BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The next Rovers manager

It seems clear as the egg on Aynsley Pears' face after his howlers at the weekend that Jon Dahl Tomasson is not a happy bunny at Rovers

His interviews openly mocking his boss, his jokes about the new team bus, his transparent annoyance at the transfer dealings over the summer, and worst, his stark statements about the lack of ambition at the club, all point to one conclusion and outcome

This is not the job, or project for want of a better word, that he signed up for, and although he probably won't resign and is likely to reluctantly stick around, his heart's not really in it and he would leave at the earliest opportunity. 

So, where does that leave the long suffering Rovers fans?

Tomasson is popular and will be hard to replace but who do fans want as the next Rovers boss? Does the club look abroad again or closer to home where there aren't that many obvious candidates at the moment. 

FWIW I haven't a clue on who might come in next but (sensible) suggestions please. Mr Waggott is waiting with notebook in hand. 

I don’t want to be the one that says it but does it even matter who they bring in when the outcome is always the same . We would need a fire fighter in the dyche, allardyce mould by then and I don’t know who the foreign or lower league managers are who would be suited. I will say Gareth ainsworth just because I like him and he’s local. Seen as the whole squad will be academy players by then seems fitting

• Like 1

With Broughton here I am relatively confident that he could find us another decent option from overseas, although anyone would struggle to surpass JDT's results and popularity to date. 

Broughton seems to have his head screwed on and knows what he is looking for and I think would have a plan if JDT walked. 

If Broughton was to leave or was bypassed on the managerial search then god help us, because with Waggott and Pasha in control it will be the most dismal, uninspiring, cheap, easy option you can possibly think of.

• Like 3

We've lost 2 out of the last 3 league games so he's good at keeping the focus elsewhere and off the team at the min.

No doubt he's miffed but i think there is a bit of the old deflection tactics going on as well plus he seems like the kind of guy to make light of things.

Not snipe at journos and fans and go home and listen to Coldplay sat in a dark room.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JHRover said:

With Broughton here I am relatively confident that he could find us another decent option from overseas, although anyone would struggle to surpass JDT's results and popularity to date. 

Broughton seems to have his head screwed on and knows what he is looking for and I think would have a plan if JDT walked. 

If Broughton was to leave or was bypassed on the managerial search then god help us, because with Waggott and Pasha in control it will be the most dismal, uninspiring, cheap, easy option you can possibly think of.

What's Tony Pulis doing nowadays? 🙄😁

• K-Hod locked this topic