BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield Wednesday (h) - 21/04/2024

32 minutes ago, belfast_rover said:

I watch semi professional football here in Northern Ireland a lot more regularly than I'm able to watch Rovers, and I can genuinely say there are more reliable and competent goalkeepers than him working full time jobs around their football.  I don't understand what anyone has ever seen in him.

Essentially it was nepotism, with the added bonus of playing for a club whose owners were stripping of any quality. 

• Like 1

Just now, yellowsubmarine said:

Oh, whats that the reason? I thought Sammie was signalling to Gally "now you and i need to score 2 goals".

You may very well be right. That was just my immediate interpretation of it. 

8 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Is Wharton's heart in it? Third game in a row he's come of injured. This is a bloke the other day who was moaning about not playing the other day. That challenge for the second goal summed him up, soft.

I'd take the opposite from that. He wants to play too badly, so he's insisting he feels fine when he really should be taking a rest, and keeps getting injured. Probably on the painkillers.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Gav said:

If you sell all your best players and replace them with dross, this is what happens. 

Is anyone surprised?

You still expect some guts , passion and a desire to win..this is up there with the most shite  inept lack lustre pile of chicken shit I've ever witnessed 

Cowards the lot of them. If that price comes out with togetherness or positives I sincerely think i may have a coronary 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Outthought and outfought.

Most of them are spineless, but special mentions to Brittain, Hyam and Gallagher.

Surprised you left the keeper off that list.

And not the first time he’s cost us games either by a long chalk. Brian Clough once said “nobody can lose you a game quicker than your goalkeeper” and there was a fella who knew what he was talking about!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I’m not a fan of knee jerk posting during games mate tbh. I’ve seen too many games turned on their heads in no time over the years. But that 3rd Wed goal today pretty much sums up our two keepers tbh. If we do get relegated you can definitely point to that position as a deciding factor.

Brian Clough once said - “ Nobody can lose you a game quicker than your goalkeeper “ . He wasn’t far wrong.

• Like 2

We've been really lucky in recent seasons because someone has always stepped up (often out of nowhere) to deliver the goals.

Arma after Dack's injury/Graham leaving, Diaz after Arma was sold, Szmods after Diaz left

You look at who's left (Gally, Dolan, Markanday and Telalovic) and we ain't getting lucky again without major investment when Sammie is sold. 

• Like 2

Just now, Erased Citizen said:

I know it may be harsh to gang up on a GK for a mistake, occupational hazard and all that.

But..

Genuine question. 

Is that the worst keeper fuck up from a rovers player? It's the worst I can remember 

Tim Flowers v Liverpool springs to mind. But I would say today’s was worse

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Erased Citizen said:

I know it may be harsh to gang up on a GK for a mistake, occupational hazard and all that.

But..

Genuine question. 

Is that the worst keeper fuck up from a rovers player? It's the worst I can remember 

No. It's not even Pears' worst fuckup. Have you forgotten him chucking it in his goal against Wigan?

• Like 8

Waggot needs to provide a justification as to why gave them the full darwen end ? How on earth has that been allowed to happen in a game as big as this? An absolute disgrace. Their players on post match interview “it felt like a home game” says it all.

• Like 5

Just now, Erased Citizen said:

I did think of that but this one's worse imo.

Nah not for me. Caught out by a slight bobble it seemed (nowhere near as pronounced as the one that took out Flowers though). I've seen similar happen to numerous keepers in the game over the years. But you hardly ever see something as ridiculous as what he did against Wigan.

It says a lot that he is probably 2 of the top 3 Rovers keeper fuckups and we've only had him four seasons so far. And this at a club that had Fettis and Walton.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Gamst21 said:

Waggot needs to provide a justification as to why gave them the full darwen end ? How on earth has that been allowed to happen in a game as big as this? An absolute disgrace. Their players on post match interview “it felt like a home game” says it all.

We already know his justification. 'I wanted more money'. The man is a master of false economy.

• Like 1

It's just so maddening because you sometimes feel there IS a player in the likes of Pears, Hyam, Brittain, Dolan, Gallagher. All of them have been our MOTM several times, but nobody running the club seems to be able to get a consistent tune out of them.

And as it is we have, respectively, a keeper who makes a part-time hobby of losing us games through completely avoidable howlers (two if you count Wahlstedt), a Duffy MK. 2 wannabe, a defender who can't defend (and can't be arsed), a winger with lightning quick feet but no brain and the most physically useless big lump ever to play target man in the football league. 

Edited by jny

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Nah not for me. Caught out by a slight bobble it seemed (nowhere near as pronounced as the one that took out Flowers though). I've seen similar happen to numerous keepers in the game over the years. But you hardly ever see something as ridiculous as what he did against Wigan.

It says a lot that he is probably 2 of the top 3 Rovers keeper fuckups and we've only had him four seasons so far. And this at a club that had Fettis and Walton.

His errors have been significantly costly as well 

Yes we were 2-1 down but if we get relegated his howler today is one of the key unavoidable reasons 

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Flowers undone by a divot of his own making.

Pears, well I can't understand that one at al

John Butcher made a few , long before every game was televised ..

But in those days Keepers could pick the ball up ..

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gamst21 said:

the crowd did`nt make us defend like ***** did they??,i hate waggot more than anyone but it`s not his fault the players are a bunch of spineless arse*****,do wednesday have better players than us,no,they just have a better attitude

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Gamst21 said:

We're run by idiots from top to bottom.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

the crowd did`nt make us defend like ***** did they??,i hate waggot more than anyone but it`s not his fault the players are a bunch of spineless arse*****,do wednesday have better players than us,no,they just have a better attitude

One of Wednesday's own players said that it felt like a home game.

• Like 2