BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers Record for Last Minute Goals

Is it just me or is it my perception that we seem to have let in way more last minute goals than we have scored?  I can think of very few last minute goals for us.

But we always seem to concede them.

Even going back to 1994/95.  We conceded a few last minute goals that season. The only last minute goal I remmeber was at Coventry and Old Trafford but it was disallowed.

This and last season seems to be full of last minute conceded goals. Cant think of any for us off the top of my head.

1 hour ago, Nuttall is lost said:

Is it just me or is it my perception that we seem to have let in way more last minute goals than we have scored?  I can think of very few last minute goals for us.

But we always seem to concede them.

Even going back to 1994/95.  We conceded a few last minute goals that season. The only last minute goal I remmeber was at Coventry and Old Trafford but it was disallowed.

This and last season seems to be full of last minute conceded goals. Cant think of any for us off the top of my head.

Huddersfield away in April was the last one we scored. But you are correct the ones against us far outnumber the ones for us.

10 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Looking at the season to date we're actually the worst in the league for it. 

Saturdays opponents have the best record in the league as a comparison so may well be a nervy end.... 

Screenshot_20231213_053511_Chrome.jpg

We are superb in the first 30 minutes of the second half - and woeful in the last 15. You wonder if we burn ourselves out.

21 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Our tendency to concede goals late in the game, rather than scoring them, has been going on almost since the Chicken Chokers appeared on the scene.

It was going on long before that but it was nowhere near as bad. We could also score in injury time before they showed up as well.

Another issue that could easily be resolved by the club having the slightest shred of ambition.

Going back to when I started supporting the club:

92/93:

Goals conceded:

Late goal away to Liverpool (Walters)

93/94:

Last minute goal away to Man Utd  (ince)

94/95:

Newcastle away

Leeds Away

Liverpool Away

Comparing that to Man Utd in that era (92-96) I literally can't think of any last minute goals conceded for them.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Nuttall is lost said:

Going back to when I started supporting the club:

92/93:

Goals conceded:

Late goal away to Liverpool (Walters)

93/94:

Last minute goal away to Man Utd  (ince)

94/95:

Newcastle away

Leeds Away

Liverpool Away

Comparing that to Man Utd in that era (92-96) I literally can't think of any last minute goals conceded for them.

Yeah, when the guys on Sky Sports used to say “ There’s been a last minute goal at Ewood Park “. Or wherever we were playing that day  . “  Which way has it gone ? “ I’d be pretty confident it would have been a Rovers goal.

Now I’m pretty confident it won’t be.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...