BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Darts

Tried to find another thread regarding this however not much to go on.

Two reason for starting;

1. One of my favourite tv competitions of recent years starts in ten days - the PDC world championship at Alexander palace. Anybody looking forward? Any betting tips? A player I’ve met a couple of times, Dave Evans is in this year, playing Ross Smith.

2. Lockdown this year has meant several hours more than usual on my own practice board. I’ve updated my setup board and light, darts, flights etc - interested in any other BRFCS lads who play for any practice games you might have come up with, any tips or chat on your setup, and we have also made up for the pubs being shut (a little at least) by playing google hangout games and tournaments, always welcome to new players.

• Like 1

A very open looking tournament this year none of the top players playing at their best of late although MVG's win at the Players Championship could perhaps be an ominous sign that he is peaking at just the right time after a poor year by his standards. I've backed Price to win it at 11/2 and also had a little each way flutter on Gary Anderson at 33/1 he's in no form but he does have a habit of peaking for the Worlds and at those odds I'd have been kicked myself if I didn't back him.

13 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

A very open looking tournament this year none of the top players playing at their best of late although MVG's win at the Players Championship could perhaps be an ominous sign that he is peaking at just the right time after a poor year by his standards. I've backed Price to win it at 11/2 and also had a little each way flutter on Gary Anderson at 33/1 he's in no form but he does have a habit of peaking for the Worlds and at those odds I'd have been kicked myself if I didn't back him.

That’s a nice tip on Gary - one of my favourite players on his day.

Some others worth a mention who’ve had decent years 20/1+ Nathan Aspinall, Glen Durrant, Devon Peterson and James Wade.

Also Mervyn King who put up a decent fight against MVG is 100/1 and Jackpot Lewis 110....!

53 minutes ago, JBiz said:

That’s a nice tip on Gary - one of my favourite players on his day.

Some others worth a mention who’ve had decent years 20/1+ Nathan Aspinall, Glen Durrant, Devon Peterson and James Wade.

Also Mervyn King who put up a decent fight against MVG is 100/1 and Jackpot Lewis 110....!

A few months ago I'd have backed Durrant but having seen him at the Grand Slam last month, it's hard to see him winning this. Aspinall's a decent bet especially each way, semi finalist the last 2 years. Wade I think is destined to be the best player never to win a World title but he has been playing well lately and looking at his section of the draw you have to fancy him for a quarter final place at the very least.  I'd love to see Lewis back on form on his day he's such a good player to watch.

• 2 weeks later...

Blackburn fan Bradley Brooks is currently playing in this tourney (sky darts)

Very good young player, world youth champion, been playing for a few years - has a PDC tour card. Also repping ARTE ET LABORE on his shirt.

First set of competition he averaged 109! Exciting talent 👀 

Edited by JBiz
  • Like 1

On 07/12/2020 at 19:57, JBiz said:

Tried to find another thread regarding this however not much to go on.

Two reason for starting;

1. One of my favourite tv competitions of recent years starts in ten days - the PDC world championship at Alexander palace. Anybody looking forward? Any betting tips? A player I’ve met a couple of times, Dave Evans is in this year, playing Ross Smith.

2. Lockdown this year has meant several hours more than usual on my own practice board. I’ve updated my setup board and light, darts, flights etc - interested in any other BRFCS lads who play for any practice games you might have come up with, any tips or chat on your setup, and we have also made up for the pubs being shut (a little at least) by playing google hangout games and tournaments, always welcome to new players.

Hope Dave does well. I knew him as a tall lanky teenager who tried his hand at cricket with Stacksteads in the Ribblesdale league. Decent bowler but an accident waiting to happen with the bat 🙂🙂

Good luck to him. 

29 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

Hope Dave does well. I knew him as a tall lanky teenager who tried his hand at cricket with Stacksteads in the Ribblesdale league. Decent bowler but an accident waiting to happen with the bat 🙂🙂

Good luck to him. 

Very unlucky really VDB (nI way attempting to spell the name) came back in style at 2-0 down. 

Will be a good learning curve at least, well done Bradley! 

I've backed Dimitri Van Den Bergh. Already a major winner this year. He's 22/1 because he is in MVG's quarter of the draw,  but MVg has been very beatable this year and if that inflates VDB's price even better.

Edited by Hasta

On 19/12/2020 at 17:42, Hasta said:

I've backed Dimitri Van Den Bergh. Already a major winner this year. He's 22/1 because he is in MVG's quarter of the draw,  but MVg has been very beatable this year and if that inflates VDB's price even better.

Just about to kick off against Paul Lim, who amazingly came back from 2-0 in the first game to beat Luke Humphries

Also Dirk Duijvenbode just put in a brilliant performance to beat Rob cross - who performed well to be fair, a twelve dart leg against the throw at 2-2 and 2-2 in legs was an exhilarating finish!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/12/2020 at 14:27, Ewood Ace said:

A very profitable tournament for me. Pleased for Price he's had an excellent few years and thoroughly deserves to be World Champion. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

By ‘a few quid’, do you mean 20p? 😏

Ha.

I only ever put pence bets on things with daft odds or just to get bits out of my account!

You can imagine my frustration having 50p on Rothwell to score two at 225/1 and then seeing him subbed immediately after scoring 😂 

• 2 years later...
12 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Been well on board the hype train with this lately, it’s gotten me well and truly hooked, though! What a game.

I’ve always loved it. At the moment, because there is no dominant force, it’s especially engaging.

The Premier League will knock the enthusiasm out of you though. The same 8 players playing each other every week for 4 months with little decided until the last couple of weeks. 😴😴😴

• 4 weeks later...
On 20/01/2024 at 10:46, Hasta said:

I’ve always loved it. At the moment, because there is no dominant force, it’s especially engaging.

The Premier League will knock the enthusiasm out of you though. The same 8 players playing each other every week for 4 months with little decided until the last couple of weeks. 😴😴😴

yea its a shame its only every Thursday would of been better with more players over 2 nights

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ScorpioRover said:

yea its a shame its only every Thursday would of been better with more players over 2 nights

I don't know what I would do with it. It's a struggle to fit it in the calendar as it is, so I can't see it going over 2 nights. 

As a competition it just seems to go on and on. The early rounds seem to have very little riding on them, but by the time you get to the last weeks you tend to know generally who is through and who is eliminated with maybe 1 or 2 spots up for grabs. So many games feel like dead rubbers and there is little drama.

It's never hidden the fact that the week nights are glorified exhibitions to let fans who won't get tickets for the major tournaments experience live darts, albeit from a distance. It's just very meh compared to most other tournament on TV.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...