BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Don't know where to put this

Just now, bob fleming said:

It doesn't and shouldn't matter whether you agree or disagree with the rule. That's irrelevant really. Fact is they broke it.

Not only that, but in my opinion, what they did was morally wrong. If it was Rovers who made 10 changes against a team in the bottom three, who lost against 10 men, I'd be embarrassed. Sometimes you just have to do the right thing. They chose not to. 

And now they've broke it let's see how seriously the rule is treated. This is "driving at 33 on a 30 road" stuff now. Again, nobody mentions the fact that Villa effectively threw the game against us. I've made enough points now. If you read all my posts and think it's all nonsense, fine. 

I've already stated I think this is a moral discussion, as I don't think the rule is worth the paper it's written on, and I don't think it will be there much longer. However, people keep throwing the rule back at me as if it's the handball/ offside rule or something.

Maybe my approach to sport is more pragmatic, but I morally have no problems with what has happened. I've already stated what I think happens towards the end of a season, and it's something you should be prepared for. Strongest team or not, Huddersfield mentally weren't prepared to sacrifice themselves for that game. Much like Villa weren't.

I don't believe the result would have differed regardless of lineup. Yes the lack of subtlety in their approach might feel like a slap around the face, but we have to get on with it. We only have ourselves to blame for allowing it to affect us.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn't and shouldn't matter whether you agree or disagree with the rule. That's irrelevant really. Fact is they broke it.

Not only that, but in my opinion, what they did was morally wrong. If it was Rovers who made 10 changes against a team in the bottom three, who lost against 10 men, I'd be embarrassed. Sometimes you just have to do the right thing. They chose not to. 

A correct and concise summary and yet still polite to the Hudderfix Wagner by not naming him.

And neither have I.

7 minutes ago, skinner05 said:

Jesus christ lads, talk about clutching at straws. We've got the play offs to think about and those players who came in have all played plenty of times this season. It wasn't like we threw a bunch of kids in. Here is what Wagner thinks about it (1 min 25)

I was disappointed with the performance and result as I wanted Birmingham to go down and hopefully it'll still happen this weekend. Good luck at Brentford

You'll please some you'll annoy some welcome to Lancashire!

Just now, skinner05 said:

How can someone from outside the club determine what our strongest 11 is at any given time or for a particular game? It really is a ridiculous rule

It was our third game in a week and we were carrying plenty of knocks and tired bodies, It is easily arguable that the side we put out was the strongest on that day given how much fresher they were. Just because we lost doesn't mean it was down to having a weaker side out. We havdour strongest side out at Bristol and Forest recently and look how those games turned out...

Round and round and round.

10 changes. 10 men. Lost 2 nil to a poor team.

It looks bad. Simple as that. Not what I'd have done. I'd have rested players in a dead rubber instead.

Having said that, good luck in the play offs. You didn't pick the team after all. Udders are a good club. Seriously, all the best.

I hope that Huddersfield the Club get nailed by FFP whilst still in the Championship next season. Wagner having departed for greener pastures after their play off failure.

I'm not going to make up a best wishes bullshit story now am I.

As long as Wagnker is their manager I wish them nothing but ill - along with any Hudds fans who believe he was morally right to bring the game into disrepute. I hope that the decision backfires spectacularly, with a loss of momentum, and missing the play-offs. I'll be delighted if they lose in the semis.

As for Wagnker, he'll be off at the first opportunity. A PL team will come in for him if they don't go up. What he did is typical behaviour for someone who is all about themself. 

The only good thing this week is that Redknapp has kept his saggy mouth shut.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

I hope that Huddersfield the Club get nailed by FFP whilst still in the Championship next season. Wagner having departed for greener pastures after their play off failure.

:lol: Are you being serious? How will we fail FFP? We have one of the lowest budgets in the league and have generated plenty of revenue from player sales in recent times

You do realise we haven't spent much this season? We've just made plenty of quality signings on the cheap rather than spending everything we've got on paying a striker £40k a week...

:lol: Are you being serious? How will we fail FFP? We have one of the lowest budgets in the league and have generated plenty of revenue from player sales in recent times

You do realise we haven't spent much this season? We've just made plenty of quality signings on the cheap rather than spending everything we've got on paying a striker £40k a week...

Unless 05 is your year of birth, I suggest you wind your neck in.

In reply to alloverasia: Each to their own mate. I've stood on Leeds Road plenty of times (twice I think! And it rained - properly once) i bet you have been there too. I've been to the new ground a few times an all. They're fine. As I said, our man on here didn't pick the team. As we know only to well, it's not the fans fault.

Just now, Stuart said:

As long as Wagnker is their manager I wish them nothing but ill - along with any Hudds fans who believe he was morally right to bring the game into disrepute. I hope that the decision backfires spectacularly, with a loss of momentum, and missing the play-offs. I'll be delighted if they lose in the semis.

As for Wagnker, he'll be off at the first opportunity. A PL team will come in for him if they don't go up. What he did is typical behaviour for someone who is all about themself. 

The only good thing this week is that Redknapp has kept his saggy mouth shut.

Just now, Stuart said:

Unless 05 is your year of birth, I suggest you wind your neck in.

I'm pretty sure the bloke who wrote the originally letter that brought this thread to fruition, nor yourself, would have been writing to complain had it been Rovers in Huddersfield's position. Would you be wanting us to have points deducted? Replay the game?

It's all starting to sound rather bitter now.

Fair dos if ok re FFP.

I will settle on you failing in the play offs.

