BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield Wednesday (h) - 21/04/2024

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

the crowd did`nt make us defend like ***** did they??,i hate waggot more than anyone but it`s not his fault the players are a bunch of spineless arse*****,do wednesday have better players than us,no,they just have a better attitude

I get what you’re saying mate but fuck me having 7k fans behind the goal doesn’t help. We need every advantage we can get at the moment with how poor our squad is. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

His errors have been significantly costly as well 

Yes we were 2-1 down but if we get relegated his howler today is one of the key unavoidable reasons 

Thought he was at fault for the first goal too. He needed to come out for it, but he should have tried to send it out of play, and should have immediately sprinted back to goal when that didn't happen.

Before anyone says I have it in for Pears, I just call it as I see it game by game. For one thing I didn't blame him for a single one of Bristol's 5 goals, and thought he was very reliable against Leeds and a deserved MotM. Today was back to being Captain Ballsup.

• Like 6

I should have stuck to my conviction and refused to go to Ewood Park again whilst Pears started in net for us.

He cost us against Ipswich and he gave away two calamitous goals again today. He can't play for us again. 

• Like 3

Just now, bluebruce said:

Thought he was at fault for the first goal too. He needed to come out for it, but he should have tried to send it out of play, and should have immediately sprinted back to goal when that didn't happen.

Before anyone says I have it in for Pears, I just call it as I see it game by game. For one thing I didn't blame him for a single one of Bristol's 5 goals, and thought he was very reliable against Leeds and a deserved MotM. Today was back to being Captain Ballsup.

Hundred percent agreed!

Problem is

"Everyone knows that when someone makes a mistake there is no problem, it's part of the game" JE

Zero accountability 

This is terrible management 

No consequences for performing bad

This is why we keep losing and keep making stupid mistakes. Hyam Pears etc. Just not droppable and never held to account by this Fraud of a coach 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

only one side wanted that win,especially in the 2nd half and it was`nt us,,i`ll launch a personal campaign if they give gallagher a contract extension,he`s a woman

Down 3-1, Markanday (I think) plays a ball into the near post for a tap in. Gallagher pulls out of it.

A #9 takes ball and all into the back of the net there. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Hundred percent agreed!

Problem is

"Everyone knows that when someone makes a mistake there is no problem, it's part of the game" JE

Zero accountability 

This is terrible management 

No consequences for performing bad

This is why we keep losing and keep making stupid mistakes. Hyam Pears etc. Just not droppable and never held to account by this Fraud of a coach 

I think that when Eustace said he was a 'no excuses' coach, what he meant is that you don't need excuses when you just pretend that everything is always absolutely fine and live in la la land instead.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I should have stuck to my conviction and refused to go to Ewood Park again whilst Pears started in net for us.

He cost us against Ipswich and he gave away two calamitous goals again today. He can't play for us again. 

My Dad is 76. Been going since he was a boy. He said he will not return if either of our 2 clown keepers are not replaced. Another example of the dumbing down of the club from top to bottom.

• Like 1

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

Happy clappers at the end clapping them.and arguing over irate fans what's that about . The players got it at the end , I presume hyams fanny is hurt again. 

NOT FIT TO WEAR THE SHIRT.

I guess the joys of that fry up hitting your belly are a distant memory. 

Surprised you haven't brought it back up. 

27 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Surprised you left the keeper off that list.

And not the first time he’s cost us games either by a long chalk. Brian Clough once said “nobody can lose you a game quicker than your goalkeeper” and there was a fella who knew what he was talking about!

It will be the worst couple of keepers I have ever known at Rovers in over 40 years, that will send us down.

I appreciate without him we would already be relegated - but today Smodics gave away the ball that directly led to a goal and also missed a good chance to make it 2-2.

I can't same I am optimistic, but I wouldn't be in the slightest surprised to see us beat Coventry next week.

Just now, speedies gonna get ya. said:

Yes Pears gifted them 2 goals but we are a bunch of spineless soft arses. When there is no pressure on us we can play e.g. Newcastle and Leeds. As soon as an ounce of pressure is introduce they hide. That entire performance was a disgrace. 

I thought we nullified them - albeit it wasn't a pretty game of football. Our GK just gifted them 2 goals and everyone knows we have nothing to turn to on the bench - heads went down when the third went in 'cos they knew a Szmodics hattrick was unlikely. 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm not sure if the clown noticed but we had a 'magnificent' chance today. Also given where we were when he became manager I'm not sure I'd be using the word magnificent when talking about scrapping to stay in the league. That rather says it all about his standards and ambitions.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, TheKitGuy said:

Did Eustace have a tenner on us losing this game? Smiling his way through the post match. Maggot.

Think that's just who he is as a manager. He'll be a positive affirmation guy - personally I'd be throwing teacups at the players in the dressing room, but he'll be telling them all to keep their chins up. 

Absolutely gutless performance from start to finish. We had 2 great chances, scored 1 of them. The rest of it was as dire as it gets.

Our performances against teams in and around us this season should cost us, but I think we'll probably muster a draw next weekend and that'll see us safe for this season at least. Next season I fear the worst, we could be a Rotherham style team next year when Szmodics has inevitably moved on.

JE has to take criticism. He set up in a way that said to Sheffield Wednesday that we had no intention of trying to win the game but simply not lose. Granted you can't do anything when your keeper has two howlers that result in 2 goals conceded, but the way in which the team approached the game frankly deserved to lose it anyway.

Gallagher non existent. Hyam back to being crap after last weekend. Dolan ineffective. JRC and Tronstad both distinctly average. Despite his goal Szmodics had an off day and gives the ball away for the 2nd goal.

Lets hope Coventry are on the beach next Saturday because their chances of making the playoffs are relatively slim now. We need a Birmingham & Huddersfield stalemate, and for Millwall and West Brom to do us some favours next weekend, because I don't trust this Rovers side to get the job done themselves.

• Like 1

I’m going to be angry about this until next Saturday , 

summed up by Wharton not even able to make a cynical foul correctly to stop their second goal. Why were we so open when we were creating nothing with a million players high up the pitch. It’s a collective bunch of crap footballers

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gamst21 said:

Waggot needs to provide a justification as to why gave them the full darwen end ? How on earth has that been allowed to happen in a game as big as this? An absolute disgrace. Their players on post match interview “it felt like a home game” says it all.

The ceo report to venkys (sometime next month!) will show a 21k+ crowd. Unfortunately he doesn't have to justify anything but will recieve a pat on the back..

Don't see us surviving championship after today. Coventry could field a reserve team but it makes now difference at home with our defense. Both keepers have caused religation yet we have the leading championship goal scorer. I'm not blaimimg JE but I am asking "management" why we have an in balanced side - leading goal scorer with two keepers who should not be at the club.  

We'll carryon this downward spiral until owners are replaced.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy said:

Today far outweighs the Leeds win.

No effort, nobody willing to take responsibility.
And then Pears...

Eustace clearly isn't up to the job and needs to go - now - whilst we still have a chance to stay up.

If he tries to spin this positively in the post-match, he is beyond deluded.

I don't think he did much wrong today - he set us up well (3 CBs to deal with their physicality) and we nullified them. You can't really account for your GK gifting them 2 goals. 

• Like 4