BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2023-24 - what could/should be offered ?

5 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I've not done the maths, but after missing 2 home league games this season and coupled with these recent offers, I doubt that I've saved much, if anything at all, through buying a season ticket.

I've just done the quick maths.

Based on a £399 season ticket, (presuming the Luton match on the 29th April stays at Category B prices) if you had purchased every game separately this season in the Blackburn End it would have cost you £523.75.

Obviously more for JW Upper wings/Centre etc.

• Like 1

• Backroom

That's why I would personally base a ST on £10-15/per game price. So £230 (£10) cheapest adult ticket, £345 (£15) most expensive.

There's sufficient wiggle room in there for the club to commit to 'Twenty's Plenty' for walk-ons, while adding £10/£15 offers without short-changing STHs.

• Like 2

Prices will at best stay static, but every chance they will go up again (so pushing £500 for any new/returning fan), so we can wave goodbye to even hitting the heady heights of five figures (presuming no promotion), especially when most games have been on Sky since December.

Sign in to your online ticket account and you’ll see a renewal option for season tickets next season.

Mine in the Riverside is down to £379. 20 quid reduction.

Not the pricing structure I’d have hoped for, but could’ve been worse.

It's a move in the right direction and if it ends up being charged that way then it suggests a penny has dropped upstairs that prices were just too high.

Suspect that even £379 starting price for a renewal will still be top end Championship and suspect a non-renewer will still be £400+ so still steep compared to local clubs.

But at the very least it should ensure an increase in sales on the last few years as you'd like to think almost all who had one this year will renew and maybe a few more on top.

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Prices will at best stay static, but every chance they will go up again (so pushing £500 for any new/returning fan), so we can wave goodbye to even hitting the heady heights of five figures (presuming no promotion), especially when most games have been on Sky since December.

Wrong again my friend 😂

5 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

The best we'll see is a price freeze of this seasons prices I think. 

Which will still mean a £30 increase for anyone who is a holder from before this season.

Wrong so seriously wrong like others😂

the club have actually listened and kept to their word about early release of ticket prices

5 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

the club have actually listened and kept to their word about early release of ticket prices

Not sure why you're on the wind up (over use of emojis) over this? £379 is still more than it should be? It's not going to get 1000s more back buying season tickets (unless we end up in the Premier League)

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I wouldn't say seriously wrong. A price cut is very uncharacteristic of Waggott and Rovers but it isn't a massive cut, and there are strings attached again.

I'm not criticising them because I expected a price hike as we've had every year before this but it's hardly revolutionary stuff, just a small saving if you do it quickly, and I wouldn't describe the end of March as 'early' to release prices. Earlier yes, but in the scheme of things not early. Some clubs have them on sale in January and have sold 10,000+ before we announce prices.

2 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

Not sure why you're on the wind up (over use of emojis) over this? £379 is still more than it should be? It's not going to get 1000s more back buying season tickets (unless we end up in the Premier League)

I am not winding him more proving a point about the negative post previously posted about ST prices

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

I wouldn't say seriously wrong. A price cut is very uncharacteristic of Waggott and Rovers but it isn't a massive cut, and there are strings attached again.

I'm not criticising them because I expected a price hike as we've had every year before this but it's hardly revolutionary stuff, just a small saving if you do it quickly, and I wouldn't describe the end of March as 'early' to release prices. Earlier yes, but in the scheme of things not early. Some clubs have them on sale in January and have sold 10,000+ before we announce prices.

Every little helps but for some the actual act of giving credit seems such a hard thing to do

• Like 2

Well it isn't the groundbreaker we really need but at least it's something and a reversal of the last 5 years mostly price hikes.

I think all the prices outside the standard adult bracket are really good value so hopefully the youth of East Lancs oll up in bigger numbers. Lets face it guys you've nowt else to do in Blackburn and Darwen these days.

I really hope we hit the 10k mark again and maybe beyond, the home form and results have really been worth it mostly over the last 2 seasons.  We have our downs as well as ups but we are going the right way and being moulded into a cracking little outfit again with the swing to younger players.

Team and head coach really need to do their bit and finish the season as strong as possible now.

• Like 2

I would have certainly liked something more radical in terms of pricing and innovation but I guess we have to be grateful for small mercies. For me it's about attracting new season ticket holders and I'm not certain this will entice too many. Waggott knows the usual 8500-9000 will generally renew irrespective of price so something like an 18 match flexi ticket to entice shift workers or fans travelling to midweek games who are reliant on public transport.

• Like 5

It's not mind blowing but people should be fairly happy with those prices.

IF we could manage to nail promotion those tickets become a lot more enticing, partly because there's less midweek games too. Let's be honest Sky wouldn't be mad on seeing us play every week either.

If the current feel good factor carries over I think we'll see a rise in season tickets anyway, but nothing major.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I am not winding him more proving a point about the negative post previously posted about ST prices

It is probably based on what has happened in the past numerous times, therefore was a very fair assumption.

£20 off and your first thought before barely anyone has posted (and those who have have been positive) is to childishly mock, as if anyone who is buying will be annoyed that they will be paying slightly less.

• Like 2

It’s a good deal, especially if promotion did happen 

You have to wonder what the price will be after the 26th May, especially if we are in the play off final

But at least long standing fans are rewarded with a price cut. It hopefully entices a few more too 

Always thought the ticket should be reduced depending how many years you have been a ST holder

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

What's quite annoying though, is the cost of my daughter's ticket.

She's still at college, but turned 18 last week.

Her ticket is therefore £189, versus £86 if she wasn't yet 18. That makes no sense.

I’m probably wrong so please feel free to correct me, but I understand the 18-23 price hike on the 17 and under, is due to them ‘assuming’ you’re working a full time job as an 18+ year old, and can therefore afford an extra £90 due to having full time (albeit likely low) income.

As I say that’s just a guess.

46 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

£379 until May 7th

£429 May 7th-May 26th

What are they going to be after May 26th?

It's better than I expected to be fair, not the needle mover that was needed though.

Not sure a "haha omg you are so wrong like all the others 😂😂😂" was needed though for the sake of £20. Had it been £100, fair enough!

• Like 8