BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

You’ve lost that loving feeling?

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’ve not watched MOTD since we left the Prem. Not once.

I can remember watching it sporadically for the first couple of years after we were relegated, more out of habit than anything else. Nowadays I'll maybe catch it if there's a surprising result, but it's not like that happens too often these days. I think the last MOTD I watched was early in the season when Brentford beat Man Utd 4-0. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DE. said:

I can remember watching it sporadically for the first couple of years after we were relegated, more out of habit than anything else. Nowadays I'll maybe catch it if there's a surprising result, but it's not like that happens too often these days. I think the last MOTD I watched was early in the season when Brentford beat Man Utd 4-0. 

I didn’t even watch the twice yearly thrashing of the dingles by City. That’s how fed up of it all I was.

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I didn’t even watch the twice yearly thrashing of the dingles by City. That’s how fed up of it all I was.

Tbf I never watched anything specific to Burnley whilst they were in the PL. To me it feels very small time to gloat over their defeats in the Premier League whilst we were going nowhere in the Championship. 

• Like 6

Lost interest in the main, the football is dire and i cannot relate with the club or its management team.

However i have friends i only see at football, so will look for my season ticket at some point this month (cant remember where i put it) and drag myself there for the first time since i went the Burnley game against Wigan.

Not sure if the mid season break impacted things, or the second meeting with Waggott where i realised all hopes I clinged to were lost, and like the Ex Wife, i just dont know this club anymore.

• Like 4

I lost all interest after the Fulham game last year. After a 4 hour trip to get to Ewood from Northampton, I had to watch our worst ever defeat, after the match complete apathy, no apology for the performance. I was livid and any self respecting owner would have sacked the Muppet after that and I still had what ended up being a 6 hour drive back due to roadworks and detours.

Since then I have been to one home game and a few away games but each time I go there just seems to be more and more apathy about the place and our fans. Also I spend now more time with the family and try not to get invested in us. 

Edited by phili
Spelling mistake
  • Like 6

We are still invested in Rovers, that's why we come on here to say we're not.

I still believe that the soul of Rovers exists. The Rovers I knew through the 60's until the chickens came to roost.

They are doing there damndest to kill the body* but the soul they never will.

*And it's on fucking purpose and I don't give a fig for any alternative view.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

One day they will be gone.

Please don't give me that sort of hope. It's the hope that kills you.

If they still own the club in thirty years' time, all of my passion would've been extinguished, that's if I'm still alive then.

I find their ownership very difficult to accept. They may own the club, but they don't t own me, and I may have to take up crown green bowls instead

29 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I still believe that the soul of Rovers exists. The Rovers I knew through the 60's until the chickens came to roost.

Absolutely 100%

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

I think my lack of interest can be summed up by the fact that, despite having followed every game of ours over the last 10 years, either in person, via stream or by radio, around 90 percent of those games have been erased from my mind. It's not an age thing, as if you were to ask me what happened against Derby in 1996 I'll tell you in detail off the top of my head. Random game, West Brom away 2002? Same. I'll even tell you what night it was on. Huddersfield away in 2018? Nope. Swansea at home in 2019? Nope. I couldn't tell you from memory. It has mostly been forgettable shite for well over 10 years.

I'll be honest, the only thing that keeps me interested are the memories of old and the faint hope (at present) that one day we might get back to something like what we were. The true Rovers, before these bastards took over. There isn't much about the last 12 years or the present day Rovers that has had me excited or positive about the future of the club.

The hope I retain is that we will start the road to recovery once this lot sell up. The day they sell up, it will feel like a huge weight has been lifted from the club. That day can't come soon enough.

The thought of that is keeping me watching, wishing, that somebody might fluke something for us until that point and have us in the Prem before the bastards decide they want out. I don't for one second expect them to shell out Premier League level transfer fees and wages, so hopefully that's the point they will clear off. I believe there will be interest in us as a Premier League club, a lot more than there is at present, IMO. We just need to get there, somehow.

