the equation and they are a club with potential.

The South Hampshire/South Coast conurbation is heavily populated and doesn't even have a handful of professional clubs. In League 2 they can regulary attract 17/18000 crowds.

28 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Take the dilapidated Fratton Park out of the equation and they are a club with potential.

The South Hampshire/South Coast conurbation is heavily populated and doesn't even have a handful of professional clubs. In League 2 they can regulary attract 17/18000 crowds.

Fair point, well put

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Over 1.5m people and only two league clubs.

Lancashire, 8 league clubs and only 1.1m people.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Exactly, 'tis why Lancashire is the REAL heartland of the game. North East my arse!

Indeed, and I haven't even included the 'old' Lancashire of Bolton, Wigan, Oldham, Bury, Mancs and Scousers.

That's why rovers crowds have always stood up to scrutiny. I once read a LT piece where the journo was bemoaning the fact that we didn't get 30k in the EUFA Cup like Southampton did. It was inspired by Souey having a similar moan so it must have been when he was manager. They totally ignored the fact there is huge competetion up here and that Southampton only have Pompey , Aldershot and Eastleigh to compete with. 

Lancashire - The Home of World Football.  

34 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Over 1.5m people and only two league clubs.

Lancashire, 8 league clubs and only 1.1m people.

1.48m people according to 2015 figures. Blackburn with Darwen the largest with 146,000. 

On 23/03/2017 at 5:02 PM, jim mk2 said:

This is exactly the scenario that the FA need to scrutinise well. This Michael Elmer Fudd may have billions of US dollars to his name but what are his intentions? What does he know about British football? Which agents will he be employing to advise him about such matters?In short will he be a fit and proper owner?

FA, the ball is in your court.

Archived