SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music

American Rover

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought the most recent Jurassic 5 album, Power In Numbers, yesterday. I saw them in my Students' Union on Tuesday night and they were simply awesome. I was a marginal fan before but in the light of that performance I have become much more interested. Rap features quite high on my list anyway, Cypress Hill are particular favourites and the stuff that N.E.R.D are producing at the moment is very good. Rock-wise, my brother bought Linkin Park's Meteora last week and it has proved to be a superior successor to the rather banal first album. Incubus are also highly recommended, the last two albums have been peerless in my opinion. Apart from the above, Queens of the Stone Age, Theory of a Deadman, David Gray and the Red Hot Chili Peppers feature quite a bit in my CD player.

Martin Gore's(Depeche Mode) new album is playing on my pc at the mo.Ed Harcourt,Turin brakes.I've recently got back into Rush in a big way.

Glastonbury tickets go on sale tomorrow.  :D

Glastonbury tickets go on sale tomorrow.  :D

yippee!!!!   :D  :D  :D

i am listening to the new placebo album and alot of red hot chilli peppers at the moment

Apparently Eavis has invited Michael Moore to Glastonbury to continue his oscars rant to you all. Won't that be fun?

Must admit I like Placebo, but have heard mixed reports about the new album. Is it worth buying?

Moore is a legend. Yet I suspect his rantings would take it's toll after a couple of days. ???

There was a rumour going around that Prince would be playing Glastonbury. A friend was all geared up to go but the absence of Micheal Jackson's Rock alter-ego has put him off.

Moore is a legend. Yet I suspect his rantings would take it's toll after a couple of days. ???

There was a rumour going around that Prince would be playing Glastonbury. A friend was all geared up to go but the absence of Micheal Jackson's Rock alter-ego has put him off.

Rumour denied. Prince NOT playing Glasto.

Good news eh?

For all you 30somethings out there, the Badly Drawn Boy album "Have you fed the fish" is very good.

At the risk of regaining my youth, I also have the latest Chilli Peppers album on in the Jeep.

Don't tell the local association......

Most recent albums Ive bought are-

Chilli Peppers

Coral

Interpol- Turn on the Bright Lights

Queens of the Stone Age

Turin Brakes- Ether Song

Also got a few singles by a band called Mew, looking forward to the release of there album on the 7th.

Probably going to buy the Burns album this week aswell. Anyone else into them? Heard a few songs, pretty good, and a local band.

Mojave 3 - "Out of Tune". A lovely album for a lovely sunny weekend.

new Spiritualized early stuff comp out today, plus the Warlocks' album. The best album so far this year, for me, is the Asian Dub Foundation one - brilliant!

Ste

Currently listenting to Metallica, cannot wait for the new album in June or the fact I am seeing them in Dublin in August. Also enjoying Iron Maiden

On the softer side I still love the new Coldplay album and have bought the new Paul McCartney live album-still a class act

The three impatient years of wating for the new Maiden album (what the hell was Edward the Great all about, really?) are nearly over. Should be getting my Donington ticket soon.

Also looking forward to Metallica's first album of new, self-written material for (count 'em) six years. Counting the fact that I have done everyting in my power to pretend the Load album didn't actually happen, that equals only their second record since the Black Album. Sad really.

Lost Horizon's new album is fantastic, more of the same please. I've also finally got my paws on Luca Turilli's new album, but I've been somewhat dismayed to find a Techno influence running through it, which isn't cool. Metal-Orchestral-Operatic works, Metal-Orchestral-Operatic-Techno doesn't, let that be a lesson to you.

Other stuff:

Chili Peppers

QOTSA (first album's superb)

Helloween

Rhapsody

JJ72

Marylin Manson

PS Audioslave have been a disappointment.

"Nocturama" by Nick Cave is currently pleasuring my ears.

"Baby I'm On Fire" is a song that I am seriously considering as a song to be played when I pop my clogs and head off to the crematorium.