To the neutral and the bitter rival it seems as though we are complaining because Uncle Jack is no longer around. I know, as I have had such remarks from them. They have no idea. They say "but you are third" and "but they've spent over £200m", "but they are still paying the bills". What we have lost over the past 12 years and the damage that has been done can't be put into words and goes beyond money. It will never be understood by outsiders. 1995 has nothing to do with the anger that has been felt since this lot turned up and ruined the club.

The very heart of the club, everything that made me proud about it has been thrown away in such a disgusting manner by people who have no interest in football and who, IMO, have no right being anywhere near the club. Desperado after desperado appointed in the dugout and in the boardroom, the club reduced to an unrecognisable, hollow shell.

Then we have insulting marketing from total losers lucky to be at the club. "We're committed, are you?" Committed to what? Brown nosing the idiots in Pune and telling us how difficult it is to compete? F.O!! Then you have that bastard in Marketing saying "there's nothing special about Blackburn Rovers". He's lucky this isn't Italy. It's making my blood boil just thinking about all of this.

The biggest problem for me is the lack of care. Nobody at the club, in a senior position, gives a shit. Excuses are made for mediocrity, excuses are made as to why we can't compete. A winning mentality seems to be frowned upon and expectations are played down in public. How do I then get excited, about what? Selling kids to the big clubs in 3 years time? Again, F.O!!

We're constantly being fed bullshit about a project. A journey leading precisely nowhere. Mowbray had five years and wasted them. This lot want three more, and think we can get there with Academy kids. It's a farce. A total farce. I'm sorry, I can't get behind any of it. Nothing against any fellow fan who is being optimistic and positive. That's fair enough, we're all trying to make the best of it, but I personally can't do it, even though I have tried. Not when I perceive the tossers at the top to be taking the piss out of us.

I still watch the Premier League, MOTD and all the rest of it, and it hurts to see the likes of Brighton, Brentford etc taking it to the big boys, as that's exactly what we used to do and more. We had it, but it was thrown away by idiots. We can all accept a natural decline, but not this bullshit.

What hurts even more, is realising that we aren't a normal club with any real aspirations of getting back there. We're just existing without genuine hope, whilst a new character is wheeled out telling us the owners want promotion. It's only us, the fans, who are truly fiercely ambitious and want the club to get back up. There's a huge void where there should be care, ambition and a board worthy of the name at the club, and that is what has killed and is killing the interest of many.

10/10.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

No hope of resurrection, while they remain....

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

I think my lack of interest can be summed up by the fact that, despite having followed every game of ours over the last 10 years, either in person, via stream or by radio, around 90 percent of those games have been erased from my mind. It's not an age thing, as if you were to ask me what happened against Derby in 1996 I'll tell you in detail off the top of my head. Random game, West Brom away 2002? Same. I'll even tell you what night it was on. Huddersfield away in 2018? Nope. Swansea at home in 2019? Nope. I couldn't tell you from memory. It has mostly been forgettable shite for well over 10 years.

I'll be honest, the only thing that keeps me interested are the memories of old and the faint hope (at present) that one day we might get back to something like what we were. The true Rovers, before these bastards took over. There isn't much about the last 12 years or the present day Rovers that has had me excited or positive about the future of the club.

The hope I retain is that we will start the road to recovery once this lot sell up. The day they sell up, it will feel like a huge weight has been lifted from the club. That day can't come soon enough.

The thought of that is keeping me watching, wishing, that somebody might fluke something for us until that point and have us in the Prem before the bastards decide they want out. I don't for one second expect them to shell out Premier League level transfer fees and wages, so hopefully that's the point they will clear off. I believe there will be interest in us as a Premier League club, a lot more than there is at present, IMO. We just need to get there, somehow.

To the neutral and the bitter rival it seems as though we are complaining because Uncle Jack is no longer around. I know, as I have had such remarks from them. They have no idea. They say "but you are third" and "but they've spent over £200m", "but they are still paying the bills". What we have lost over the past 12 years and the damage that has been done can't be put into words and goes beyond money. It will never be understood by outsiders. 1995 has nothing to do with the anger that has been felt since this lot turned up and ruined the club.

The very heart of the club, everything that made me proud about it has been thrown away in such a disgusting manner by people who have no interest in football and who, IMO, have no right being anywhere near the club. Desperado after desperado appointed in the dugout and in the boardroom, the club reduced to an unrecognisable, hollow shell.

