BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2023-24 - what could/should be offered ?

Season Ticket Estimate

Latest: 8,197 (+12)

Notes:

• The estimate is based upon the total number of saleable seats to home supporters (18,210), minus the amount of unavailable (sold) seats.
  • (+xx) represents the difference in season ticket sales from the previous estimate (usually 24 hours).
  • 159 seats in block W01 are marked as unavailable (sold), but are not saleable due to being cordoned-off. These are therefore excluded from the season ticket estimate.
  • 376 seats for supporters requiring ground-level font-row access are marked as unavailable (sold), but appear to be block-reserved rather than fully sold. These are therefore excluded from the season ticket estimate.
  • A seat is marked as unavailable for up to 28 minutes when added to the basket. It is not possible to exclude these from the estimate.

4 hours ago, goozburger said:

Season Ticket Estimate

Latest: 8,197 (+12)

Notes:

• The estimate is based upon the total number of saleable seats to home supporters (18,210), minus the amount of unavailable (sold) seats.
  • (+xx) represents the difference in season ticket sales from the previous estimate (usually 24 hours).
  • 159 seats in block W01 are marked as unavailable (sold), but are not saleable due to being cordoned-off. These are therefore excluded from the season ticket estimate.
  • 376 seats for supporters requiring ground-level font-row access are marked as unavailable (sold), but appear to be block-reserved rather than fully sold. These are therefore excluded from the season ticket estimate.
  • A seat is marked as unavailable for up to 28 minutes when added to the basket. It is not possible to exclude these from the estimate.

How does the current figure compare to this time last year Gooz?

On 21/06/2022 at 22:40, goozburger said:

Season Ticket Estimate

Latest: 7,425 (-1)

Previous Updates
Monday 20th June: 7,426 (+221)
Sunday 19th June 2022: 7,205 (+15)
Saturday 18th June 2022: 7,190 (+108)

Friday 17th June 2022: 7,082 (+8)
Thursday 16th June 2022: 7,074 (+39)
Wednesday 15th June 2022: 7,035 (first count)

Notes & Disclaimers

• This is an estimate based on visibility of true seat availability in the ticketing seat map.
  • (+xx) represents the number of season tickets sold since the previous estimate (usually 24 hours).
  • 159 unavailable seats in W01 are not saleable and therefore excluded from the estimate.
  • ~2,256 unavailable seats are reserved for last season's non-renewers until 30th June. These are excluded from the estimate until visibility of true seat availability returns.

6 minutes ago, Butty said:

How does the current figure compare to this time last year Gooz?

We’re miles ahead…

Not sure that’s miles, but ahead all the same - though not necessarily comparing apples and apples as it was an earlier end to the early bird this time.

We had 8,779 sold last summer which feels to me a similar figure to what we’ll have this time too (we actually finished with 9,300 including half ST holders), alas treading water is the best it will be at these prices, even on the back of our best league position in a decade.

Edited by Mattyblue

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

600 ahead as of a date of 21st June (not sure that’s miles, but ahead all the same) - though not necessarily comparing apples and apples as it was an earlier end to the early bird this time.

We had 8,779 sold last summer which feels to me a similar figure to what we’ll have this time too.

I was being somewhat facetious (not sure if there’s an emoji I could have used!)

At least we’ve stopped going even further backwards, I suppose, after the nadir of 6,995 in 21/22.

Imagine being relived to be selling c8,800 STs as a top end Championship club 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, JHRover said:

So despite a price 'cut' we are going to struggle to match last seasons sales after spending all season in the top 6.

How Waggott or anyone else can be happy or comfortable with that I do not know.

we have sold more than we did last season unless you are using the overall sale figure from last season. 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

we have sold more than we did last season unless you are using the overall sale figure from last season. 

Why wouldn't I use the overall figure from last season?

Presumably you are quite happy with the 8000 rattling around Ewood and the 'efforts' made by the Club to increase it.

I'm not 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Why wouldn't I use the overall figure from last season?

Presumably you are quite happy with the 8000 rattling around Ewood and the 'efforts' made by the Club to increase it.

I'm not 

of course I'm not happy and would have like to see Season tickets prices at least £100 cheaper than £379 that was the original price. I was against the price increase after the early bird offer. Some people are going through tough time financial at the minute and going to Ewood Park is their release for a couple of hours from that 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

of course I'm not happy and would have like to see Season tickets prices at least £100 cheaper than £379 that was the original price. I was against the price increase after the early bird offer. Some people are going through tough time financial at the minute and going to Ewood Park is their release for a couple of hours from that 

Well said, Chaddy

• Like 1

Season Ticket Estimate

Latest: 8,219 (+22)

Notes:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

We’re miles ahead…

The post that you quoted from last year had over 2,000 seats without true visibility, so I excluded them from that count. There were probably a couple of hundred or so.

Based on the average number of daily season ticket sales (currently 10) since I had reasonable visibility, the projected season ticket sales by the first day of the season would be 8,642.

Edited by goozburger
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

One of Chaddys most sensible posts from recent times.

100% agree

• Like 2

7 hours ago, goozburger said:

The post that you quoted from last year had over 2,000 seats without true visibility, so I excluded them from that count. There were probably a couple of hundred or so.

Based on the average number of daily season ticket sales (currently 10) since I had reasonable visibility, the projected season ticket sales by the first day of the season would be 8,642.

I'm sure we'll see a small spike in STs if JDT and Gregg carry on signing what looks like decent players who fit the system. 

9k is the dream.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, damo100 said:

I'm sure we'll see a small spike in STs if JDT and Gregg carry on signing what looks like decent players who fit the system. 

9k is the dream.

Which in itself, is fucking pathetic for Blackburn Rovers. Waggott out!

11 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Which in itself, is fucking pathetic for Blackburn Rovers. Waggott out!

I was being sarcastic, nobody wants Swag out more than me I can tell you.

We should be looking at ST sales of at least 13-14k.

But thanks to his 5-6 year tenure we don't grow our fanbase we lose longstanding fans and potential new generations. 

He infuriates me.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, damo100 said:

But thanks to his 5-6 year tenure we don't grow our fanbase we lose longstanding fans and potential new generations. 

He infuriates me.

Sorry mate I knew you were being sarcastic, wasn't a dig at you!

12 hours ago, goozburger said:

thanks for all the work you done in given us the number. I would expect a surge towards start of the season and people have had their summer holidays and want the Rovers fix

4 hours ago, damo100 said:

He infuriates me.

12k should be considered the absolute minimum.

You only have to sell four thousand as we all know 8k will buy them regardless.

Maggot is a lazy parasite.

• Like 2

Season Ticket Estimate

Latest: 8,367 (+148)

Notes:

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Season Ticket Estimate

Latest: 8,367 (+148)

Notes:

Thanks as always The Burg'. Interesting to see a spike like that...