BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music

American Rover

If anyone is interested in buying second hand music, there is a decent shop in Lancaster.

Oxfam receive donations of clothes, books, records etc and distribute them around their shops. However there is one bloke who is very clued up on the music business and he sifts through the music donations which are then put up for sale in Oxfam bookshop in Lancaster.

They have a section which is pretty comprehensive. They sell vinyl, albums, singles, CD's, tapes, a few programmes etc but they Don't stock the crap that appears in most second hand shops.

They also re-stock every 6 weeks ish.

Not big but decent quality especially collectibles.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this month i have mostly been listening to:

joy division - closer

sonic youth - washing machine

my bloody valentine - loveless

pavement - slanted and enchanted

explosions in the sky - those who tell the truth shall die, those who tell the truth shall live forever

and just a tiny bit of radiohead.

this month i have mostly been listening to:

joy division - closer

sonic youth - washing machine

my bloody valentine - loveless

pavement - slanted and enchanted

explosions in the sky - those who tell the truth shall die, those who tell the truth shall live forever

and just a tiny bit of radiohead.

I expect you'll be taking your own life any second now then!  :D

Well, it's coming to the end of the year, so what have been people's favourite albums of this year (actually released this year)? I think my top five would be:

Amazing Grace - Spiritualized

There's no Power without Control - Conflict

Enemy of the Enemy - Asian Dub Foundation

Shootenanny! - Eels

Welcome to Poppy's - Fun Lovin' Criminals

Most disappointing...... ? err, Cooper Temple Clause. No way near as good as the first one!

Ste

Didn't know the Stuffies had even reformed Rosie, is the new album all new material? All we need now is for Ned's Atomic Dustbin to announce a comeback tour and I'm 17 all over again.

:D

Morph, no, don't think so.

Check out their website: http://www.thewonderstuff.com/ - they brought out a new dvd in May - not new stuff, more live and re-recorded.

Absolution is great, but just not the classic album they're capable of. 'Sing For Absolution' is a very powerful song, as is 'Butterflies And Hurricanes' (though, in a completely OTT fashion, NME said it was the most powerful song ever written or some other such garbage). TSP and Time Is Running Out are also standouts. The SmallPrint has come a long way since they played it a few years ago on the live circuit, but it still sounds very nice.

Speaking of Muse I got three cds of B-sides/Unreleased/Live tracks off E-bay. £27. Absolute bargain if you're a Muse fan. 59 songs, most of which are very listenable. Obviously you'll have heard some of them if you have the singles and 'The Hullabaloo Soundtrack' but its well worth it IMO.

highly predictable that i'd put this but pearl jam lost dogs is quality. 2 discs full of the songs that didn't make it on to albums or were b-sides ect,.. and it's so much better than anything most bands could ever dream of doing.

chili peppers greatest hits also,.. though you know what your getting it's still quality, and the dvd version is worth buying if you own a dvd player. the new track 'fortune faded' is a nice lil' ditty too.