BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2023-24 - what could/should be offered ?

27 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

No return until the owners leave means no return until the owners leave.

But they're not going anywhere, so you lose both ways.

Support the team, not who sits in the boardroom.

• Like 1

At some point I imagine someone will be arsed to do some kind of comparison on ST prices elsewhere in the league. I reckon we'll be about average this season, can't see many clubs making tickets cheaper at all.

You have clubs in this league slipping into embargoes and being unable to pay wages, fair play if the ones holding the purse strings can offer cheap season tickets. You'll have a tough time trying to find anything reducing in price in these tough times.....

30 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

At some point I imagine someone will be arsed to do some kind of comparison on ST prices elsewhere in the league. I reckon we'll be about average this season, can't see many clubs making tickets cheaper at all.

You have clubs in this league slipping into embargoes and being unable to pay wages, fair play if the ones holding the purse strings can offer cheap season tickets. You'll have a tough time trying to find anything reducing in price in these tough times.....

I'm already on the case with that one.

As of today there are 11/24 Championship clubs with STs on sale for next year. Cheapest adult prices are:

Rovers - cheapest £379

Wigan - cheapest £349

Burnley - cheapest £335

Middlesbrough - cheapest £480

Sunderland - cheapest £390

Sheff Utd - cheapest £380

Stoke - cheapest £344

Norwich - cheapest £534

Millwall - cheapest £370

Bristol C - cheapest £375

Swansea - cheapest £345

So as it stands only Middlesbrough and Norwich noticeably more expensive starting prices than Rovers. Sunderland slightly more, the rest similar or cheaper.

I would expect Luton and Watford to come in higher than us going off previous years. I would expect QPR, Cardiff, Preston, Huddersfield, Birmingham to be comfortably cheaper going off previous years. 

37 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I'm already on the case with that one.

As of today there are 11/24 Championship clubs with STs on sale for next year. Cheapest adult prices are:

Rovers - cheapest £379

Wigan - cheapest £349

Burnley - cheapest £335

Middlesbrough - cheapest £480

Sunderland - cheapest £390

Sheff Utd - cheapest £380

Stoke - cheapest £344

Norwich - cheapest £534

Millwall - cheapest £370

Bristol C - cheapest £375

Swansea - cheapest £345

So as it stands only Middlesbrough and Norwich noticeably more expensive starting prices than Rovers. Sunderland slightly more, the rest similar or cheaper.

I would expect Luton and Watford to come in higher than us going off previous years. I would expect QPR, Cardiff, Preston, Huddersfield, Birmingham to be comfortably cheaper going off previous years. 

You do need to be careful with the details. Swansea’s £345 is only if you buy a £79 under 12 ticket with it - otherwise it’s £399.

Bristol City’s cheapest price is £385 unless you go in the Family Stand, for which you presumably need a child.

Tbh I don’t think the price is to bad. I was expecting over £400 . They have released them early enough. I don’t think it’s going to improve the attendance’s purely from a price perspective but that was always going to take something radical or something above waggotts capabilities. 

The annoying thing for me is I’m waiting to find out if I’ve got a new job in the middle of may depending on various factors so would probably end up missing the early bird which then puts the price in the to expensive bracket and I would have to then weigh up how many games I’d miss. Looking at how this season has gone with game changes and sky it’s more than likely not going to be worth my while renewing. However I will say if my circumstances hadn’t or don’t change in be happy enough with the early bird renewal price 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Hasta said:

I've only just noticed that.

I presume one price grid was for before the end of the season, and the other grid was for the rest of the summer. 

There will obviously be a claim your seat deadline before they allow move-arounds, but it makes no sense to hike the prices up higher in June or July as those are the people who are undecided who need persuading. 

Happy they've brought them down a bit. The only gripe I have is not making the Riverside a more entry-level price point.

They've obviously left themselves free to hike prices if we are promoted while keeping faith with existing holders.

Seems fair in principle. Not commenting on the price though.

Edited by 47er

12 minutes ago, 47er said:

They've obviously left themselves free to hike prices if we are promoted while keeping faith with existing holders.

Seems fair in principle. Not commenting on the price though.

This part to me is what doesn't make sense. We'd be awash with money if we were promoted, coupled with fans being excited at the prospect of Premier League football. That in itself is a golden opportunity to actually slash ticket prices and rebuild our fanbase. Think long term strategy rather than squeezing a few extra £££, especially when those £££ are a drop in the ocean compared to other revenue streams.

• Like 2

We don’t go up I suppose it doesn’t matter. A slightly reduced price for those that sign up by early May, fine.

