BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2023-24 - what could/should be offered ?

14 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

It's works out at £16.48 per game. I think it's more than reasonable in my opinion

If you can attend every single game, and most will miss at least one or two games a season as a minimum.

I don't think that is cheap even in isolation for one game of the standard of Championship football, but obviously that price only stands when you buy 23 at once.

6 hours ago, Displaced Rover said:

This would be a fair argument if we actually played most games at 3pm on a Saturday. Given the amount of midweek games/silly kick off times on Sky, it becomes significantly more than £16 a game when you start to miss them.

I agree that for someone who lives round the corner from Ewood it’s a decent price.

That is also a fair argument that if you can't attend every home game. 

45 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If you can attend every single game, and most will miss at least one or two games a season as a minimum.

Well I do attend every single home league game. 

Do people miss at least one or 2 games a season as a minimum cos that not the impression I get where I sit cos the same people are there every home game

45 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I don't think that is cheap even in isolation for one game of the standard of Championship football, but obviously that price only stands when you buy 23 at once.

Well we will have to agree to disagree cos I think its cheap enough if you can attend every home game

24 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Loads of ST holders miss multiple games over a season. You’ve probably guessed I’m a pretty committed Rovers fan and even I’ve missed two.

When I had a season ticket I think I missed about 4 a season on average - generally when work meant I couldn’t get to Blackburn in time for evening games.

47 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

When I had a season ticket I think I missed about 4 a season on average - generally when work meant I couldn’t get to Blackburn in time for evening games.

I will be missing 5 home games this season and that's pretty normal for me. It's usually because we're away from home quite a bit but I can't see that changing much with a new granddaughter in London to dote over.

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Loads of ST holders miss multiple games over a season. You’ve probably guessed I’m a pretty committed Rovers fan and even I’ve missed two.

I miss every home evening game due to work ..unless i book the day off  ..but buy through habit ..same seat ..sat with family n friends ..30 odd years now ST ...daft ? maybe ..

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

They have to price based on a potential premier league season of football next year. £379 is just about stomachable for me. At least they’re out early this time and the club can make the most of the current feel good factor. It won’t result in 15,000 ST holders without a promotion though I don’t think.

But  the Club does seem to have moved in the right direction for once and at last? Somehow, what fans have been thinking for years has suddenly permeated the admin at Ewood. I'm not getting carried away, just feeling cautiously optimistic that this is a long-awaited attempt to rebuild the relationship with the fans.

After so many years some positivity around the Club is returning.

• Like 6

21 hours ago, redroser said:

Does any one know the amount of tickets we give away each match to schools or community groups? Also, does this count towards our attendance figure?

While I don't actually know who, if anyone, gets free tickets, I'm sure all tickets allocated count towards attendance figures.

However, as my school is one of those who does the Ewood Express, I can categorically state that these tickets are NOT given away. This has been levelled at Yasir Sufi many times on twitter and he keeps pointing this out. All tickets are paid for by various organisations and the children's families pay £8 (the most recent match we were involved with was Blackpool before it was cancelled). Next one we're doing is the Luton game and kids are absolutely buzzing (admittedly some are Utd fans etc but we do what we can to show them the light)...

• Like 2

I will be honest and say I was expecting a price freeze at £429 so to pay £379 for my ST is a welcome surprise. Yes, there will always be those who want to attend the majority of matches whilst missing a few but we have to be fair here and ask what was expected. £350? £300? Realistically, that was never going to happen. The possibility of a 'night matches excluded' type ticket isn't viable as it's impossible to know when matches might be re-arranged.

I must admit that a 10 or 15 game bundle sounds doable. Would the numbers taking it up warrant the extra admin? That sounds a very Rovers question but I'm inclined to say no it wouldn't. Let's not forget also that there remains a chance that these tickets will be for the Premier League. Rovers fans will obviously assume not but to an outsider we have every chance as things stand.

The time given to take up the offer seems reasonable to me too. At least one payday if not two and I really can't fault them for once. I'll pop down this week...

Edited by Riverside under the drip
  • Like 1

On 24/03/2023 at 16:47, Sweaty Gussets said:

Oh to be young again... 🙂 

You wouldn't want to be aged 18-23 in this world now though. The very thought of getting on the housing ladder is laughable for the majority of young people, especially in a town such as Blackburn where the average 18-23 year old earns less than the national average.

More on topic though, glad to see the prices come down somewhat. Pretty much every business in the country is raising prices in an effort to keep up with the lay of the land.

2 minutes ago, Riverside under the drip said:

I will be honest and say I was expecting a price freeze at £429 so to pay £379 for my ST is a welcome surprise. Yes, there will always be those who want to attend the majority of matches whilst missing a few but we have to be fair here and ask what was expected. £350? £300? Realistically, that was never going to happen. The possibility of a 'night matches excluded' type ticket isn't viable as it's impossible to know when matches might be re-arranged.

I must admit that a 10 or 15 game bundle sounds doable. Would the numbers taking it up warrant the extra admin? That sounds a very Rovers question but I'm inclined to say no it wouldn't. Let's not forget also that there remains a chance that these tickets will be for the Premier League. Rovers fans will obviously assume not but to an outsider we have every chance as things stand.

The time given to take up the offer seems reasonable to me too. At least one payday if not two and I really can't fault them for once. I'll pop down this week...

You state that realistically the £300-£350 was never going to happen. To get the numbers back that we all want, realistically those are the prices that need to happen. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

You wouldn't want to be aged 18-23 in this world now though. The very thought of getting on the housing ladder is laughable for the majority of young people, especially in a town such as Blackburn where the average 18-23 year old earns less than the national average.

More on topic though, glad to see the prices come down somewhat. Pretty much every business in the country is raising prices in an effort to keep up with the lay of the land.

I would.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rigger said:

You state that realistically the £300-£350 was never going to happen. To get the numbers back that we all want, realistically those are the prices that need to happen. 

29 pounds different between 379 and 350 which is about 2 pounds a month over a year. is that massive difference? 

It will be interesting to see what the uptake is before the deadline. They are out early as people wanted and give people time to plan and worked if they can commit to a season ticket plus work out the finances. 

Would you commit to ST if there was £300 to £350 then? 

1 minute ago, rigger said:

Then the point becomes: Numbers back to what?

I would argue that to get proper crowds of 20k+ again under Venkys in this league, it would take reductions well below £300. Let's say £329. That would undoubtedly increase numbers. To what though? My own opinion is 3k more. It's nothing more than a guess. There will always be the argument that a cheaper price means more fans. Some would argue they can't afford £200. It simply isn't ever going to be that cheap to buy a ST at Ewood no matter how much we hope. I don't think we'll ever see less than £379 again. Inflation for one. For two, the club's work in the Asian community is bearing fruit for all to see. It's not in the thousands yet but give it a decade and I think it will be.

Let's not kid ourselves. The ONLY way to actually get real numbers back is a hard reset of Premier League status and a Venkys apology/change of ownership. That would sway plenty I think at whatever price (maybe not £500!). Minus the apology, I think this price with promotion would get us gates ~16-18k. Establishing ourselves would increase new fan numbers back to where we should be.

That'll do me for now.