BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

You’ve lost that loving feeling?

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Of course, the minute you think you’ve cracked it is the minute you start going backwards. We needed a better winger than Wilcox and a better centre half than Pearce. We didn’t get them.

And we needed to spend money in the summer of 1995 from a position of strength. We signed Matty Holmes

That's all history though

Who have we signed today?

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Nobody - but if we do sign somebody Les Miserables will be on here complaining he's no good.

If it's stage shows you're after might I suggest Monkee Business the Musical is more up your street.

Then you can singalong to your theme tune 😜:

Signed in for the first time in a while to see if there is any transfer rumours beyond the LET and as expected it’s just the same cyclical arguments.

Hence, found myself skimming other threads and a simple answer to your question @Tom from me is “No”.

Still is, and will be one of my favourite pastimes, seeing family and friends. I’m looking forward to an actual home game, on a Saturday at 3pm (first in 3 months), which is also a winnable chance to put us in the 5th round of the FA cup.

It might be an idea for some who’ve become extremely fed up and cynical with Rovers, to take your eyes off this website. This has helped my mental health at least.

In terms of becoming bored of football altogether, and sick of the way it’s developed - stupid kick off times, VAR, the ridiculous sponsorship / financial scenarios, wages and transfer fees… I can fully understand that, hence why hardly ever watch Sky matches or any premier league.

• Like 4

That was a good article.

What about this passage though.....

"During those rare passages of actual play, prevailing tactics have done little to increase the entertainment value. Whereas tiki-taka has been used by elite clubs to elude opponents with snappy, progressive passes, the lower-league parody has seen the centre-back pass to the other centre-back, to the goalkeeper, to the deep-lying midfielder, to the centre-back, to the goalkeeper. Bored yet? If you’re not, try a stab of acute despondency instead, as that same centre-back is caught in possession and the ball gleefully thrashed into your team’s net."

Remind you of anything?

• Like 9

2 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

One of the best articles on the state of the actual football being played outside of the PL I've see. 

It summarises what is being posted on here.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, JHRover said:

There's two sides to it for me.

On the one side is Rovers - its owners, management and actions, on the other side is football and life in general.

On the Rovers side I don't think there's much I need to say that hasn't already been said. I can cope with a lack of success, I can cope with not spending money, I can cope with struggling, I can cope with being in the Championship or below. What I can't cope with is negligent owners, who think their responsibility extends simply as far as signing the cheques every year and nothing more, I can't cope with a CEO who treats supporters with contempt, intent on milking them for every penny he can not to benefit the club, but simply to meet his own targets and justify his continued employment and massive renumeration.

There's nothing that angers me more than knowing some fly by night shyster(s) on a 6 figure salary is taking the complete p1ss out of me and everyone else who spends their hard earned money going to Ewood.

The whole Club is in a rut, leaderless and pointless, going nowhere and going through the motions, anyone who wants or expects better greeted with the usual 'can't do' attitude. Matchday is a dismal experience created by a couldn't care less attitude from those working there.

The people below the owners are happy just to remain in situ, collecting their huge wages keeping things ticking over whilst the Club treads water. There's no plan beyond the next 6-12 months other than arse covering and justifying continued positions.

A lot of it is on the other side and not really anything to do with Rovers, but it all contributes to feeling fed up and sick of it all. Sky TV, ridiculous kick off times, scandalous ticket prices, never ending rule changes, VAR, virtue signalling.

All I want to be able to do is go and watch my team play and enjoy my Saturday yet it seems they are hell bent on depriving me of that by putting obstacles and barriers in place at every turn.

The experience of Covid brought things more clearly into focus. I realised that I didn't really miss not going to games and that I was quite content to sit at home and watch on TV, saving myself vast amounts of money and hassle.

Since Covid I've got back into the routine of going but unlike before I really don't care if I miss a game or two. Likewise Rotherham last week I left after an hour, the earliest I have ever left a game. Bored witless and fed up so I'll spend my time in the pub instead. Off to Bristol tomorrow but it is more about the day out, trip and a few drinks than it is about watching the match.

Hi mate you up for a Bristol pub meet before the game tomorrow? Cheers 

On 15/01/2023 at 22:10, Oldgregg86 said:

I’d be lying if I haven’t wrestled with the points your making. I just think the hole left if I stopped going t’rovers and meeting the people there and the craic on the coach and visiting new places would be to much to fill . Plus,  quiet simply the scumbags in India have took everything else, there not having that n all. I just have to tell myself it’s a social day out and what else would you do instead when I start over contemplating the bigger picture, but it’s not the same and I doubt it ever will be until something gives. I keep the faith and hope that at 36 age is on my side to ride through it. 

Cost of living , shite weather and being on sky every game doesn’t help either. I’ve had to miss a few games with work and watched on sky. Yesterday being a prime example makes me think thank god  I didn’t go and spend x amount to witness that and stayed in the warmth and I think a lot of people feel the same when wins are so shot shy and losses are appalling

I took a break around 2010 for a few years.

had different priorities in my life.

can always come back and enjoy later 

I lost interest after the blackpool protest the fans not willing to stand up for the club left a bad taste. I eventually came back but it doesnt feel like it used to, i mainly go now to bring my lad along. We live in Manchester now and i'd hate for him to support either Manchester team. The apathy around the senior management of the club waggott and co the bellend nature of our online fans on twitter and facebook make it easy to switch off

• Like 5

I suppose it all comes down to that famous Bobby Robson quote re what is a ‘football club’?

For me Blackburn Rovers is the fans, I.e the connection me, my family and friends have with each other (and with other fans) through the club, and its history and heritage. Plonkers like Swag just happen to be temporary administrators. 

I love ‘the club’ as much as ever, and that’s why I despise the time servers currently letting it wither on the vine and waste so much potential.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

51 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I suppose it all comes down to that famous Bobby Robson quote re what is a ‘football club’?

For me Blackburn Rovers is the fans, I.e the connection me, my family and friends have with each other (and with other fans) through the club, and its history and heritage. Plonkers like Swag just happen to be temporary administrators. 

I love ‘the club’ as much as ever, and that’s why I despise the time servers currently letting it wither on the vine and waste so much potential.

That's the real hurt for me too. I want everyone connected to Rovers to have the passion that I have, the hurt I feel when things go wrong and the commitment we show as people who care about the club. We have had the complete antithesis of this since 2011 and under the current structure I don't see it changing. Sometimes I really wish I could walk away and 'watch' another team but I am too involved emotionally with Rovers and that adds to the angst and frustration.

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

That's the real hurt for me too. I want everyone connected to Rovers to have the passion that I have, the hurt I feel when things go wrong and the commitment we show as people who care about the club. We have had the complete antithesis of this since 2011 and under the current structure I don't see it changing. Sometimes I really wish I could walk away and 'watch' another team but I am too involved emotionally with Rovers and that adds to the angst and frustration.

I’d never watch another team although after the appointment of Coyle I walked away from the club until he left. Not because he was an ex Dingle but because he’d failed badly everywhere he’d been apart from Burnley. It was so obvious he was going to fail badly at Rovers. I have the added burden of being a season ticket holder at a struggling, bottom  tier, rugby league club. When they both lose, on Saturday and Sunday, it really ruins your weekend. 

• Like 2