BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

You’ve lost that loving feeling?

We mustn't forget that even after the Kean period and relegation to the Championship, and even after a couple of distinctly mediocre Championship seasons including the Shebby, Berg, Appleton mayhem, we still pulled in 11000+ season ticket holders under Bowyer. 

I think it is important to remember that fact because it shows to me that even despite the carnage and relegation that we were forced to sit through we still managed to pull substantially healthier numbers than we have over the last 3-4 years under Waggott. 

The second big drop off came after Lambert went and they appointed Coyle, chiseling another 2-3000 off Bowyer's figures and really since then, despite the L1 promotion and competitive Championship football we haven't got it back.

Important to remember because there is a certain element of Rovers' support, the stuff of Waggott's dreams, who will stop at nothing to convince themselves and others that there is an inherent problem with Rovers' fanbase or that all we are seeing is an organic, inevitable, natural drop back to 'natural' 80s numbers (strangely they never compare to the 50s, 60s, 70s, 90s, or 00s)

Also worth remembering that when we pulled in 11,000 under GB the prices were still higher than Notlob and PNE are charging today, so perhaps fair to guess that if we were charging the same as them we'd be getting considerably more than that if we did it properly.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I have the image of “ Tommy “ in “ Early Doors “.  The old guy that sits on his own in the corner of the pub. I never really understood drinking before a game. Especially at my age now. I’d be up and down to the toilet disturbing everybody. 

Until recently that might have been a welcome distraction…

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

We mustn't forget that even after the Kean period and relegation to the Championship, and even after a couple of distinctly mediocre Championship seasons including the Shebby, Berg, Appleton mayhem, we still pulled in 11000+ season ticket holders under Bowyer. 

I think it is important to remember that fact because it shows to me that even despite the carnage and relegation that we were forced to sit through we still managed to pull substantially healthier numbers than we have over the last 3-4 years under Waggott. 

The second big drop off came after Lambert went and they appointed Coyle, chiseling another 2-3000 off Bowyer's figures and really since then, despite the L1 promotion and competitive Championship football we haven't got it back.

Important to remember because there is a certain element of Rovers' support, the stuff of Waggott's dreams, who will stop at nothing to convince themselves and others that there is an inherent problem with Rovers' fanbase or that all we are seeing is an organic, inevitable, natural drop back to 'natural' 80s numbers (strangely they never compare to the 50s, 60s, 70s, 90s, or 00s)

Also worth remembering that when we pulled in 11,000 under GB the prices were still higher than Notlob and PNE are charging today, so perhaps fair to guess that if we were charging the same as them we'd be getting considerably more than that if we did it properly.

I still maintain that anything less that 12000 season ticket sales is failure.

Our figures also don't compare with the 80s as to make a proper comparison you need to factor in that attendances were down everywhere.

I don't know what people get out of calling other rovers fans names because they don't attend games for whatever reason.

Real fans care about the club and call out the detrimental things they see. Cult members blindly follow and accept whatever they are told by the club.

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 2