BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

You’ve lost that loving feeling?

On 17/01/2023 at 12:33, Ossydave said:

I simply feel as though I'm stuck in an abusive relationship with Rovers.

The sad thing is I certainly don't see things changing any time soon on the pitch unless we pull 3 or 4 cracking signings off in the next few weeks.

And I guess we all knew what the odds were on that happening!! Well, why should things suddenly change under this ownership??

Here's something that most of you will find minor that, for me, typifies the state of the operational side of the club.

I'm in the middle of a digital cleanup of my online accounts and noticed I had an account for Rovers Select. This was an official app that turned out to be related to gambling on Rovers games. I uninstalled it quickly when I realised that none of that is my bag.

I don't think the app exists anymore, yet their Twitter account is still up and running. It's all official, including a lovely banner with a player who is no longer at the club, and a latest Tweet from one and a half years ago. The link to the website is dead.

On its own, I know it doesn't look like a major deal, but I really think it sets the lazy and uncaring tone for the operational side of the club - that they can't even be bothered putting closure on a digital venture that they decided to forget about. Does anybody in a position of responsibility at Rovers really care?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, goozburger said:

Here's something that most of you will find minor that, for me, typifies the state of the operational side of the club.

I'm in the middle of a digital cleanup of my online accounts and noticed I had an account for Rovers Select. This was an official app that turned out to be related to gambling on Rovers games. I uninstalled it quickly when I realised that none of that is my bag.

I don't think the app exists anymore, yet their Twitter account is still up and running. It's all official, including a lovely banner with a player who is no longer at the club, and a latest Tweet from one and a half years ago. The link to the website is dead.

On its own, I know it doesn't look like a major deal, but I really think it sets the lazy and uncaring tone for the operational side of the club - that they can't even be bothered putting closure on a digital venture that they decided to forget about. Does anybody in a position of responsibility at Rovers really care?

There is no responsibility at Rovers. 

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead

First time I’ve ever thought about not renewing my season ticket for next season. No ambition, no plan and no clue from those in charge. 
Well done to all involved, over 30 years of being a fan and you’ve managed to break me…

• Like 9

On 07/02/2023 at 13:42, K-Hod said:

First time I’ve ever thought about not renewing my season ticket for next season. No ambition, no plan and no clue from those in charge. 
Well done to all involved, over 30 years of being a fan and you’ve managed to break me…

Hope you mention this point at the next fans forum meeting as its very important IMO.

• Moderation Lead
14 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Birdy and crew will probably lobby for a disloyal fan like him to be removed from the FF instead…

I’m more than capable of removing myself and I’ve definitely been that way out since the window.

• Moderation Lead
1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

What’s the general vibe on the FF, K-Hod?

Is it heads in the sand stuff re crowds etc? ‘We agree Steve, what else can you do?’ Or is there a robust exchange with him?

It’s respectful, but people get stuck in I suppose! Some things said recently (all minuted anyway, I’m not giving away trade secrets) have concerned me greatly though, I can’t lie.

• Moderation Lead
10 minutes ago, aletheia said:

KHod

Some things said recently (all minuted anyway, I’m not giving away trade secrets) have concerned me greatly though, I can’t lie.

Are you able to elaborate on those concerns?

It was when Steve Waggott retorted to my comment about our season ticket sales, with ‘I bet they didn’t make as much as us thought, did they?’

I’m worried that those in the corridors of power don’t get the fan base at all and the lack of even considering lowering season ticket prices was odd.

They mentioned that they’d ‘done a cheap ticket offer for the Birmingham cup game’ and there wasn’t much take up, so cheap tickets don’t always work and all this sort of thing. I highlighted that the 3rd round FA Cup is always poorly attended.

I think my main worry is that they give up too easily and hide behind easy excuses of parachute payments and all that.

Like ‘oh well, they get more money than us, so we might as well not bother competing with them. It’s the seemingly defeatist mindset that I just can’t get on board with tbh.

• Like 2