BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2023-24 - what could/should be offered ?

8 minutes ago, Riverside under the drip said:

Let's not kid ourselves. The ONLY way to actually get real numbers back is a hard reset of Premier League status and a Venkys apology/change of ownership.

Getting to the Prem would be enough on it's own to get the crowds back towards 15k-20k home fans. There aren't thousands waiting for a Venky's apology I wouldn't have thought. 

Edited by Sweaty Gussets
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

29 pounds different between 379 and 350 which is about 2 pounds a month over a year. is that massive difference? 

It will be interesting to see what the uptake is before the deadline. They are out early as people wanted and give people time to plan and worked if they can commit to a season ticket plus work out the finances. 

Would you commit to ST if there was £300 to £350 then? 

Personally, No. I cannot make mid-week evening games, so I pay for individual tickets to matches that I can attend.  

• Backroom
14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

29 pounds different between 379 and 350 which is about 2 pounds a month over a year. is that massive difference? 

It will be interesting to see what the uptake is before the deadline. They are out early as people wanted and give people time to plan and worked if they can commit to a season ticket plus work out the finances. 

Would you commit to ST if there was £300 to £350 then? 

Be fair though. £379 is our CHEAPEST ST. It should be our most expensive. Cheaper STs (imo, all lower tiers) should be £250.

If STs were £250-£350, you'd have at least a dozen people that I know of who can commit to going. That's a dozen extra pies and 24 extra pints bought in the ground every game too.

Plus it opens up the chance to commit money for about eight chn to go too. Plus mars bars and cokes for each.

That's about 5k per season (probably more if I did the maths) the club aren't allowing into their own coffers, and that's just people I know, who all WANT to go. Another 20 people in the ground too.

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 1

I’m just happy to see an end to yearly rises, as it was starting to get silly in an area like this.

However, £379-£474 (and then up to £429 - £529 in May) are not exactly prices to see us pull in a load of new folk (in this league). But perhaps we could see the heady days of having ST holders numbering in five figures again.

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I’m just happy to see an end to yearly rises, as it was starting to get silly in an area like this.

However, £379-£474 (and then up to £429 - £529 in May) are not exactly prices to see us pull in a load of new folk (in this league). But perhaps we could see the heady days of having ST holders numbering in five figures again.

Not in and of itself. But making STs available earlier and during a spell when fans are still optimistic about the team and its future - and for a cheaper price - should have an impact.

It's obviously only progress from the very low bar that we've set ourselves, but it's still progress.

• Like 1

Asked for a reduction, got a reduction, so fair play to the board/management for making the product more affordable to the everyday fan.

On a personal level the roulette of when the games fall and the constant rescheduling means a ticket is not viable for myself. I’ll continue as is. Hopefully one day a solution to that becomes part of the proposal. 

• Like 3

I think it will have an impact, and I think it is progress as I’m not sure what planet they’ve been on with the ridiculous pricing since Covid.

But we need to be realistic with ‘what good looks like’ when it comes to sales, as it’s twenty quid off at the end of the day, so still a hefty price for second tier football in a town like Blackburn.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I think it will have an impact, and I think it is progress as I’m not sure what planet they’ve been on with the ridiculous pricing since Covid.

But we need to be realistic with ‘what good looks like’ when it comes to sales, as it’s twenty quid off at the end of the day, so still a hefty price for second tier football in a town like Blackburn.

Completely agree. Dramatic changes in attendances will only come about through dramatic changes in what's on offer. Either through top flight football or a heavily reduced ST price. Sadly the latter only really becomes an option once we get the tv money from being in the prem.

38 minutes ago, J*B said:

Asked for a reduction, got a reduction, so fair play to the board/management for making the product more affordable to the everyday fan.

On a personal level the roulette of when the games fall and the constant rescheduling means a ticket is not viable for myself. I’ll continue as is. Hopefully one day a solution to that becomes part of the proposal. 

"You need to get used to the fact that it has not been a 3pm Saturday kick off sport for 30 years."

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

"You need to get used to the fact that it has not been a 3pm Saturday kick off sport for 30 years."

I would say that, the club needs to realise it is not a 3pm Saturday sport anymore, and price the season tickets accordingly. If they want to increase the season-ticket base. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rigger said:

Personally, No. I cannot make mid-week evening games, so I pay for individual tickets to matches that I can attend.  

