BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2023-24 - what could/should be offered ?

4 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

Last year mine was just over £50 over 8mths. As @smiller14 says, I renewed late so the 10mth option wasn't available.

Mine will be a bit more expensive this year as my daughter is now in the 'Young Adult' category.

Ironically, after getting declined, I applied for a credit card (I don't have a credit card currently) with 12mths interest free on purchases & was immediately accepted with a £2k limit! Figure that one out - permanent credit of £2k or £550 over 10mths?!

Anyway, thank you V12, you've saved me having to pay interest on my ST this year. 👍

The company Rovers use to provide finance is very very low-risk, it’s verging on inaccessible to a lot. 

It does seem a bit self defeatist. I would expect that most people would want to take up the DD option to spread the cost & if they're rejecting me then a lot of people are going to really struggle.

I did however do a bit of research (ie Googling!) & it would appear that V12 'may' prefer people with less than perfect history as it 'could' give them more opportunity to make a few extra quid in late fees etc. Allegedly of course. 

Early bird prices for Adults below. Rovers have the most expensive ticket through all town clubs in Lancashire. £100 more than PNE, £160 more than Bolton, even £45 more than PL bound Burnley.

WAGGOT OUT!

Bolton: £219 and phase 2 now on sale £299 - £399 (playoff chance for Championship, and sold out Wembley for Papa Johns(?) trophy)

Stanley: £239 

PNE: £280 - £380 (and under 11s are free!)

Wigan: £329 - £349 (club in turmoil and likely League 1)

Burnley; £335 - £500 (for PL football - 2 stands offering cheaper than our cheapest)

Rovers: £379 - £474 (David Brent as CEO)

The only compliment I'll give is the Young Adult prices are good. £170 for 18-23 beats our rivals.

EDIT: Just noticed our early bird ends on the 7th May! We don't play Millwall until the 8th May....surely that wants extending to at least 1 week post-season, especially if we end up in the playoffs!

Edited by superniko
corrected by JHRover for Bolton prices
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

PNE have just announced their early bird prices….£100 less than ours - Literally makes me sick…Waggot out! 

If last summer's sales figures are anything to go by then they will shift around 5,000 more than we do.

So 14,000 @ the lower price or 9,000 @ our price? Ignoring the additional benefits of 14,000  - home advantage, better atmosphere, spending on food and drink - if we keep everyone at adult prices that's pretty much equal on revenue.

So the only logic must be that they don't think we could ever reach 14,000 sales to make up the difference. If Bolton, Dingles and PNE can then we can and if the CEO doesn't think so he shouldn't be here.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, superniko said:

Early bird prices for Adults below. Rovers have the most expensive ticket through all town clubs in Lancashire. £100 more than PNE, £80 more than Bolton, even £45 more than PL bound Burnley.

WAGGOT OUT!

Bolton: £299 - £399 (playoff chance for Championship, and sold out Wembley for Papa Johns(?) trophy 

Burnley; £335 - £500 (for PL football - 2 stands offering cheaper than our cheapest)

Rovers: £379 - £474

The only compliment I'll give is the Young Adult prices are good. £170 for 18-23 beats our rivals.

Bolton's early bird prices were only £219, the £299 is post early bird.

• Like 1

Inspired by a pre-match conversation on Tuesday night…we were discussing all the possible innovative ways a modern season ticket offering could be designed.

I’d like to do a “Wisdom of the Crowd” type thing on here which may inspire an article.

The sorts of things we discussed included :

• Weekend only season tickets- especially including children in the package
  • Midweek only season tickets
  • Gym style monthly membership options with different tiers each offering different benefits but spreading the cost over 12 months
  • Unreserved seating (first come first seated) areas where you could meet mates for ad hoc games

What ideas would you like to see Rovers offer to bring the fans back to Ewood ?

Please add below & I’ll try to collate them into some sort of a proposition for the new Head of Commercial when appointed ! 🙂

[I know there will be replies along the lines of “win promotion”, “sack Waggott” & so on but try & resist the urge please & let’s try to understand our fanbase, our demographic & what might resonate with different fans….thanks all 👍🏻]

• Like 1

• Herbie6590 changed the title to Season tickets 2023-24 -what could/should be offered ?
  • Herbie6590 changed the title to Season tickets 2023-24 - what could/should be offered ?

The weekend only idea is good in principle, BUT when sky are pissing about with our fixtures even that becomes a bit pointless in the championship. I really struggle to make midweek games, most of the ones I've been to this season have involved time off work. Lots of us have busy lives with work and childcare etc, my girls have extra activities pretty much every night, acting, brownies, swimming and they ain't old enough to make their own ways there and back!

A 10 game ticket would probably appeal, pay a flat fee then pick 10 games throughout the course of the season, obviously wouldn't have the same seat each time but there's plenty to pick from. Extra games if required mean tickets are available to purchase at a slightly lower price.

