BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2023-24 - what could/should be offered ?

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

A flexible ST would be the way to go.

Could offer 10, 12, 15 game tickets or whatever.

Port Vale do it, so not sure why we can't.

That's the real frustration I have with the Waggott regime. We have thousands of empty seats and, on the face of it he is doing nothing to occupy them. It summed him and his outlook up when he said he had reached his target on season ticket sales for this season. I wasn't there but on the face of it if sounds awfully boastful and smug. I have long said they have to give the customer what they want and some flexibility would be a start. A season ticket for say 18 games to factor in shift work, school nights and various other things. If the ticket holder can't make it then they have a responsibility to contact the club by a given time and their seat could be sold. If they don't go and don't contact the club then it counts towards their games. If they want to go to games over and above the agreed number do some real in advance. Of course it would involve extra admin to operate something like this but surely we have to try something different.

My personal view is that Waggott is lazy and takes the path of least resistance and as long as he is here then nothing will change but if we had proper and responsible owners they would be tasking him with increasing sales of not just tickets but everything where the club can make money. He is a CEO in name only and does very little to justify his huge salary.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

A flexible ST would be the way to go.

Could offer 10, 12, 15 game tickets or whatever.

Port Vale do it, so not sure why we can't.

I'd buy a 12 match ST cos I can only get to about 12 home games a season, due to SKY changing KO times and night matches which I can't usually get to . But they'd prefer me to get a full ST or buy individual match tickets because that means more revenue for them.

So your fan-friendly, and logical idea, will sadly never happen.

• Like 3

The club won’t countenance a ‘day’ ticket, ‘18 game ticket’ etc because they know it’s only having c9k ST holders that is ensuring we have any kind of crowd /sales for midweek games (and that’s with a load of holders swerving it, but they still count towards the ‘crowd’ and revenue regardless).

If it was offered I’d imagine we’d sell an embarrassingly low number of 23 game STs.

• Like 3

Just now, Mattyblue said:

The club won’t countenance a ‘day’ ticket, ‘18 game ticket’ etc because they know it’s only having c9k ST holders that is ensuring we have any kind of crowd /sales for midweek games (and that’s with a load of holders swerving it, but they still count towards the ‘crowd’ and revenue regardless).

If it was offered I’d imagine we’d sell an embarrassingly low number of 23 game STs.

Exactly. 

36 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

season ticket renewed. 

I hoping we can get above 10k plus have around 3 to 5k walk on's per game,

Not a fking chance.

To increase sales by nearly a 1,000 after this ridiculous fixture upheaval would be very surprising. (Not that 10k is owt to crow about anyway).

Thought possible if we had a heroic failure in the play offs garnering some good will and momentum in the fanbase  (actual promotion a different issue entirely).

Just now, Mattyblue said:

To increase sales by nearly a 1,000 after this ridiculous fixture upheaval would be very surprising. (Not that 10k is owt to crow about anyway).

Thought possible if we had a heroic failure in the play offs garnering some good will and momentum in the fanbase  (actual promotion a different issue entirely).

Problem is, the 'early' price expires before the playoffs begin! So if we do get momentum and any new fans want to come, enjoy paying the upcharged price.

I think keeping JDT, A Wharton, Phillips etc and signing some good quality forwards (even a Marquee signing like BBD once was) and we could get to 10k ST holders. People may buy into it if they think the club is on the cusp of achieving something. It will mean showing ambition in the summer. 

On the flip-side, I think the amount of games moved for SKY this season may have put a few existing ST holders off.  Price will also be a factor. I've got a half-decent job and I've never been more skint!

12 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

That could well be true but until they try something different then they will never know for sure. The most logical and easiest (for Swag's benefit) would be reducing the price by a reasonable amount but that is never going to happen on his watch.

5 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I think keeping JDT, A Wharton, Phillips etc and signing some good quality forwards (even a Marquee signing like BBD once was) and we could get to 10k ST holders. People may buy into it if they think the club is on the cusp of achieving something. It will mean showing ambition in the summer. 

On the flip-side, I think the amount of games moved for SKY this season may have put a few existing ST holders off.  Price will also be a factor. I've got a half-decent job and I've never been more skint!

Sky could be a big factor, along with our hierarchy not really pushing creative ticket prices for those games.