Thanks for answering the questions

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Be fair though. £379 is our CHEAPEST ST. It should be our most expensive. Cheaper STs (imo, all lower tiers) should be £250.

If STs were £250-£350, you'd have at least a dozen people that I know of who can commit to going. That's a dozen extra pies and 24 extra pints bought in the ground every game too.

Plus it opens up the chance to commit money for about eight chn to go too. Plus mars bars and cokes for each.

That's about 5k per season (probably more if I did the maths) the club aren't allowing into their own coffers, and that's just people I know, who all WANT to go. Another 20 people in the ground too.

All down to personal opinion. I think £379 is fair price and about £16.50 per game(if you can commit to a ST) which is fair price in my opinion. 

Mike, Its all down to people own circumstances and what the situation is regarding a range of issues whether its cost, family situation, working commitments etc. 

I understand the point you are making Mike and its a fair one. 

I know few people who can afford the ST cost but can't go cos work/family reasons and then like yourself down to cost.  

1 hour ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Take next season then. At what point would you say a ST in the BBE becomes unreasonably priced. What is the limit you are willing to pay? I'm only asking because you have said next seasons are reasonably priced. 

Yes I think next season prices are reasonably priced given my own situation, but for others maybe not for various reasons. 

25 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Sarcasm again roversfan99 🙄

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I asked what price you would consider unreasonable?

I don't set limits but given that being ST holder is main interest and the only main thing I do socially now since the Covid pandemic happened. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

But surely there would have been a price this summer that might have made you think twice. £500? £600? £750? £1000? £2000?

but the price wasn't. Its was £379 if I renewed in BBE or if I moved to Jack Walker upper W11 stand for £417 which I think is more than reasonable in my opinion to watch Rovers. 

Every person situation and circumstances is different and down to the individual person

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

😂 deary me. I know it wasn't, its just a question. Never mind.

and I answered it given the facts of what the Season tickets prices for next season actually are.

In my opinion for next season are more than reasonable and I will look to renew shortly. If you or others disagree that they aren't reasonable price given your situation or other people you know fine but I am talking about from my opinion and my own situation 

Edited by chaddyrovers

• Backroom
51 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thanks for answering the questions

All down to personal opinion. I think £379 is fair price and about £16.50 per game(if you can commit to a ST) which is fair price in my opinion. 

Mike, Its all down to people own circumstances and what the situation is regarding a range of issues whether its cost, family situation, working commitments etc. 

I understand the point you are making Mike and its a fair one.

🙄

Definitely reasonable, especially compared against other clubs up and down the pyramid, and an improvement on the last few years.

But I do think if we've any ambitions of growing the fanbase and enticing people back to Ewood, we need to come down further.

We shouldn't be considering the 'value of the product' (as the Ewood chair shufflers like to say) imo, as we won't be enticing fans of other clubs. The only way to entice fans to Ewood on a ST basis is to offer real value for money.

That's why I'll keep banging the drum for £10-15/game STs, which would also allow us to entice more regular walk-ons (Twenty's Plenty) without short-changing any STHs.

Another factor which also has to be taken into consideration, imo, is the way in which the last few seasons have been atypical; either because of Covid and/or the World Cup. Fixtures have had to be squeezed into fewer weeks. This has contributed to a rise in the number of night matches.

And, as someone who'll become closer to 80 than 75 early next season,  my reluctance to leave a nice warm home on a midweek evening/night to cheer the team on increases and a season ticket becomes of less value.

I'd like to cheer the lads on at every home game, sure I would; and if I were younger and fitter, I'd do it. But the effort - and money - that I have to put into getting to every home game will, I fear, inevitably increase. I haven't driven since I took early retirement in 2008. So buying a match ticket for those games I can get to makes more financial sense than buying a season ticket.

I'm not saying I can't afford a season ticket; I can. And now that I've moved back to live in Blackburn, attending night matches is more possible than when I lived 25 miles from Ewood.  But when night matches - played at a time when there are fewer buses for me to flash my bus pass on - come into the equation, then that's a minimum of an extra tenner on taxis to and from the game.

If we - not just Rovers; the whole of the Premier League and the Football League - could get back to playing more matches at the traditional time, then a season ticket would make more sense for an old beggar like me.

But I fear that ship may have sailed.

Edited by R0verb0y
Completing a sentence I'd left uncompleted.
  • Like 6