BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2023-24 - what could/should be offered ?

So it'll be 7.5k max again by the end of summer.

We've always had an almost identical fanbase to Bolton yet now despite them probably being a league below again we'll have half the season ticket base.

Another monumental achievement by Venkys and Waggot and co but with away followings and match by match sales and banking on another cup run he'll hit his 4m.  Position protected, wages secure, easy street job rolls on whilst 10k rattle around the cavernous Ewood most weeks.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, PeteJD13 said:

Great post, sadly I won’t be renewing with my two kids that’s three season tickets off the list. I know two others with kids that aren’t renewing. The constant moving of games as we don’t go midweek means my match tickets average to about 60 quid a game. With a massive increase in my mortgage it’s a luxury we have to give up. It’s a shame as my lads rovers daft 

Very sorry to hear that Pete. Will you still take your son to some games next season? It's great to hear that he is Rovers daft. 

1 hour ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I think a membership type scheme is the way forward.

Pay an amount at season start to secure your seat, then pay an amount for a ticket per individual match.

If you don't buy a ticket say 24 hours before KO, then your seat is freed up.

Its good idea for some people who can do some games but not all. 

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Yeah probably about that. Although there is likely to be a late surge in the final week before the deadline as various people will leave it to the last minute (me included) it seems he's already factored that into his ambitious push towards 6000. 

Given that some people will have just been paid this week/today they will be surge. 

I still think we can reach 10k by end of the summer

Edited by chaddyrovers

40 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Just tried to renew mine online and they are trying to claim a £2 booking fee. No mention of this in the advertising or literature.

I must admit that took me a bit by surprise but as my daughter has moved up an age bracket I thought that might be just because she'll need a new card. Didn't realise it was across the board.

Booking fees in general (not just Rovers) annoy me. Slogans such as "Tickets start at £20" and when you go to book, there's a booking fee on top. There's absolutely no way to purchase without the fee so tickets don't "start at £20" do they!?

• Like 1

What exactly is the £2 for? It's all computerised and automated, so it's not like it's costing an employees time.

I know it's only pennies to us in the grand scheme, but that's a few grand overall the club will get for doing naff all.

Rip off.

Edited by Wheelton Blue
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

I must admit that took me a bit by surprise but as my daughter has moved up an age bracket I thought that might be just because she'll need a new card. Didn't realise it was across the board.

Booking fees in general (not just Rovers) annoy me. Slogans such as "Tickets start at £20" and when you go to book, there's a booking fee on top. There's absolutely no way to purchase without the fee so tickets don't "start at £20" do they!?

Well I'm not paying it. It isn't mentioned in the advertising and if they are claiming season tickets are £379 that's what I am prepared to pay. Not grubby additional costs stuck on at the end. I don't care if they are using an external ticket system and have to pay for it, that's their choice not mine.

So I'll ring up and try but if they try adding it on I'll leave it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

What exactly is the £2 for? It's all computerised and automated, so it's not like it's costing an employees time.

I know it's only pennies to us in the grand scheme, but that's a few grand overall the club will get for doing naff all.

Rip off.

I think...not certain...that it is because they use Ticketmaster or similar to sell their tickets online (it's a 3rd party who handle it anyway).

Again It isn't our choice or problem, they need to cover that cost in their ticket prices not add it on at the end.

I've also heard they have tried adding it to people who have been into the shop to buy, which makes no sense.

17 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Well I'm not paying it. It isn't mentioned in the advertising and if they are claiming season tickets are £379 that's what I am prepared to pay. Not grubby additional costs stuck on at the end. I don't care if they are using an external ticket system and have to pay for it, that's their choice not mine.

So I'll ring up and try but if they try adding it on I'll leave it.

I did our renewals in person mainly due to the extremely unfriendly system which simply won't allow me to link season tickets. I wasn't charged an admin fee. 

They keep finding ways to piss people off.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Very sorry to hear that Pete. Will you still take your son to some games next season? It's great to hear that he is Rovers daft. 

Its good idea for some people who can do some games but not all. 

Given that some people will have just been paid this week/today they will be surge. 

I still think we can reach 10k by end of the summer

10K total attendance is more likely than that.

Crowds are booming at pretty much every level of the English football pyramid… except here. 

Absolutely embarrassing commercial operation, but unfortunately this is what happens when there is no actual interest from the owners. Who is holding Swag accountable for overseeing the decimation of our ST base? Does anyone at the club even care?

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Crowds are booming at pretty much every level of the English football pyramid… except here. 

Absolutely embarrassing commercial operation, but unfortunately this is what happens when there is no actual interest from the owners. Who is holding Swag accountable for overseeing the decimation of our ST base? Does anyone at the club even care?