Think of me when you do. :D

Coming back to this post, it perfectly sums up everything that is wrong with the football authorities in this country

They're looking to punish a club who have done things the right way by operating within their means and rotating their cheaply put together squad throughout the season. They should be lauding Huddersfield Town as the perfect example for other cubs to follow

Instead, they continue to turn a blind eye to clubs spending way beyond their means and ending up in the mire like a few teams down the wrong end of the Championship this season

In reply to alloverasia: Each to their own mate. I've stood on Leeds Road plenty of times (twice I think! And it rained - properly once) i bet you have been there too. I've been to the new ground a few times an all. They're fine. As I said, our man on here didn't pick the team. As we know only to well, it's not the fans fault.

True its not their fans fault. The posting of the Wankger video on the other hand is a smug 2 finger.

Im off to bed. Its 4 am here. Watched West Ham beat Spuds.

True its not their fans fault. The posting of the Wankger video on the other hand is a smug 2 finger.

Im off to bed. Its 4 am here. Watched West Ham beat Spuds.

I can hear Kenny now "sure, we understand their situation, of course we do, but we have to worry about Blackburn Rovers. I have every sympathy for their position but it's my job and I'm paid to look after the best interests of Blackburn Rovers Football Club by Jack Walker and the Board". Fixes interviewer with hard stare, convinces bob he's contradicted himself. Walks off camera, job done.

night fella.

8 hours ago, bob fleming said:

I can hear Kenny now "sure, we understand their situation, of course we do, but we have to worry about Blackburn Rovers. I have every sympathy for their position but it's my job and I'm paid to look after the best interests of Blackburn Rovers Football Club by Jack Walker and the Board". Fixes interviewer with hard stare, convinces bob he's contradicted himself. Walks off camera, job done.

night fella.

Do you ever recall him doing that? I only remember him competing for every game.

11 hours ago, skinner05 said:

Coming back to this post, it perfectly sums up everything that is wrong with the football authorities in this country

They're looking to punish a club who have done things the right way by operating within their means and rotating their cheaply put together squad throughout the season. They should be lauding Huddersfield Town as the perfect example for other cubs to follow

Instead, they continue to turn a blind eye to clubs spending way beyond their means and ending up in the mire like a few teams down the wrong end of the Championship this season

Good luck in the play offs. Always quite liked Huddersfield  despite them being from over t'hills.  Remember a copper shouting "stop tha bleating like sheep" at us once when we were greeting the locals from over the back of the away end at Leeds Road. Good memories of that ground.

Your club did nowt wrong last week.

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

Do you ever recall him doing that? I only remember him competing for every game.

No, of course not. Maybe he would have done it, maybe he wouldn't. We'll never know. I like to think he'd have done the right thing and not played an obvious second string in a league / relegation affecting match though.

28 minutes ago, McClarky said:

Good luck in the play offs. Always quite liked Huddersfield  despite them being from over t'hills.  Remember a copper shouting "stop tha bleating like sheep" at us once when we were greeting the locals from over the back of the away end at Leeds Road. Good memories of that ground.

Your club did nowt wrong last week.

Cheers mate. Likewise, never had any reason to dislike Blackburn. A decent side from a working class Town like ourselves and apart from some of your fans getting all billy big @#/? after taking Rhodes from us, always seem a decent bunch. 

If you do go down hopefully you can get rid of the Venkys and build a side to come back up stronger. I remember the days when I would go to Ewood Park and think there is no chance we are getting anything from this game and very rarely did, especially when Matt Jansen was on the pitch 

Cheers mate. Likewise, never had any reason to dislike Blackburn. A decent side from a working class Town like ourselves and apart from some of your fans getting all billy big @#/? after taking Rhodes from us, always seem a decent bunch. 

If you do go down hopefully you can get rid of the Venkys and build a side to come back up stronger. I remember the days when I would go to Ewood Park and think there is no chance we are getting anything from this game and very rarely did, especially when Matt Jansen was on the pitch 

Think the Dean Hoyle chairman approach is quite underrated, what a superb owner, chairman. A model for similar sized clubs to follow.

On 03/05/2017 at 7:11 AM, dave birch said:

24 Requirement to Play Full Strength Sides in League Matches

24.1 Each Club shall play its full strength in all Matches played under the auspices of The League unless some satisfactory reason is given. In the event of the explanation not being deemed satisfactory the Board shall refer the matter to a Disciplinary Commission which has the power to impose such penalties as it shall think fit.

I repeat, Huddersfield are resting their players so they can be as successful as they possible can this season. Getting a key injury or two could potentially cost them £100million+ and drastically change the future of their football club.

In my eyes that is a satisfactory reason and they are not in breach of the rule. All they are doing is trying to perform as well as they can this season.

If they chucked a load of kids in , for what was a dead rubber for them, that would be different.

Will Huddersfield play a weakened side again tomorrow against Cardiff. They are 23/20 on the coupon, so odds are suggesting not, but I am going to tip a Cardiff win at 23/10 which has to be good value, given what happened last week.

Why do posters conveniently omit the time between games? Is it inconvenient and countra to their views?

Why is the impact of their actions on others  and the basic integrity of the game such a non event in some eyes?

They broke rules. That is a given and they will be punished. Probably a big box of chocs and some bubbly from 'Arry.

This event is the closest I have seen to match fixing.

It's totally up to Huddersfield who they play. Of course they should protect their own interests. If we hadn't been so gutless and employed an idiot for 3/4 of a season, we wouldn't be spitting our dummies and crying foul. Good luck to them, super job on a small budget - our bunch should take note.

43 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

This event is the closest I have seen to match fixing.

Your hysteria makes it hard to take your points seriously. 

Talking of "conveniently omitting" things, why do you keep ignoring the fact that Villa effectively threw the game versus us? And Birmingham only had ten men due to an incorrect red card? Huddersfield did the best thing to protect their interests. Our interests are none of their business.

Archived