BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield Wednesday (h) - 21/04/2024

3 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Between them, how many points have Pears and the Swedish lad cost us this season? It must be 10-15 points thrown away through stupid, unforced errors that no professional goalkeeper should make.  

A half decent keeper and a half decent centre forward and we’d probably be flirting with the play offs.

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He followed that up by saying “ so sign the best one you can afford “. Maybe we did ! Keep hold of Kaminski and we wouldn’t be in this mess.

Yes---and I don't understand the "he wanted to go" crap. He was contracted to us and we should have kept him .

Not his choice to make.

Even if he'd run his contract down, so what? Plenty of others have without the Lunes caring.

I said before the season started "this will come back to haunt us" and it has. Started the season with a No1 keeper who is known to be error prone and no decent back-up.

This decision alone could cost us our place in he Championship.

This is the lowest I've ever felt about Rovers, there seems no hope. Celebrating our 150th in Div 3!

• Like 2

For me the squad on its day can be likeable and can produce, we've seen that. Early season and last the results suggested JDT was over achieving so we shouldn't be surprised the wheels came off under him and are still off now.

How this squad can perform like it did against Newcastle, then Sunderland, then Leeds but produce like they did today, Bristol City etc. is baffling. I come back to tactics and motivation personally and yes I'm still mourning the loss of JDT and don't care what anyone thinks about that. I had hope and enjoyed watching my club again, I felt proud talking about the team but now it's back to abject and embarrassment most weeks.

Starts at the top though and has been said many times, the Venkys and Waggott have to go before it gets better. If we were a dog we would be put down.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Between them, how many points have Pears and the Swedish lad cost us this season? It must be 10-15 points thrown away through stupid, unforced errors that no professional goalkeeper should make.  

This is the worst keeper dept iv'e seen here and yet ANOTHER new low Venkys have created.

Steele and Eastwood were head and shoulders above these two and neither of those were above average whilst here and in no way was Jake Keane worse than these two.

Shocking stuff it really is for a club with the setup we have and on the strength of selling TK, wasting a fortune on Leo then adding in Ennis, Telelovic, Eustace etc Broughton needs to be out the door with Waggot in summer.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, RoverKyle said:

He did though, frequently.

Apologies for the bad language but that's absolute bollux.

People used to complain about his output in the final third of the pitch but defensively he was always sound.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, arbitro said:

I've just seen the goals on tv and I'm staggered that Pears tries to blame Hyam for his aberration for the third goal. He is compounding his embarrassment. And for their second Brittain looks like he is towing a caravan trying to keep up with the Wednesday full back who scored. Under normal circumstances there would be wholesale changes for the Coventry game but I'm beginning to fear that Eustace isn't comfortable making big decisions that might upset players. His all too cosying up to the players just doesn't sit right with me. 

Agreed. Needs to show some cajones and drop Pears/Walstedt/Hyam/Brittain/Gallagher for good and stop trying to be everyone's mate.

• Like 1

Long-time Rovers fans will recognise this as nothing new! A failure to deliver when the chips are down and expectations are high (usually after a heart-stirring prior performance.) I had to turn this off when it got to extra time though….it was so soul destroying.
Hyam, Wharton and Pears contributed to set up the first farcical goal. Sammie made a bad error for the second (a bit like BBD had a tendency to do). And the third! I’ve always cringed when defenders pass back directly towards goal……hey - everybody mis-kicks sometimes ….but this was a classic, we’ll be talking about it for decades! It looked like Pears was pausing to collect his mis-kick on the bounce but he had sliced it so well, the ball was spinning like a top and completely fooled him. 

Gallagher is awful. I know he has “good” games where his gallumping presence unsettles mediocre defenders but this can never make up for his lack of ball control or his inability to get into goal scoring positions. When we are moving forward with menacing momentum….pass to Sam to kill it immediately. 

And Dolan! Poor decision making, being too fancy…did you see him pirouette the ball into touch?

There were others I could vent about……….I’ve just seen the BRFCS ratings and no one rated well . What a shambles!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

Can some one please explain how he doesn't just catch, punch, kick it away instead of watching it bounce in to the goal?!

