BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield Wednesday (h) - 21/04/2024

I just don't know what to think of this crop.  One minute it looks like Eustace is doing a job and the next time it's like their first time playing together.  What is galling is the lack of heart, fight, leave it all on the pitch type attitude from some of our players.  One might think we were mid table and on the beach not a relegation fight.  I am still waking up sweating with Pears' errors.  Bloody hell how did we end up with TWO terrible keepers.  Points they have cost us, anyone keeping count? be interested to know. 

Edited by USABlue

• Backroom

Last time I can remember it being this bad in the goalkeeper department is that season where we had Jake Kean/Simon Eastwood as our main two for a while. 2014/2015 maybe? You were guaranteed at least one massive mistake in every match. Feels like we're right back there now. Last time we had Raya coming through the youth team to bring some relief after Steele's error-strewn tenure - have to hope we have another decent lad on the verge of being ready soon. 

16 hours ago, DE. said:

Last time I can remember it being this bad in the goalkeeper department is that season where we had Jake Kean/Simon Eastwood as our main two for a while. 2014/2015 maybe? You were guaranteed at least one massive mistake in every match. Feels like we're right back there now. Last time we had Raya coming through the youth team to bring some relief after Steele's error-strewn tenure - have to hope we have another decent lad on the verge of being ready soon. 

I'm still willing to give Leo the benefit of the doubt given he's still young and new to England. He had some shockers but was thrown in at the deep end and not everyone can swim in that situation. He made a couple of howlers and the defence clearly lost confidence in him and his own confidence suffered massively. If he was an understudy to a proper number 1 then he could well turn out alright. He did make some saves that Pears wouldn't have saved while there's a hole in his arse.

Pears is just not good enough. Too many mistakes in him and poor decision making all around. He's a decent number 13 at best.