BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield Wednesday (h) - 21/04/2024

6 minutes ago, superniko said:

A lot is down to the fact that Huddersfield play Birmingham. They both cannot catch us, so there is only one spot left on that basis, with the likelihood that it goes to the other of those two. 
We basically want Huddersfield to win that, which means Birmingham can’t catch us and Huddersfield would have to beat Ipswich away (assuming we lose both). Draw is next best, Birmingham win and we lose to Cov and it’ll be a sweaty final weekend 

I struggle to see us taking another point. If B’ham lose mid-week but beat Norwich, they will very likely finish above us.

3 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

If we lose our remaining two games then Birmingham could still catch us even if they lose to Huddersfield. It will be down to goal difference then

Jeez yeah I just assumed only Plymouth had a better GD than us, but we’re the same as Brum. That makes it a little more squeaky!!

4 minutes ago, superniko said:

Jeez yeah I just assumed only Plymouth had a better GD than us, but we’re the same as Brum. That makes it a little more squeaky!!

The drubbing at Ashton gate is looking more and more costly 

• Like 4

What exactly is pears doing for that 3rd and ultimately killer goal, yes there is the initial mistake with the bobble kick but he still has time to react, it’s like he suddenly loses all control of his limbs and it’s flailing arms and legs all over the place.

needless to say I don’t know how many of my mates have sent me this with laughing emojis, I can’t defend it , it’s so bad 

2 hours ago, The Mighty Chaffinch said:

Right, I’ve calmed down (just). That was THE WORST match I have ever seen at Ewood. Worse than the Wigan chicken fiasco, worse than any thumping we may have received and worse than any derby defeat. From the ultra negative 5 at the back to the non-existent midfield to the lack of creativity to the worst performance by a Rovers keeper at Ewood in memory…add in the fact that all 3 goals were gift wrapped, that we allowed the away team (and relegation rivals) to fill the entire Darwen End (too right it felt like a home game…quote Wednesday player) to the ridiculous inevitability that any substitution would make absolutely no difference to our plight and to cap it all off, nearly 20 minutes of stoppage time in a match that was pathetic from stop-start to an eventual (bloody eventual) finish. I’ve never felt so bereft at what I was witnessing…so utterly and totally aghast at the shower of ineptitude in front of me. Wednesday were a limited but powerful team, that’s all. We let them dominate, we caved in, we put up no fight, we stunk the place out and then some. Regardless of how Coventry will be after today’s epic semi-final (and didn’t they show the pluck and fight we so dismally lacked)…we won’t beat them…we don’t beat Coventry when all is rosy in the garden let alone when we’re as bad as we are now. I really don’t want to go next week, any more torture and I might have to insert my season ticket card into an unmentionable Eustace orifice. It’s Sammie Smodzics plus ten imposters. Pathetic, morose, moribund and defeated. Are we going down? We deserve to be and it’s still a real possibility. Pity the teams that finish below us 

Agreed.

But apparently it's not the manager's fault.

The guy who spent all week preparing them for the game, set the tactics and picked the team.
The same guy who hasn't managed a single win at home, despite playing some of the poorest teams in the division.

The guy is WAY out of his depth and it comes across loud and clear in his pressers.

I'd even take Gareth Ainsworth at this stage. At least he gives a shit about the club and would get them playing for the shirt.

• Like 6

Can't add anything to what has already been said but a slight glimmer of hope elsewhere was Markanday when he came on, all to no avail of course but he seemed to be a bit better than I remember him being.

Nowt more depressing than seeing how quickly the Riverside and BBE emptied after the third goal and as the minites advanced after that (and presumably the JW, but it's hard to tell sat in it!). The BBE was practically being closed up when I went downstairs after Sammie had finished his lap at the end. Not seen it that bad in a good while.

I also stayed long enough to hear Gallagher annpunced as MOTM. Surely I imagined that?!

I would just like to add that I said Boo at full time. I am so sorry if poor Callum or Dom are lying in bed now, crying uncontrollably at my heartlessness. 

• Like 8

Oh, and about half an hour ago the highlights came on in the pub on Sky Sports News. Could have done without a completely random set of people laughing at how shite we were. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gamst said:

The drubbing at Ashton gate is looking more and more costly 

Ironic we missed out on playoffs by GD last season and we may get relegated this season based on GD.