Screenshot_2024-04-21-22-09-08-24_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg

Inexcusable.

BUT

Hyam loves a wobbly pass to his teammates. Looks so disinterested sometimes and his whole demeanour looks off. Signed up for promotion hunting, and not up for a relegation scrap - our captain.

• Like 4

A bit of karma for Wharton as well. He had a very nasty challenge on Vaulks when they scored their second, think he only avoided a card as it lead to a goal for them. When he got injured, it was a stonewall pen, if their attacker had gone down. And another yellow.

He's been decent as of late, but over the last couple of seasons hasn't looked the part. Lower Championship calibre unfortunately.

I just read Rich Sharpe's article, 18 points from the last 19 games is our home record. That is absolutely abhorrent!! The sweethearts must really dislike being challenged by the crowd.

Edited by cesus

5 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

A bit of karma for Wharton as well. He had a very nasty challenge on Vaulks when they scored their second, think he only avoided a card as it lead to a goal for them. When he got injured, it was a stonewall pen, if their attacker had gone down. And another yellow.

He's been decent as of late, but over the last couple of seasons hasn't looked the part. Lower Championship calibre unfortunately.

An injured rovers player is karma ? give ya head a wobble

I still don't understand why Pears didn't clear the ball in touch for the first goal instead of giving it Hyam when Pears can see the Sheffield Wednesday player near him. 

For the 3rd goal, Why didn't Pears take a touch like he has done all game before trying to clear it. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I still don't understand why Pears didn't clear the ball in touch for the first goal instead of giving it Hyam when Pears can see the Sheffield Wednesday player near him. 

For the 3rd goal, Why didn't Pears take a touch like he has done all game before trying to clear it. 

Exactly what I thought when it happened. He had so much time to take a touch.

We gifted all three of those goals. They were an incredibly poor side but our soft lads made them look great.

We thoroughly deserve relegation.

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

As quite a few have pointed out - they haven't got the ability to manage the pressure so they just fluff around them.

The pressure gets to them and they make poor and as recent times show quite damaging mistakes.

The Bristol game was just a nightmare for Hyam- he made mistake after mistake but because of poor man management he wasn't taken off.

Hyam was good for us last season so it's not that he's a terrible player it's a lot about confidence and managing pressure.

8 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

As quite a few have pointed out - they haven't got the ability to manage the pressure so they just fluff around them.

The pressure gets to them and they make poor and as recent times show quite damaging mistakes.

The Bristol game was just a nightmare for Hyam- he made mistake after mistake but because of poor man management he wasn't taken off.

Hyam was good for us last season so it's not that he's a terrible player it's a lot about confidence and managing pressure.

I don't think it got anything to do with pressure but basic decision making from Pears. Pears should have headed it into touch and we regroup and remains nil nil

on the 3rd goal, Pears has time to take touch and then clear it but elected to clear it first time which he fluffed. 

On Hyam, I wouldn't have took him off at Bristol City either but factor in we lost Wharton at half time aswell. 

When i showed the Pears goal to a non football supporting 17 year old who plays a bit the first thing he said was wow that's bad for a pro keeper but hang on surely he could have batted it away instead of running into the net with it ?

Similarly my pals 80 year old mam said 'he could've caught that' when i nipped round there for a brew on the way home, he was in hysterics of course.

That sums up how ridiculous it was it was more than just a bobble it was awful awful goalkeeping. Nobody does it on purpose every keeper gets caught out occasionally but with this lad you expect it it's no surprise at all.  I do feel for him a bit and he will bounce back but there'll be another and another because he isn't a reliable number 1 the lad is a back up keeper at this level that much is clear now.

Can't do that here though because the football experts have brought in an even more naive one to compete.

2 hours ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Fine in theory but to be replaced by? Thats a problem, we have no replacements

Don't care. Anyone with a bit of heart who is prepared to put a shift in would be an improvement.

Ditto Gallagher and Hyam. It's a shame Whaton is currently having fitness issues as otherwise I would drop Hyam without a seconds hesitation and play Wharton and Carter at the back.