BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Worst Grounds

philipl

Surprised Leicester's Filbert Street was not in there

Is that not because Leicester play at the Walkers 'Bowl'. blink.gif

Don't personally like Villa for away fans.

Most Soulless - Chester City

I'll agree with that!

Edited by roversactive

Surprised Leicester's Filbert Street was not in there

Is that not because Leicester play at the Walkers 'Bowl'. blink.gif

Don't personally like Villa for away fans.

Most Soulless - Chester City

I'll agree with that!

Yep RA just reflecting on grounds in general from following Rovers as what would appear this thread has turned into, and the report is only reflecting on what it reckons would be the top 10 if the football vote goes ahead

Agree re the report about Gillingham but as Glenn said it was certainly an enjoyable time for us Rovers fans after the Preston game.

Still personally hate Selhurst PARK - bad memories and what seems like an eternity to get to/and away from with a lack of pubs and crap view and lack of character.

Other fans' responses

It seems that some grounds are beyond their own fans' defendinng them... but not Luton.

I just followed this link off that report and viewed the author's view of Ewood. It was not very complementary and was summed up with the below.

" Although Blackburn turned in a woeful performance, when I have seen the likes of Hull City, Carlisle and Hearts play badly, the passion of the home supporters was still clear to see. Blackburn have a reputation for being a family club and some people may point towards that as an explanation for the lack of atmosphere, but the likes of Preston, Northampton and Hereford show that a high percentage of girls and children in the crowd doesn't affect the amount of noise around a stadium one bit. Ewood Park is a mundane setting, second best to new grounds like St Marys and the Reebok Stadium, classic venues like Goodison Park and Anfield, and smaller, more charming venues like Fratton Park. Even with the greatest ground in the world, with no noise around the stadium, the experience would still be largely uninspiring. A trip to Blackburn Rovers must rate as one of the most disappointing and lacklustre matchday experiences in Great Britain."

I wish I hadn't read it now sad.gif

I think I've been on that site before that alex sci fi mentioned.

Preston a great atmosphere?

Blackburn a mundane, lacklustre visit?

Hmmm...I do seem to remember that the author is actually a Preston North End fan. Do you think maybe that has something to do with his opinion or am i just being way too suspicious? dry.gif

I can vouch for Luton's ground being in that list (if not the worst stadium in Britain) as it truly is a dump.

It's sort of hidden in amongst tonnes of terraced houses.

Careful there. That sounds like Ewood.

Edited by colin

Coldest - Barnsley

You have got to be kidding.

I stood at Boundary Park yonks ago on my biking gear. Kept me snug and warm in December on the M62 at eleventy nine mph.

Had to rub raw chillis into my genitalia and eyeballs to get me going after that match.

Coldest - Barnsley

I stood at Boundary Park yonks ago on my biking gear. Kept me snug and warm in December on the M62 at eleventy nine mph.

Had to rub raw chillis into my genitalia and eyeballs to get me going after that match.

Trust me, watching us get beat 5-1 at Barnsley a few seasons ago is the coldest I've ever been in my life. Just when you thought you couldn't get any more miserable Barnsley scored another.

Coldest - Barnsley

Trust me, watching us get beat 5-1 at Barnsley a few seasons ago is the coldest I've ever been in my life. Just when you thought you couldn't get any more miserable Barnsley scored another.

I found my ticket from that game yesterday when I was sorting things out in t'flat.

Saturday 22 Jan 2000, KO 3pm Row C seat 26 - like that mattered.

The only game I've ever left early (when their 5th went in)

My Barnsley mate's dad (RIP - he died of a heart attack walking back home from Oakwell a couple of years later) cooked us brunch the next day and replayed the goals which he'd taped off Goals on Sunday.

8 times. Until I'd cleaned me plate.

I think I've been on that site before that alex sci fi mentioned.

Preston a great atmosphere?

Blackburn a mundane, lacklustre visit?

Hmmm...I do seem to remember that the author is actually a Preston North End fan. Do you think maybe that has something to do with his opinion or am i just being way too suspicious? dry.gif

Im sorry everyone but has anybody ever seen a site which is so obviously biased 1 way or another. He doesnt like Rovers that much is pretty clear, just from the games he chose to go to he is a preston fan.

For the other teams in our local area, he chose big games Preston at home vs Man city, Burnley at home to Preston and Bolton home to arsenal, but then Rovers vs Fulham. With the Preston game, he chose the game which happened to be their biggest crowd in yrs (22,000), a huge away support from city and a new stand opening, instead of perhaps Qpr home defeat on a tues night in January in front of maybe 11,000. Burnley preston was a big derby game which will obviously make a difference and Bolton arsenal was their 3rd/4th biggest game of the season.

So for Rovers what does he chose, a game on Sunday on tv, vs a london team with the worst away support in the prem. Then to add to matters we lose 2-0 and he sits in the Darwen end surrounded by the odd pidgeon and loads of empty seats. Perhaps if he had chosen 1 of the biggest games of the season for us in a game we did well in (say arse 2-0 02/03) then he would have had Ewood at 90 odd % rather then the bigoted score we have now.

Rant over tinykit.gif

• 3 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.