• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ill end with....

MUSE - Rock For Clever People

ready to rock V this weekend.......

I WANT IT NOW I WANT IT NOW, GIVE ME YOUR HEART AND YOUR SOUL

Saw them at the Staffs site, and they were simply brilliant. Even better than my England cricket hat I wore.

Other good bands were Divine Comedy (great cover of no-one knows), Kosheen, Keane, Embrace, Aqualung, Scissor Sisters and the Strokes.

P.S. I'm disappointed that you like Korn Dan. Their brand of angst and whinging is as bad as Pink's.

Edited by Billy Castell

ill end with....

MUSE - Rock For Clever People

ready to rock V this weekend.......

I WANT IT NOW I WANT IT NOW, GIVE ME YOUR HEART AND YOUR SOUL

Saw them at the Staffs site, and they were simply brilliant. Even better than my England cricket hat I wore.

Other good bands were Divine Comedy (great cover of no-one knows), Kosheen, Keane, Embrace, Aqualung, Scissor Sisters and the Strokes.

P.S. I'm disappointed that you like Korn Dan. Their brand of angst and whinging is as bad as Pink's.

billy,

when all 3 are playing they are even better. shame chris' hand is done in. hysteria is brilliant live

p.s. only like that one korn song

Generally it's OK to like one song by a crap band - Hurt by NIN as one example in my case - but Korn really are about as low as it gets man.

EDIT>

PS Who was playing bass for Muse...who? :smirk: tongue.gif

Edited by Radagast

Muse were much better than in v2001, when they were a bit too 'out there' at times. Having songs like Stockholm Syndrome helps that as well. I thought the Streets guy did well considering he had to learn a whole set in about a week. As for Korn, haven't they only done one song, in the sense that every one is about how Jonathan Davis is screwed up in the head after being bullied and raped by his dad ?. That guy really needs to shut up and listen to Polyphonic Spree.

I'm also getting into Faith No More, and may copy my girlfriends King for a Day album. That is damn good.

P.S. The Johnny Cash version of Hurt is great, as is his cover of Personal Jesus.

Edited by Billy Castell

Muse were much better than in v2001, when they were a bit too 'out there' at times. Having songs like Stockholm Syndrome helps that as well. I thought the Streets guy did well considering he had to learn a whole set in about a week. As for Korn, haven't they only done one song, in the sense that every one is about how Jonathan Davis is screwed up in the head after being bullied and raped by his dad ?. That guy really needs to shut up and listen to Polyphonic Spree.

I'm also getting into Faith No More, and may copy my girlfriends King for a Day album. That is damn good.

P.S. The Johnny Cash version of Hurt is great, as is his cover of Personal Jesus.

they weren't as big then, now they are a fair bit more commercial, but deservedly so. good band, and matt bellamy is a god.

i think absolution is best album by far. ive seen em at MEN arena and got a full dvd version of their set at glasto

The real thing has Epic, and From out of nowhere on it doesn't it ?. I'll have to buy them off my sisters, as one of them has two of their albums (Angel dust and one with a grey cover with a flame on it).

P.S. Dan, is that the last Hoobastank song ?. I'm sure I have heard a single of theirs recently that reminds me a bit of Legacy by Mansun. I like their name, but not their music.

Edited by Billy Castell

Get "The Real Thing" and "Angel Dust", probably their finest moments.

Also check out "Introduce Yourself" - very good indeed - it's with their first singer Chuck Mosley (?) and is a bit different to their later stuff - it has the classic "We Care A Lot" on it. Which reminds me I'm gonna try and get that album on CD.

I saw the White Stripes in Belfast on Wednesday night. Absolutely fantastic! blink.gif

Is there album or a single got "elephants" in it. Thats all i no about The White Stripes my sister listens to it but i cant say i like it. Dance and Rap for me.

I saw the White Stripes in Belfast on Wednesday night. Absolutely fantastic! blink.gif

Is there album or a single got "elephants" in it. Thats all i no about The White Stripes my sister listens to it but i cant say i like it. Dance and Rap for me.

The last album was called Elephant.

Dear Natasha Beddingfield,

Your latest compositition "These Words" goes to great lengths point out how hard it is to write your own lyrics. I believe it is more important to actually understand the words someone else has written down for you before you start to write your own.

Whilst you try build your interlectual standing by namechecking Shelly and Keats, I would suggested you look up hyperbole in a dictionary, especially the pronunciation. Pronouncing it HYPER-BOWL just shows you up for the ignorant pop-tart you really are.

.... But at least it made me laugh out loud on the way to work this morning. smile.gif

Dear Natasha

You want inspiration - try holding a loaded shotgun to your head and pressing the trigger. That should make a massive improvement.

Oh, and your brother looks like Tom Pringle, so even more reason.