BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

PLAYER WATCH v Bournemouth (H)

The usual vote of thanks Tony. As you say, an embarrassing game all around. We looked scared to really take Bournemouth on. When we needed to play with more urgency we were passing it back and forth along the back four again. It could have been a game were a back 5 again would have been the better bet. Our two centre halves had a busy afternoon against the pace of Bournemouth’s strikers.

I’m surprised you had Pickering down as MOM I thought nobody in the team came out with much credit and he was no exception.

29 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The usual vote of thanks Tony. As you say, an embarrassing game all around. We looked scared to really take Bournemouth on. When we needed to play with more urgency we were passing it back and forth along the back four again. It could have been a game were a back 5 again would have been the better bet. Our two centre halves had a busy afternoon against the pace of Bournemouth’s strikers.

I’m surprised you had Pickering down as MOM I thought nobody in the team came out with much credit and he was no exception.

As for Pickering…..all the big attacks came down the other wing or through the centre….all of the goals, the crossbar hit, the great Kaminski save and the one where Pickering put in a great sliding stop. He also put in some crosses. He looks good (on paper) compared to the other defenders because they took the brunt and suffered for it! Wharton and van Hecke had a lot to deal with and never looked comfortable. He won by default!

Edited by tonyoz

1 minute ago, tonyoz said:

As for Pickering…..all the big attacks came down the other wing or through the centre….all of the goals, the crossbar hit, the great Kaminski save and the one where Pickering put in a great sliding stop. He also put in some crosses. He looks good (on paper) compared to the other defenders because they took the brunt and suffered for it! Wharton and van Hecke had a lot to deal with and never looked comfortable. 

I respect the amount of time and effort you put in Tony. As far as I’m concerned if you say so, fair enough, you’ve done the hard work. I just watched it once in real time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I respect the amount of time and effort you put in Tony. As far as I’m concerned if you say so, fair enough, you’ve done the hard work. I just watched it once in real time.

Thanks Tyrone. I always try to reply to other fans comments and explain anomalies. I’ve appreciated your support over the year.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tonyoz said:

Thanks Tyrone. I always try to reply to other fans comments and explain anomalies. I’ve appreciated your support over the year.

It’s been a pleasure reading your reports over the season, win lose or draw. Of course some have brought more pleasure than others. Just one more game to go now and we can all have a break.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

Thanks once again Tony. Always hard to read after a demoralising defeat, must be even worse taking the time & effort to run through the whole 90mins again.

Always appreciated though mate. 👏

Thanks. It's not so bad when I know that you guys are, at least, taking the time to read it.

3 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

Fancy sharing your master spreadsheet season final scores & we can nominate a @tonyoz BRFCS Player of the Season…? 🤔

Yes. I’ll update it then post it. Ok, this is how it stands now:

image.thumb.png.483a60164e9f86a6f3526e9affaebdf9.png

Edited by tonyoz
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

Ayala…crikey…👌🏻

Yes, two things: I have modified (refined heh heh!) how I score each incident. I was maybe a bit more generous marking aerial challenges…which favored the centre backs..just maybe. Secondly, maybe we’ve forgotten how well Ayala marshaled our young defence when he came in. He was impressive back then. 
Oh! I forgot…..Lenihan was just ahead of him (if I remember correctly) when they were playing together…..Darragh has fallen off over the bad run.

Edited by tonyoz

8 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Maybe two TonyOz awards: highest average and highest cumulative, which looks like Lenihan by a mile!

I’m often surprised when Lenihan gets serious criticism on the forum. To my mind he’s been very consistent. His low scores generally come when he’s up against a classy centre forward. On Saturday, he struggled at full back as Bournemouth attacked with quality down his wing.

• Like 1