BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield Wednesday (h) - 21/04/2024

Flapping at crosses and not commanding the area is an affliction amongst this generation of keepers and a lot of the grow out of it.

The goals Pears lets in though aren't normal i'm genuinely beginning to think he has some kind of eyesight issue, anything comes at him quick from anywhere he only seems to realise at the last min.

Nothing at all would surprise me at this club, nothing.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I think its not unreasonable to expect that you should be winning against second bottom at home. Doesnt mean we will, but a draw IMO would be underwhelming.

Just listen to your old Uncle Jim - he’s seen if time and again with Rovers. Wednesday have been in much better form than us and they proved it today. 

I said on here after the abject defeat away to West Brom that I thought Rovers could easily go down and sadly it’s looking that way.

I don’t normally call any game as a “must win” (a draw would have been fine today) but the Coventry match is near as dammit a must win because I don’t think we’ll get any change out of Leicester

Today was a disaster for the club there’s no other way of describing it. 

• Like 4

That Pears performance today was abysmal, no doubt about that. But his outstanding performance at Elland Rd last week will probably be enough to keep us up.

That said, he needs replacing. 

Just as a side note, Coventry were down and out a few years ago, no ground, no owners, no money, no future, just sayin………

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

"In the first half we were well in the game and bounced back from an early goal and showed great character"

Does he get a bonus for saying 'great character' in every post-match interview?

Bellend. 

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Erased Citizen said:

Make no mistake this squad needs MILLIONS spent on it to even be mid table in the championship. That's assuming we stay up. 

I actually feel somewhat sorry for this set of players cause fuck me they've been hung out to dry by the upper management 

Still not an excuse for lack of hunger or passion

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

No it's not. We want them heartbroken with nothing to play for. 

What's not to like knocking United out with a final to save their best players for? 

Edit united jammy, fingers crossed they hold their nerve in the shoot out 

Edited by Tricky

Just now, Tricky said:

What's not to like knocking United out with a final to save their best players for? 

Edit united jammy, fingers crossed they hold their nerve in the shoot out 

Mainly 'cos fuck Coventry.

United will get smashed by City in the final anyway. 

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Ayari and Chrisene should start.

They did really well against Newcastle and I thought that that would be the moment  they’d be much more involved.

I think JRC should be at RB and one of our CMs brought in, with Chrisene at left back. I firmly believe we have the players to be higher. 

• Like 2

We are a shambles. I give up on the semi with MU up by 2. That was ok, seeing them jam it on pens would have been too much for one day.

Robbins will have them up for us. It's what he does.

I'm sticking with 49 points and GD being enough.

• Like 2

I've just seen the goals on tv and I'm staggered that Pears tries to blame Hyam for his aberration for the third goal. He is compounding his embarrassment. And for their second Brittain looks like he is towing a caravan trying to keep up with the Wednesday full back who scored. Under normal circumstances there would be wholesale changes for the Coventry game but I'm beginning to fear that Eustace isn't comfortable making big decisions that might upset players. His all too cosying up to the players just doesn't sit right with me. 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I've just seen the goals on tv and I'm staggered that Pears tries to blame Hyam for his aberration for the third goal. He is compounding his embarrassment. And for their second Brittain looks like he is towing a caravan trying to keep up with the Wednesday full back who scored. Under normal circumstances there would be wholesale changes for the Coventry game but I'm beginning to fear that Eustace isn't comfortable making big decisions that might upset players. His all too cosying up to the players just doesn't sit right with me. 

I thought he shanked the ball in for the third. Watching it back on the reply I realised he actually knee'd it in when turning around, then half arsed went after it. Awful!