The long and short of it is no.

As long as Waggott can send his spreadsheets off to India at budget review time which show he's doing what they want him to do.

We are witnessing the erosion of our club unfolding in real time and the best Waggott can do is 'thank' the owners for letting him do it.

• Like 1

Just rung the ticket office now to renew my season ticket.  Was asked for the 2 pound booking fee (381 instead of 379) but objected to this and the member of staff agreed to waive the fee.  I was charged the standard 379 over the phone.  

Whatever you do, don't pay the booking fee.

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

The long and short of it is no.

As long as Waggott can send his spreadsheets off to India at budget review time which show he's doing what they want him to do.

We are witnessing the erosion of our club unfolding in real time and the best Waggott can do is 'thank' the owners for letting him do it.

It's not just the prices either though. It's the whole matchday experience. It's shite. The songs played before the game are shite and bordering on deafening. The food is shite. The stewarding is shite. The bar staff are shite. The atmosphere is shite (no singing section STILL is mind blowing). The half time show is shite. I regularly get told to sit down from those behind me when standing up in anticipation of a goal. The ground is empty for the first ten mins, the end ten mins of the first half and the last ten mins of a game. Even the good ideas like the fanzone... two taps to get a pint from. If you're not there prior to 2pm, you aren't getting one in any sort of decent time.

The whole thing is rotten on a match day and needs a complete rethink. I've been to ten away grounds this season and every single one had a better matchday experience than that at Rovers on every single count of what's mentioned above.

17 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Even the good ideas like the fanzone... two taps to get a pint from. If you're not there prior to 2pm, you aren't getting one in any sort of decent time.

When the weather is nice I'd probably go to the Fanzone and watch the second half of the early kick-off, except that the big screen within the fanzone is so blurry its almost unwatchable. To be fair they've now got bottle bars to ease the queues, and the queues for the pints does actually move fairly quick and have a queuing system in place. It's has been a good idea and does attract a lot of people, especially for those with kids. 

Everything else in your post about match day is spot on. 

Edited by Hasta

There's only one kiosk in the JW lower that serves beer which only just copes for the lower attendances, but for the 2 games it has been sold out recently it's an absolute nightmare. The queue was that deep at HT you couldn't walk past.

There is a second kiosk but it only sells soft drinks so isn't anywhere near as busy. Surely you'd set that up to serve beer too, or use the old betting kiosk as a bottle bar.

Edited by Ben-2000

6 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Maybe it's a lack of interest from the supporters.

4 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

It's not just the prices either though. It's the whole matchday experience. It's shite. The songs played before the game are shite and bordering on deafening. The food is shite. The stewarding is shite. The bar staff are shite. The atmosphere is shite (no singing section STILL is mind blowing). The half time show is shite. I regularly get told to sit down from those behind me when standing up in anticipation of a goal. The ground is empty for the first ten mins, the end ten mins of the first half and the last ten mins of a game. Even the good ideas like the fanzone... two taps to get a pint from. If you're not there prior to 2pm, you aren't getting one in any sort of decent time.

The whole thing is rotten on a match day and needs a complete rethink. I've been to ten away grounds this season and every single one had a better matchday experience than that at Rovers on every single count of what's mentioned above.

We've been here before. Local beer at reasonable prices, when I go, we meet up at the three bees pub at Tockholes, and don't spend anything at the ground. Better food, and a better experience, but ticket prices are too expensive for the area, I totally agree. No imagination at all.

7 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

10K total attendance is more likely than that.

well I think we will sell more far more ST than you believe we will. I and my best friend have renewed already. 

5 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

I think the music is much better than previous seasons. 

on the food, the pies and burgers are not good quality but skin on fries are good but overpriced. 

Why is the stewarding shite? I haven't spoken to one all season. 

When you bar staff are we talking in the fanzone area, kiosk area or Blues bar? 

what do you want from half time show? 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

well I think we will sell more far more ST than you believe we will. I and my best friend have renewed already. 

I think the music is much better than previous seasons. 

on the food, the pies and burgers are not good quality but skin on fries are good but overpriced. 

Why is the stewarding shite? I haven't spoken to one all season. 

When you bar staff are we talking in the fanzone area, kiosk area or Blues bar? 

what do you want from half time show? 

Did you get your free," I support Waggott " badges ?

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, rigger said:

Did you get your free," I support Waggott " badges ?

Very unnecessary comment to make there 

Its nothing to do with Waggott but I support Rovers through good and bad times and my support for my club has never stop even through the bad times and I believe that with JDT and these set of players the good times and promote will follow. 

If you don't want to be STH fine for whatever reasons but I have been one for very long time now an I will carry on being one aswell

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1