SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Manager is Mark Hughes

3rdpillar

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How the hell do you know whether or not Allardyce is ###### off with his board? How do you know what Iain Dowie thinks about his family life? You havent got a clue, like the rest of us.

Very good friends of my grandad is the Warburton family.

His two daughters also get therapy treatments at my Step Mums sister's shop in Bolton.

They have spoke of his discontent more than once. Especially when he didnt get Unsworth

Brilliant

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Souness (at Rovers) is the most successful manager in the Premier League over the last four years, bar the managers of Arsenal, Manchester United, Liverpool and Chelsea.

And still the Blackburn "paying public" deserted in their droves.

Whoever the new manager is, that person has almost no chance of bettering Souness' record at Rovers in the same timescale, if at all.

I accept what you're saying here, and I acknowledge that I'm taking it out of its context a little but I'm sure I've seen a quote on one of these threads this week that states that Rovers' Premiership record under Souness contained more defeats than victories (something like 45 defeats to 40 wins)

If you are referring to tangible success ie trophies and European qualification then I accept that point.

I know stats can be manipulated to paint whatever picture you want to portray, however losing more games than you win can't be good in anyone's view.

The Blackburn "paying public" are deserting in their droves because, over the last 18 months or so, they are being asked to pay more in ticket prices for a poorer standard of football. Simple as that. The hardcore season ticket holders will continue to support year after year but the "casual" supporter, the bandwagon supporter if you like, is going to jump off just as quickly as he/she jumped on circa 1995 because they're not getting any 'entertainment value'

I'm looking forward to the new manager

a) being a popular choice

cool.gif being tactically proficient

c) having a good backroom team around him

d) introducing some entertaining football

e) being able to cure our defensive frailties

it's not too much to ask is it ?!!

Whoever the new manager is, that person has almost no chance of bettering Souness' record at Rovers in the same timescale, if at all.

So what will you be saying 4 years from now ? Will it still be Souey's fault ??????????

An interesting thought that I have been having since he's resigned is that if some bigger club had poached him from us 18 months ago Souness would now be an absolute legend with the Blackburn public and right up there with KMD! As with Duff the board would have been heavily criticised from all angles for lack of ambition and roundly blamed for the subsequent fall in attendances.

And if we still had a managerial vacancy there would be an almighty

clamouring even from Jim (Wormtongue) to get him back at any cost.

Anyway g'wan Jim do as you have been asked and nominate your preferred choice for our new manager. Or has the cat got your tongue? Rover6 has made a complete d1ck of himself with his continual chirping about Sturrock. I suggest that your cunning and fear of future ridicule is all that is preventing you from coming out of your closet.

Souness (at Rovers) is the most successful manager in the Premier League over the last four years, bar the managers of Arsenal, Manchester United, Liverpool and Chelsea.

I accept what you're saying here, and I acknowledge that I'm taking it out of its context a little but I'm sure I've seen a quote on one of these threads this week that states that Rovers' Premiership record under Souness contained more defeats than victories (something like 45 defeats to 40 wins)

If you are referring to tangible success ie trophies and European qualification then I accept that point.

I know stats can be manipulated to paint whatever picture you want to portray, however losing more games than you win can't be good in anyone's view.

The Blackburn "paying public" are deserting in their droves because, over the last 18 months or so, they are being asked to pay more in ticket prices for a poorer standard of football. Simple as that. The hardcore season ticket holders will continue to support year after year but the "casual" supporter, the bandwagon supporter if you like, is going to jump off just as quickly as he/she jumped on circa 1995 because they're not getting any 'entertainment value'

I'm looking forward to the new manager

a) being a popular choice

cool.gif being tactically proficient

c) having a good backroom team around him

d) introducing some entertaining football

e) being able to cure our defensive frailties

it's not too much to ask is it ?!!

BLIMEY!! laugh.gif

Alan Pardew has applied also

Can you give us a source Hughesy? Bearing in mind that your Auntie's stepdad's goldfish's psychiatrist doesnt count........?

Edited by Tugay4England

Very good friends of my grandad is the Warburton family.

His two daughters also get therapy treatments at my Step Mums sister's shop in Bolton.

Its better than saying "a man in the pub", i'll give you that. I'm not sure whats less believable.. your rumours, or your sources..

Heard a rumour just now that Glen Hoddle is to be announced as new Preston Manager on Sept 14th

How come then that their Brian Potter sound-a-likey chairman said on Radio Lancs last night that the current caretaker manager would be given six games to prove himself?

How come then that their Brian Potter sound-a-likey chairman said on Radio Lancs last night that the current caretaker manager would be given six games to prove himself?

I'm only guessing but that's probably becuase the Brian Potter sound-a-likey Chairman of PNE isn't getting therapy treatment at Hughesy's Step Mums sister's shop in Bolton.

He must be kicking himself.

Can you back up Allrdyce being unhappy at Bolton with hard evidence? He didn't exactly go skipping to St James's Park did he?

The rest of your assertions can be backed up by quotes and snippets though.

Just to follow on the 'I know a man who' theme, Allardyce turned down a 5 year deal worth 2.2 mill a year plus a promised 25-30 million transfer cash to manage the geordies.

That, I know from a friend of his son.

Reason for the post? Well he can't be that hacked off with his board can he? Consequently he WON'T be the next incumbent in the Ewood hot seat...like you didn't know that already.