BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2023-24 - what could/should be offered ?

At best an actual freeze for everybody, at worst a ‘held’ price at the post early bird price. So £429 to £529 for existing ST holders and even more for any potential new/returning fan.

No chance of any reductions as Swag is on FF record delighted that he can hit his revenue targets with just 9,000 sold. So why would he bother taking any risks with hitting said target (and his bonus, of course!)?

A new policy will only happen with a new CEO.

Edited by Mattyblue

Alas that lot aren’t going any decade soon, whereas there is a long signposted retirement of the present failure, so a new CEO could well have a new approach to hitting revenue targets. 

It’s our only hope, so we might as well stop worrying about the club actually attempting to increase numbers until he does feck off (or a miraculous promotion does it for them).

Edited by Mattyblue

Cheaper, affordable, imaginative offers equals more fans who spend more at the ground on a matchday.

Please no-one come out with bollocks that a few more thousand is gonna cripple the club due to more police/stewards.

It's like we're the only club in the football league who suffer from this.

How wonderful would it be if attendances rose to 15/16k instead of 11/12k

It could be done if Swag got his prices and initiatives right.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

More likely it will be closed, presumably it’s been a back pocket plan ever since the cameras were switched…

Totally agree. But I will hate it when it inevitably happens. In my opinion, the Riverside is more a part of the Rovers history, than the Nuttal street. 

Of course it could be done, damo, but it won’t happen due to Swag already believing he is pricing it right as he’s hitting his revenue target.

People need to get any hopes of enticing pricing out their head and understand he is not remotely interested in more bums on seats as a mere 9k of sales  hits his targets - plus that makes it a piece of piss operation at Ewood to manage too, so win win in his book.

He has zero interest in growing the fanbase in the middle to long term as he’ll be gone long before that, so he certainly won’t be risking his bonus so the playing plebs can have a cheaper ticket.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

Of course it could be done, damo, but it won’t happen due to Swag already believing he is pricing it right as he’s hitting his revenue target.

People need to get any hopes of enticing pricing out their head and understand he is not remotely interested in more bums on seats as a mere 9k of sales  hits his targets - plus that makes it a piece of piss operation at Ewood to manage too, so win win in his book.

He has zero interest in growing the fanbase in the middle to long term as he’ll be gone long before that, so he certainly won’t be risking his bonus so the playing plebs can have a cheaper ticket.

So what has got to happen is for people not to buy season tickets, if they are overpriced. Waggot may then not hit his target. Questions may then be asked. 

With our surprisingly good League performances of the last 2 seasons (being in the top 6 for most of them) this has come with an added issue, that of so many more games being selected by Sky for live broadcast.

So much so that we have 2 Saturday 3pm home league games in 2023 - Swansea last week and Luton last home game of the season.

I'd imagine this nonsense alone will lead a few to question whether it is worthwhile buying an already expensive ST only to see most of the games shifted to annoying or inconvenient times.

The Club are well compensated for these fixture changes by Sky - my view is that some of that compensation should be used to reduce ticket prices to offset some of the inconvenience but of course that is wishful thinking with Waggott in charge. Instead the prices keep on going up whilst the extra money the Club gets is never seen.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, JHRover said:

With our surprisingly good League performances of the last 2 seasons (being in the top 6 for most of them) this has come with an added issue, that of so many more games being selected by Sky for live broadcast.

So much so that we have 2 Saturday 3pm home league games in 2023 - Swansea last week and Luton last home game of the season.

I'd imagine this nonsense alone will lead a few to question whether it is worthwhile buying an already expensive ST only to see most of the games shifted to annoying or inconvenient times.

The Club are well compensated for these fixture changes by Sky - my view is that some of that compensation should be used to reduce ticket prices to offset some of the inconvenience but of course that is wishful thinking with Waggott in charge. Instead the prices keep on going up whilst the extra money the Club gets is never seen.

Good post. It's a disgrace that there are so few 3pm Ewood kick offs. It be interesting to know exactly how many have been moved. 

How much is each televised game worth to Rovers? 

12 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

It feels like we’ve been on as much, if not more, than the top 2.

Very odd.

There's normally method to the madness. I know, for example, that a few podcasts on twitter seem to get far more interactions when they mention us/talk down about us. There are others with similar numbers, but when we're mentioned there's a lot of interest. Can only assume this is shown in the tv numbers too.

11 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

I’m feeling lazy 😁 - how much money does that save (for adults) vs buying on a match by match basis?

Only 1 mid-week match there (2 if Burnley gets moved to mid-week though that wouldn't be discounted anyway you wouldn't think).

So 3 x £25 (Norwich, Hull, Luton) 1 x £20 (Coventry) and 1 x £30 (Burnley) so saving of £26 in total. Could attend 4 out of 5 and still get better value than paying for all 5 individually. 

Essentially throwing in 1 game for free.

I don't hate it, and surprising good timing to release the offer/details with fans on a high so I'd compliment that. They should sell a few too. Would still like to see some form of £10 adult £5 senior, £1 kid style offer for Norwich or Luton.

Edited by superniko
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, superniko said:

Only 1 mid-week match there (2 if Burnley gets moved to mid-week though that wouldn't be discounted anyway you wouldn't think).

So 3 x £25 (Norwich, Hull, Luton) 1 x £20 (Coventry) and 1 x £30 (Burnley) so saving of £26 in total. Could attend 4 out of 5 and still get better value than paying for all 5 individually. 

Thanks for working that out for me.

Seem like a decent offer then, only problem is if someone can’t ‘commit’ to attending until closer to match day (date for Burnley unknown, not sure if others could still be moved)

Maybe a slight tweak would be that it’s £99 if you buy tickets to all five matches even if you do so ‘match by match’

They certainly are trying - that’s an improvement in itself 

Edited by wilsdenrover

A ‘quarter ST’ is better than doing nowt but at £99 to £120 (I.e £20 a game in the Blackburn End/Riverside up to £24 in the JWU) it’s not really going to move the dial, as if you are still a floating fan by this stage of the season it’s because you can’t/won’t commit to every game, and if you can’t make just one of the five there’s no saving anyway.

It will sell a few hundred, but a well timed announcement though, which makes a change.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Hopefully Steve heeds advice from basically the whole of the world that season tickets are released early (well, early for us and within in a normal time frame for the rest of the footballing fraternity) and with a reasonable price point.

£299 for basically everywhere in the ground other than the JW upper at £350 would be a good offer I bet a good number of people will take up.

Oh they would, especially if we finish the season strongly. 

But I think it’s pretty clear from the last FF minutes that there will be no reductions, so it will be a held price at best (I wouldn’t bet against a rise).

Edited by Mattyblue

27 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Oh they would, especially if we finish the season strongly. 

But I think it’s pretty clear from the last FF minutes that there will be no reductions, so it will be a held price at best (I wouldn’t bet against a rise).

Don't disgaree Matty. I sent Mr. W****** an email outlining why I thought this was a futile approach (see the Waggot thread) and if everyone feels the same I would implore them to to the same.

I didn't receive a response and doubt it got even more than a cursory glance but if a shed load of us do the same then it might make him take some notice at least

£299 just seems a no brainer really. £1m difference between that and £399 we have recently charged, and that's without any potential increases in sales and other knock on benefits. 

We've literally made that already on cup runs this season that we haven't had previously. If anything, put the bonus cup money to ST prices for a trial year. Who knows, we sell 5k more than the year before then maybe there is something to it. We sell the same amount as LY then Waggott can say 'told you so'

Edited by superniko