We do go up and we’ve caught any potential new/returning fan who fancies a ST in a trap, ‘yeah so you want to get back involved in the club? That’ll be £430 to £530 please’.  Hundred plus quid more than the fella sitting next to you for the exact same product? What, you don’t like that? Tough.

The price should be the price, ‘early bird’ pricing is a load of nonsense.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Hasta said:

I've only just noticed that.

I presume one price grid was for before the end of the season, and the other grid was for the rest of the summer. 

There will obviously be a claim your seat deadline before they allow move-arounds, but it makes no sense to hike the prices up higher in June or July as those are the people who are undecided who need persuading

Happy they've brought them down a bit. The only gripe I have is not making the Riverside a more entry-level price point.

Yes, the part I've copied in bold is where longstanding - you know what I mean! - fans will get penalised.

Over the years, I've stood/sat in most parts of the ground; and like most of us, I guess, I want the club to strike a balance between loyalty and fairness. (= "I must have some of those 'Yaarkshire frugal genes' in my DNA!!")

As I get - much! - closer to 80 than 70, I'm thinking I want a bit more comfort watching a game at Ewood than I've been used to in recent seasons. So I'm toying with the idea of an upgrade and moving from not very high up in the Riverside to a seat in the Jack Walker Upper. But, because I'm not renewing my old season ticket, I guess I won't be entitled to any discount, but will have to pay the post-discount price for my new seat.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I can't afford a seat in the Jack Walker; I can. What I'm saying is that there doesn't seem to be any incentive for a loyal season-ticket holder who wants to upgrade!

Additionally, there's the timing of matches to be taken into account, as per @Oldgregg86 . I'm not sure if I can be bothered turning up to Ewood even in the Jack Walker Upper to watch a Premier League game next season if it's versus, say, Brentford or Fulham when it kicks-off at 7.45 pm one midweek evening.

Edited by R0verb0y
Adding an "Additionally"!

3 hours ago, R0verb0y said:

But, because I'm not renewing my old season ticket, I guess I won't be entitled to any discount, but will have to pay the post-discount price for my new seat.

I  also thought that but apparently not according to people on here. 

However, there doesn't seem to be a deadline for an existing ST holder to claim their own seat? So a non-ST holder could conceivably rock up today at Ewood and buy a ST in an existing ST holders seat for next season and claim the 'super-saver' discount that runs until the 7th May. 

Either that, or they've massively fucked up their communication. 

Below is the bit that could be read either way:

As a thank you, in appreciation for the magnificent support felt and enjoyed by the players and staff at Ewood Park this season, we’re offering a reduction in prices during a special super-saver period, which launches today and ends on Sunday 7th May, before our season finale against Millwall.

Supporters are now able to secure their seat for the 2023-24 season, with £20 off last season’s early-bird headline price and £50 off our 2022-23 standard price.

Edited by Sweaty Gussets

Bad comms (quelle surprise), as if you log in to the planner most Blackburn End seats are greyed out - as they’ll be the existing ST holder seats.

Pretty basic comms failure though to not spell out when the ‘claim your seat deadline’ is though…

Edited by Mattyblue

Any attempt to address attendances should be applauded - however tenuous.  STs are a big factor for town clubs.  If they're too expensive, few will buy.  But those who do will certainly value them and make best attempts to attend every game.  Conversely, if they're too cheap they hold little value, and make it far too easy for the holder to pick-and-chose their matches.  Ever changing KO times enforced last-minute by Sky are also a big factor for many.  I don't have Sky, so don't have that temptation to stay at home on a cold/damp February Tuesday night.  But those of us who need to plan ahead because of work or other commitments,  are not encouraged to pull out for STs.  The latest TV announcements mean that I can only definitely attend 1, and possibly attend another, of the last 5 home games.  Flexi-ticketing needs to be thought about.

10 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

This part to me is what doesn't make sense. We'd be awash with money if we were promoted, coupled with fans being excited at the prospect of Premier League football. That in itself is a golden opportunity to actually slash ticket prices and rebuild our fanbase. Think long term strategy rather than squeezing a few extra £££, especially when those £££ are a drop in the ocean compared to other revenue streams.

That should have been done after the swift return to the championship but it wasn't they just took that as license to start bringing the price point up to line with the higher end of the division.

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

It's works out at £16.48 per game. I think it's more than reasonable in my opinion

This would be a fair argument if we actually played most games at 3pm on a Saturday. Given the amount of midweek games/silly kick off times on Sky, it becomes significantly more than £16 a game when you start to miss them.

I agree that for someone who lives round the corner from Ewood it’s a decent price.

• Like 2

They have to price based on a potential premier league season of football next year. £379 is just about stomachable for me. At least they’re out early this time and the club can make the most of the current feel good factor. It won’t result in 15,000 ST holders without a promotion though I don’t think.