Then we have insulting marketing from total losers lucky to be at the club. "We're committed, are you?" Committed to what? Brown nosing the idiots in Pune and telling us how difficult it is to compete? F.O!! Then you have that bastard in Marketing saying "there's nothing special about Blackburn Rovers". He's lucky this isn't Italy. It's making my blood boil just thinking about all of this.

The biggest problem for me is the lack of care. Nobody at the club, in a senior position, gives a shit. Excuses are made for mediocrity, excuses are made as to why we can't compete. A winning mentality seems to be frowned upon and expectations are played down in public. How do I then get excited, about what? Selling kids to the big clubs in 3 years time? Again, F.O!!

We're constantly being fed bullshit about a project. A journey leading precisely nowhere. Mowbray had five years and wasted them. This lot want three more, and think we can get there with Academy kids. It's a farce. A total farce. I'm sorry, I can't get behind any of it. Nothing against any fellow fan who is being optimistic and positive. That's fair enough, we're all trying to make the best of it, but I personally can't do it, even though I have tried. Not when I perceive the tossers at the top to be taking the piss out of us.

I still watch the Premier League, MOTD and all the rest of it, and it hurts to see the likes of Brighton, Brentford etc taking it to the big boys, as that's exactly what we used to do and more. We had it, but it was thrown away by idiots. We can all accept a natural decline, but not this bullshit.

What hurts even more, is realising that we aren't a normal club with any real aspirations of getting back there. We're just existing without genuine hope, whilst a new character is wheeled out telling us the owners want promotion. It's only us, the fans, who are truly fiercely ambitious and want the club to get back up. There's a huge void where there should be care, ambition and a board worthy of the name at the club, and that is what has killed and is killing the interest of many.

Great post.

I actually do get angry with those who cannot see.

This charade has been going on too long for it to be anything other that a grift.

I get in problems on here only when I take the bait, post to quickly and ignore my 3 minute rule.

Thank goodness for multiquote so I can ignore a whole pile of garbage with the flick of one finger.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

Well said and is almost exactly how I feel too. I almost feel guilt for introducing my 8 year old grandson to it. He goes to school in Preston and tells his mates Blackburn Rovers are the best!!!

• Like 4

14 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

Well, you've certainly struck a chord there @SuperBrfc! Your final paragraph is simply magnificent.

My equivalent of the games you refer to from the "good old days" is the game we played at home to Plymouth Argyle on 15th February 1975. A Division 3 game - a bit like Ipswich Town v. Plymouth Argyle last weekend. Only ours was 2nd (us) v. 1st (Plymouth) and with only a quarter of the game gone, we were 0-2 down. But we ended up 5-2 winners and, to quote Max Boyce, "I know; I was there!!"

And that game will be etched in my memory till the day I die.  Although the Match of the Day contract of that era committed the BBC to showing a very limited number of Division 3 and 4 games a season, that game wasn't shown because it clashed with the 5th Round of the Cup.

Compare and contrast: can anyone imagine the present day Rovers management/squad being able to effect a turnaround like that?! I don't have Sky, so was listening to the Manchester Derby on Radio 5 last Saturday when they suddenly went over to their reporter at Ewood for a "shock scoreline" 32 seconds into the game! None of you on here will be surprised to know I'd worked out "the shock" before their reporter confirmed it for me.

Oh; and my stand on Match of the Day is that I won't watch if Danny Murphy's one of the ex-players (he might as well have been one of them when we used to pay him!) pontificating!

• Like 2

I simply feel as though I'm stuck in an abusive relationship with Rovers.

Almost all I get from them is disappointment and anger, but I can't walk away from it all.  I suppose deep down I KNOW it could be better, eventually, but when that might be nobody knows.

It's mainly a social event for me these days too, love my mates and we still manage to have some cracking days out regardless - the football is effectively just a minor part of the day.....

Burnley and Preston games really knocked the stuffing out of me this season, being honest I'm still not over either of them.  What's perfectly clear is neither game affected the players like it did me though.