I had a friend with a ST (nearly ex friend) that thought about not going to Burnley as it was on Sky anyway!!!!! 

On a side note, the standard of food and drink, and more importantly the standard of those serving it on match days is up there with the worst in the league. Needs urgently addressing as it SHOULD be a very good income source.

It's a real shame, because starting from such a relatively low base of circa 9000, having had a good season, including excellent home results, whatever happens next optimism SHOULD be high going into next season. Some good young players, JDT hopefully still here to build.

A fall or standstill on sales at such a low number should be considered an absolute failure given the above. Fair enough if we'd had a dismal struggle all season with a squad of journeymen under Mowbray but pride and optimism should now be high. If the club cannot build on that to increase numbers by more than a few hundred then they really need to take a look at themselves down there.

A club / ownership remotely interested in the welfare and health of the club would not only be embarrassed by 9000 sales, particularly in view of figures down the road to the East, West and South, but would expect a healthy increase having exceeded expectations this season and somehow been involved in a season long play-off push.

It says it all about the management of the club when increasing numbers back to what they were in the days under Bowyer is considered to be extremely unlikely and ambitious.

On the subject of which it seems the extent of advertising and promoting tickets is once again limited to twitter and the club website.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, JHRover said:

It's a real shame, because starting from such a relatively low base of circa 9000, having had a good season, including excellent home results, whatever happens next optimism SHOULD be high going into next season. Some good young players, JDT hopefully still here to build.

A fall or standstill on sales at such a low number should be considered an absolute failure given the above. Fair enough if we'd had a dismal struggle all season with a squad of journeymen under Mowbray but pride and optimism should now be high. If the club cannot build on that to increase numbers by more than a few hundred then they really need to take a look at themselves down there.

A club / ownership remotely interested in the welfare and health of the club would not only be embarrassed by 9000 sales, particularly in view of figures down the road to the East, West and South, but would expect a healthy increase having exceeded expectations this season and somehow been involved in a season long play-off push.

It says it all about the management of the club when increasing numbers back to what they were in the days under Bowyer is considered to be extremely unlikely and ambitious.

On the subject of which it seems the extent of advertising and promoting tickets is once again limited to twitter and the club website.

Used to be able to get tickets through my school when I was kid....in Chorley! 

I'd be amazed if they do anything like that now in Blackburn and Darwen area let alone in the Lancashire towns and villages where we've historically pulled in fans.

Feels like we're on the cusp of something that could be really enjoyable. A manager who doesn't belittle us and youth team players reminiscent of the last wave (Dunn/Duff). For god sake we need to sort out the commercial side though it's tragic. Not just the fact we have the most expensive season ticket in Lancashire and only sell 1/3rd of our stadium through them, but also as others have mentioned, the food, the drink, the facilities, the stadium entertainment, the riverside. If we had someone who cared for the club running the show it would make the world of difference.

£250 season tickets, pelter everyone on the database, bloody canvas round the town even, cheaper offer for kids through the schools. No reason why we shouldn't have 15k season tickets in this division and be getting 20k with big away followings.

I think it was this year when someone posted a picture of us advertising on the bus.....for the season tickets 2 years prior!

Edited by superniko
  • Like 5

48 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

On a side note, the standard of food and drink, and more importantly the standard of those serving it on match days is up there with the worst in the league. Needs urgently addressing as it SHOULD be a very good income source.

It's horrendous. I saw at the weekend Fulham have the self-service beer terminals in their new stand now. I used these at Old Trafford (Cricket!!) watching England last summer.

You have to go down for a pint on 36 mins to get served before the 2nd half kicks off in the Blackburn End.

Selection and quality on offer at Rovers is just as bad as speed of service too.

The foundations are there at Ewood to have a proper enjoyable match day experience, hopefully one day someone comes in who can embrace it.

• Like 2

Bolton took over Chorley a long while ago they had a real push in the schools etc.

Preston really pushed their massively discounted early birds all over the place last year as well.

Blackburn Rovers ?  Well if you went to the area you might see a bus or taxi advertising season tickets from about 3 years previous !

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

We are being pushed out of Hyndburn schools too by a club that was in non league not that long ago.

The club has wilfully thrown away its footprint outside BwD (just as more and more of our fanbase leave the borough).

Edited by Mattyblue