BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2023-24 - what could/should be offered ?

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Very unnecessary comment to make there 

Its nothing to do with Waggott but I support Rovers through good and bad times and my support for my club has never stop even through the bad times and I believe that with JDT and these set of players the good times and promote will follow. 

If you don't want to be STH fine for whatever reasons but I have been one for very long time now an I will carry on being one aswell

Why was my comment unnecessary ? Season ticket pricing has everything to do with Waggott. I have been, but don't want to be a season ticket holder at this point in time. That doesn't make me any-the-less of a Rovers fan.

Edited by rigger

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Very unnecessary comment to make there 

Its nothing to do with Waggott but I support Rovers through good and bad times and my support for my club has never stop even through the bad times and I believe that with JDT and these set of players the good times and promote will follow. 

If you don't want to be STH fine for whatever reasons but I have been one for very long time now an I will carry on being one aswell

Out of interest, would you like Waggott to leave the club or are you happy with him in position?

17 minutes ago, rigger said:

Why was my comment unnecessary ? Season ticket pricing has everything to do with Waggott. I have been, but don't want to be a season ticket holder at this point in time. That doesn't make me any-the-less of a Rovers fan.

yes your comment was completely and utter unnecessary. 

I have not once you feel less of Rovers fan so yet again another unwarranted comment. 

if you don't want to be season ticket holder yourself fine but I want to be one and continue to be one each and every season going forward. That doesn't make me any the less of a Rovers fan

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Out of interest, would you like Waggott to leave the club or are you happy with him in position?

interesting question, I wouldn't say I am happy with him, but I would like a new version of John Williams and Tom Finn if we could find that as CEO who understand the fan base better and I think the current owners had a great chance to put that in place with Ian Battersby and Ian Currie a few years ago. I do feel that he and Iain Silvester should have face the media and explained what happened on deadline day and paperwork fiasco and it shouldn't have been left to just Gregg Broughton to face the media and explained everything. So Yes I would a change in the CEO chair if I was in charge but then the next problem comes who would want to work for Venkys and Pasha but that's another question there and another debate

Bloody hell he’s even lost the support of the Chadster and 1864! Now that is rock bottom.

But of course the only ones with an actual say in Pune are happy for him to carry on driving the club into the ground, because you know, he’s “hitting revenue quantum’s” or some other bollocks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

We are losing £85,000 per day

I wont contribute until they leave.

Eventually their bodies will float by and we will all return to our beloved Rovers.

#integrity

#patience

Given the numerous descriptions of what Ewood is currently like I don't think I could bear going there again. 

I was fortunate enough to have the experience of Ewood when it absolutely first rate, packed out or at least 80% full most weeks and the whole place buzzing. 

To see it in its current state could only bring on feelings of sadness and depression leading to anger. 

I have too much respect for the club, the town and myself to give a single penny to the chicken molesters and their boot licking stooges.

They lack the most basic levels of decency and respect. I will not return until they are gone. 

I know some people, especially with families, have other priorities, but for me my season ticket is the best value purchase of the year. 

I don't even think about it or consider not buying it, health permitting , it's going to happen. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, M_B said:

I know some people, especially with families, have other priorities, but for me my season ticket is the best value purchase of the year. 

I don't even think about it or consider not buying it, health permitting , it's going to happen. 

And that attitude is why Waggott is still here.

Edited by rigger

1 hour ago, rigger said:

And that attitude is why Waggott is still here.

why is that Attitude? Cos we want to buy a season ticket and support our Rovers? What is problem with buying season tickets for next season? 

Surely support your club through the good and bad times whoever the CEO, DoF or head coach is?

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

We've got one of the most divided fan bases around on top of everything else already mentioned, and it stems from the Venkys era. When protests etc were taking place the atmosphere was utterly toxic on many occasions, scuffles were common. I honestly don't think we've properly recovered either. Some have fucked it off completely as a result, then we're left with people like M_B and my dad who will get a season ticket every year regardless, hats off to those people too.

There's rarely a feeling of togetherness at Ewood if you ask me, although Tuesday night showed it can happen on occasion. 

I've no doubts whatsoever that new owners and a fresh start would have a positive impact on attendances. Chances of it happening are slim.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, M_B said:

Very similar to myself. 

I enjoyed going to Ewood Park and I've been going for so long it's just very natural thing to do. 

30 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

The club won’t offer anything that lets you cherry pick, simple as that.

…because that will mean Waggott’s ploy to charge those willing to buy a ST regardless of price top whack, then sell Sky TV rights to every game regardless of effects on the dates or times of games, doesn’t generate the same amount of income. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Why would you create an option for full paying season ticket holders to pay less ?

Makes no sense for a business making a huge loss. I have no idea why people discuss it. 

It won't be done, but it's a discussion point if you buy a full ST and only get to half the games because SKY have moved them all. 

£400 - £500 for a half-ST is a lot of money.

1 hour ago, des said:

Why can fans not buy a package of say 10 games and they can pick which games there go to or can get to just a thought

then how do you sell that seat for the other games when you don't know which one they will pick and choose? 

One way for people with young children who can't make midweek games is to offer to different types for that category is one adult and one children weekend season ticket and full 23 games season ticket for those who can make midweek games for that category  

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

One way for people with young children who can't make midweek games is to offer to different types for that category is one adult and one children weekend season ticket and full 23 games season ticket for those who can make midweek games for that category  

What would happen when weekend games are moved to a Friday or Monday night? Or moved for a cup tie?

The most practical idea I think is the Rovers Trust one for fans to take out a membership at the beginning of the season for say £50 and then be able to pay a discounted price for games through the season.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, only2garners said:

What would happen when weekend games are moved to a Friday or Monday night? Or moved for a cup tie?

The most practical idea I think is the Rovers Trust one for fans to take out a membership at the beginning of the season for say £50 and then be able to pay a discounted price for games through the season.

it was just a idea. You could just refund the people who bought one the price for that game. 

are they any clubs who offer a similar thing to what the Rovers trust is offering? 

2 hours ago, only2garners said:

The most practical idea would be for season ticket prices to be reduced to a level that more people will buy

• Like 2