Common denominator is our GK

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I watched the FA Cup game this afternoon and Roy Keane in the after match comments on Man Utd said an interesting thing -  “ this set of players are extremely difficult to like “. 

Just how I feel about the current Rovers team.

Funny you say that. I was saying today that this was my least favourite rovers side of the last 30 years. With the exception of a few (szmodics for example)  I find them a tough bunch to root for, and it's not down to ability for a lot of them.

The relegation side of 16/17 wasn't great but I certainly felt more connected with them by the end of the season then I do to this lot now.

6 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Funny you say that. I was saying today that this was my least favourite rovers side of the last 30 years. With the exception of a few (szmodics for example)  I find them a tough bunch to root for, and it's not down to ability for a lot of them.

The relegation side of 16/17 wasn't great but I certainly felt more connected with them by the end of the season then I do to this lot now.

Yes, I loved Mulgrew, Conway, & Graham; Wharton, Raya & Lenihan were up & comers. Shoot, Lowe & Bennett weren’t bad players. 

Of the current bunch, there’s Sammie in a class all his own. I still appreciate Rankin-Costello, Wharton contributes, Carter isn’t bad, & Tronstad could be a piece of the future puzzle. Siggy, we need to see him fully healthy. I think Travis wants out. I’d say “no” to re-signing Gally & Dolan. Hyam, Pears, & Brittain truthfully, I don’t think thryre interested in playing for Rovers anymore. 

31 minutes ago, Andy said:

Agreed.

But apparently it's not the manager's fault.

The guy who spent all week preparing them for the game, set the tactics and picked the team.
The same guy who hasn't managed a single win at home, despite playing some of the poorest teams in the division.

The guy is WAY out of his depth and it comes across loud and clear in his pressers.

I'd even take Gareth Ainsworth at this stage. At least he gives a shit about the club and would get them playing for the shirt.

I never get this idea that Ainsworth/any manager would be better because he gives a shit. I dont doubt that Eustace is trying but like Ainsworth certainly is at this level, he seems out of his depth.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WacoRover said:

Yes, I loved Mulgrew, Conway, & Graham; Wharton, Raya & Lenihan were up & comers. Shoot, Lowe & Bennett weren’t bad players. 

Of the current bunch, there’s Sammie in a class all his own. I still appreciate Rankin-Costello, Wharton contributes, Carter isn’t bad, & Tronstad could be a piece of the future puzzle. Siggy, we need to see him fully healthy. I think Travis wants out. I’d say “no” to re-signing Gally & Dolan. Hyam, Pears, & Brittain truthfully, I don’t think thryre interested in playing for Rovers anymore. 

Lowe and Bennett weren't bad players? Especially Lowe?

1 hour ago, Penwortham Blue said:

I struggle to see us taking another point. If B’ham lose mid-week but beat Norwich, they will very likely finish above us.

Yes we got done on goal difference last season at the top of the table and goal difference could send us down this season. It’s that tight

8 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

This is a wind up right?

I am not sure if I had some manner of post-traumatic hallucination but I am certain it was so. Fittingly it was announced well after the final whistle when half of those attending were already gone.

7 hours ago, Silas said:

All I can think about is how that performance AGAIN was by a bunch of players that sat in a function room sulkily moaning about how the fans were unfair on them.

The absolute arrogance, delusion, and cheek of that moment hits hard today. 

Fuck the lot of em. 

Any respectable CEO wouldn't have allowed this to happen in the first place. The man is an inept clown.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Can some one please explain how he doesn't just catch, punch, kick it away instead of watching it bounce in to the goal?!

Screenshot_2024-04-21-22-09-08-24_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg

I've seen it a dozen times and I can't understand it at all.

He actually moves his body away from the ball, when any contact (certainly with his hand or foot) keeps it out of the net.

As incompetent as he is, I don't believe it would be intentional.
But if it was intentional, he couldn't have done a much better job of it.

Great post. 

When this season is over I won't be buying a season ticket again until Waggott is gone

and good luck to the club trying to sell them to others while this man is here.

32 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Can some one please explain how he doesn't just catch, punch, kick it away instead of watching it bounce in to the goal?!

Screenshot_2024-04-21-22-09-08-24_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg

He can't think when the pressure is on him. He's in fight or flight at all times. The worst keeper I've seen for us. 

• Like 3

Between them, how many points have Pears and the Swedish lad cost us this season? It must be 10-15 points thrown away through stupid, unforced errors that no professional goalkeeper should make.