The sad thing is I certainly don't see things changing any time soon on the pitch unless we pull 3 or 4 cracking signings off in the next few weeks.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, R0verb0y said:

Well, you've certainly struck a chord there @SuperBrfc! Your final paragraph is simply magnificent.

My equivalent of the games you refer to from the "good old days" is the game we played at home to Plymouth Argyle on 15th February 1975. A Division 3 game - a bit like Ipswich Town v. Plymouth Argyle last weekend. Only ours was 2nd (us) v. 1st (Plymouth) and with only a quarter of the game gone, we were 0-2 down. But we ended up 5-2 winners and, to quote Max Boyce, "I know; I was there!!"

And that game will be etched in my memory till the day I die.  Although the Match of the Day contract of that era committed the BBC to showing a very limited number of Division 3 and 4 games a season, that game wasn't shown because it clashed with the 5th Round of the Cup.

Compare and contrast: can anyone imagine the present day Rovers management/squad being able to effect a turnaround like that?! I don't have Sky, so was listening to the Manchester Derby on Radio 5 last Saturday when they suddenly went over to their reporter at Ewood for a "shock scoreline" 32 seconds into the game! None of you on here will be surprised to know I'd worked out "the shock" before their reporter confirmed it for me.

Oh; and my stand on Match of the Day is that I won't watch if Danny Murphy's one of the ex-players (he might as well have been one of them when we used to pay him!) pontificating!

I was there too, as a wet behind the ears nine year old. It still remains the best game I have ever seen, live or on TV. Maybe not for the skill level, but for the joy and excitement and the passion shown by the players, wearing the blue and white shirts with pride.

If we had just one person at the club these days with that sort of passion and commitment, we might stand a chance, but sadly, we don’t. 

• Like 2

Football is the few hours in the pub before. A laugh with my mates and the actual football is very much secondary at the minute. If I hadn't already got a season ticket I certainly wouldn't be getting tickets. I miss the day out over the summer so will renew no doubt. Sick of it again by Christmas 😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Danny O.Brien said:

Football is the few hours in the pub before. A laugh with my mates and the actual football is very much secondary at the minute. If I hadn't already got a season ticket I certainly wouldn't be getting tickets. I miss the day out over the summer so will renew no doubt. Sick of it again by Christmas 😂

Bingo.

And as much as you think “let’s just arrange something without the footy” you never do it. 

Understand what you mean, I've gone through the cycle a couple of times - when Kean and Shagnew were raping the club, I refused to have anything to do with it.

However, I've always gone full circle at some point - I remember just before the nosedive last season, I'd picked up a HST, my little lad was wanting to come to every game and games were a highlight most weekends. 

In a way, I'm gutted that I was only a kid when we were Prem champions, as I didn't enjoy or appreciate it the same way as I would now. We were the best team in the country, I'd not been alive during any years of hardship and with Jack around, there was no end in sight.

I can only imagine how amazing it must have been to have lived through the long period outside of the top flight, then go through the early 90's.

• Like 3

We're 5th in the league yet I feel utterly depressed about Rovers because it's obvious even to the likes of Chaddy that we're a poor outfit, will slowly sink down the table as the season progresses, haven't a hope in hell of finishing in the play-offs and nothing is going to change. 

I walked out of match for the first time in 60 years at Peterborough last spring as the Mowbray capitulation reached its end game but the some of the stuff served up by Tomasson has been even worse. I found myself shouting at the TV screen during the Rotherham match and eventually switched off for the good of my own health

The mood could all change of course if we made some good signings this window, some players who have been about a bit and will actually strengthen the team, and the club actually showed some ambition by spending some money. The silence however as always is deafening and I expect we'll get some last-minute desperate 18-year-old loanees in just to keep the supporters happy but who won't make a blind bit of difference to the team. 

And so it goes on, year after year 

• Like 6

So much of this resonates with me. 

To me though it's simple, under Venkys it's the first time I've thought winning games wasn't the primary objective.

We've had some pretty shoddy managers before who've massively struggled with that objective but I've never thought prior to Venkys that wasn't what we were aiming for. 

12 years of that. No wonder fans have left or are losing their passion for the club. 

• Like 5