BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2023-24 - what could/should be offered ?

1 minute ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

You have to wonder what the price will be after the 26th May, especially if we are in the play off final

I've only just noticed that.

I presume one price grid was for before the end of the season, and the other grid was for the rest of the summer. 

There will obviously be a claim your seat deadline before they allow move-arounds, but it makes no sense to hike the prices up higher in June or July as those are the people who are undecided who need persuading. 

Happy they've brought them down a bit. The only gripe I have is not making the Riverside a more entry-level price point.

Firstly, I am very pleased that Rovers have listened to what people have said and released them early and hopefully we will see an another increase in sales. Its a small savings for fans which is something I guess. 

1 hour ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Mine's reduced from £459 to £417

I'm very surprised tbh.

Still far too much, mind you.

What price was you expecting or hoping for? 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Firstly, I am very pleased that Rovers have listened to what people have said and released them early and hopefully we will see an another increase in sales. Its a small savings for fans which is something I guess. 

Same as Bolton's and PNE's last summer would have been nice. About £280. 

• Like 1

Positive direction of travel. I can't quite bring myself to say that £380 is a good deal for second division football when the country is skint, but it's better than expected.

Probably the most pleasing thing is that they're announced at a proper time this year. Hopefully the team can carry on creating some more optimism for the club to capitalise on. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

Wrong again my friend 😂

I said at best ‘static’, but instead it’s gone down by a hefty £20, so not sure I should be swinging from the chandeliers, but hey ho it isn’t another increase, which I’m happy enough about, as at least the powers that be have realised you can only push a struggling demographic like our fanbase so far… but twenty quid ain’t exactly going to move the dial.

Edited by Mattyblue

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

I said at best ‘static’, but instead it’s gone down a hefty £20, but hey ho it isn’t another increase, which I’m happy enough about, as at least the powers that he have realised you can only push a struggling demographic like our fanbase so far… but twenty quid ain’t exactly going to move the dial.

I think the early release during a run of good form, combined with a slight decrease whilst everything else gets more expensive, and the possibility that these may be Premiership season tickets (along with uncertainty over whether prices will jump up in the Prem) should result in more sales though. Maybe not thousands, but it should sell better than last year. They're still a bit high for this area of the country and a demoralised fanbase, but it's a positive step for a change.

40 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

You have to wonder what the price will be after the 26th May, especially if we are in the play off final

The little tricksters are leaving that unsaid to get everyone to commit early through fear of a price hike! 

There's nothing like transparency, and that's nothing like it. 

Of course it’s a positive step, we’ve had increase after increase since 2019.

But at the end of the day £379 to £474 early bird and then back up the eye watering prices of last summer won’t see a vast increase if we stay in this division, but it’s something and at least they aren’t penalising new/returning fans anymore which was always a ridiculously anti-productive way to attempt to grow a fanbase.

Edited by Mattyblue

18 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

If you're 18-23 with no responsibilities they're giving them away at £179.00! Oh to be young again... 🙂 

Not specifically Rovers but funnily enough I was reading earlier how Forest have altered a load of their prices and if you're 19 you now pay full price (they've bumped those prices up too).

25 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Same as Bolton's and PNE's last summer would have been nice. About £280. 

what are the prices for next season? Bolton have released them as MattyBlue says. Can't find PNE have released owt. 

I know PNE had a massive problems with fans buying kids season tickets instead of adult season tickets. around 200 to 300 tickets I believe from PNE ST holder

Edited by chaddyrovers

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

what are the prices for next season? Bolton have released them as MattyBlue says. Can't find PNE have released owt. 

I know PNE had a massive problems with fans buying kids season tickets instead of adult season tickets. around 200 to 300 tickets I believe from PNE ST holder

No idea but they had a good response at both clubs. I think ours are still too high. It's a lot of money to fork out in one go. I suppose there is the finance option. Is that interest free? 

It isn't early and it isn't cheap.

Bolton on early bird sale on 3rd February at £219 for renewals and £239 for new applicants is early and cheap.

It is a move in the right direction - earlier and cheaper - but still late and still expensive compared to a significant number of rivals.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Is that interest free? 

No. You pay a higher initial payment, it’s about an extra £40 on top of your first instalment.

Not something the club have any control over I should add. 

Edited by Miller11
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We're about £100 over priced IMO

• Like 7

They aren’t ‘early’ compared to a lot of clubs, but certainly ‘earlier’ as it was 20 something of April when they came out last season and at one point it was getting into June before they could be arsed getting them on sale.

We are a decent CEO appointment away from actually getting somewhere commercially… when’s he retiring again?

• Like 2

• Backroom

Some small credit for reducing prices.

But still far too expensive imo. £379 should be our most expensive ticket, not our cheapest.

I'll reiterate, the last ST pre-Venkys cost £199 and we sold 19,000 of them.

I think £230-£345 (£10-15 per game) is a suitable price-range for football at Ewood Park.

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 4