On 25/04/2023 at 17:21, superniko said:

Early bird prices for Adults below. Rovers have the most expensive ticket through all town clubs in Lancashire. £100 more than PNE, £160 more than Bolton, even £45 more than PL bound Burnley.

WAGGOT OUT!

Bolton: £219 and phase 2 now on sale £299 - £399 (playoff chance for Championship, and sold out Wembley for Papa Johns(?) trophy)

Rovers: £379 - £474 (David Brent as CEO)

EDIT: Just noticed our early bird ends on the 7th May! We don't play Millwall until the 8th May....surely that wants extending to at least 1 week post-season, especially if we end up in the playoffs!

Is that amount right for Burnley?

Their last season in Prem , prices extortionate, with tickets way £500 and over £50 a walk on for some games .

Yep it’s correct. £335 to £360 behind the goals.

https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/content/2023-24-early-bird-season-ticket-on-sale-friday

With the combination of pretty much every game since the WC being on Sky, still the dearest tickets around here and even DD problems, our club will just be ‘well we did all we can 🤷‍♂️‘ when we limp to another piss poor figure sold by KO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Herbie6590 said:

Inspired by a pre-match conversation on Tuesday night…we were discussing all the possible innovative ways a modern season ticket offering could be designed.

I’d like to do a “Wisdom of the Crowd” type thing on here which may inspire an article.

The sorts of things we discussed included :

• Weekend only season tickets- especially including children in the package
  • Midweek only season tickets
  • Gym style monthly membership options with different tiers each offering different benefits but spreading the cost over 12 months
  • Unreserved seating (first come first seated) areas where you could meet mates for ad hoc games

What ideas would you like to see Rovers offer to bring the fans back to Ewood ?

Please add below & I’ll try to collate them into some sort of a proposition for the new Head of Commercial when appointed ! 🙂

[I know there will be replies along the lines of “win promotion”, “sack Waggott” & so on but try & resist the urge please & let’s try to understand our fanbase, our demographic & what might resonate with different fans….thanks all 👍🏻]

What an immensely sensible post! The commercial dept at Ewood would be advised to use your thoughts ..as they have few .
You think out of the box, you write with the needs of the demographic..you do it , I assume , with a built in love and hope for the long term survival of  the club. 
Our management infrastructure, from top to bottom is totally lacking in real thought and imagination…in fact it’s just totally lacking  ……

Well written Herbie !

I don't think we need reinvent the wheel here. There's a reason the basic idea and structure of a season ticket is so consistent across the leagues and has lasted so long, there's no need for it to be complicated.

Nice and simple - a ticket that guarantees admission for all home league games and a set seat.

Hull tried messing about with things when they did their Membership scheme and it was a disaster.

The two ways of increasing numbers are price changes and promotion.

Whatever the reasons and excuses for it we are faring poorly on both. We have one of the highest starting prices in the league, the highest number of empty seats and one of the most impoverished/competitive areas for attracting fans.

As our illustrious neighbours have proven, better numbers are attainable if priced and approached correctly. If we got to 14,000 season ticket holders like them together with walk ons and away fans we'd be looking at average gates of 17,000+ and we'd all be happy.

None of those clubs are coming up with elaborate ideas. Just making prices sensible and then pushing sales to the best of their ability by advertising and promoting.

Unfortunately in our disfunction we have a CEO who is not employed to grow fanbases or numbers, or improve the club in any way. He's here to cut costs and increase numbers and seems to have free reign to follow whatever policy he picks to achieve that. In his wisdom he has picked the quickest and easiest route to increasing income but medium to long term the most damaging imaginable. Until the owners realise the long term implications of this and do something to change it we are wasting our time, as at best we will get another puppet when Waggot retires who will have the same targets.

They don't want a bright, ambitious, forward thinking board. They want a yes man who will take the stick on their behalf and make the numbers look better in the short term.

• Like 3

I don't think there is a snowball in hells chance of any sort of deal to boost crowds like our neighbours have done whilst Waggot is in situ protecting his own position.

Iv'e highlighted it a dozen times since he walked through the door how he works and that was backed up by various interviews he gave at various corporate functions.  Squeeze what you have to the max is his mantra and always has been so that will not change.

The slight discount and early bird this year is basically a retainer to try and keep as many current holders as poss it certainly isn't a crowd booster.  We have to rely on the team for that in the hope we finish strong and give some belief we can do the same next season.

• Like 2

We will stay static, at best.

Quite a few will unexpectedly drop off due to months of hardly a Saturday 3pm game, that will be coupled with those that never were going to renew for a plethora of reasons. So we need to hope  that there is a big enough churn with new folk coming in to just about tread water.

When’s he retiring again?

• Like 2

Nobody at the Club seems able to see the bigger picture.We live in an area saturated with football Clubs,we are fighting each other for the floating fan.The area is not affluent,we're in the middle of a cost of living crisis,factor these in but charge some £100 more than local rivals?

Eyes wide shut.(again)

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 3